Marvel's IRON FIST (March 17, 2017)

If you have seen the complete season 1 of IRON FIST, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Gotham isn't that weak at all. I think a few people here on sherdog and a bit too critical about it. It has it's ups and downs but in general the stories are told well and it's interesting too see the development of characters we mostly only know as full blown villains.

8 of 10 on IMDB
90% on RT

I think those ratings fall in line pretty well with how much I like the show.

Meh, not everyone needs to be Michael Jai White/Wesley Snipe/Scott Adkins. There are stunt doubles, especially with masked superheroes.

Ehhhh I think it's important for the actor who's going to play Iron Fist specifically to actually be a martial artist just because that's such an important part of his character and mythos. I mean the only reason he was created was because of the popularity of kung fu/martial arts movies and shows in the 70s, so yea the actor portraying him should also be a bad ass martial artist.

That's true. But those guys you quoted proved it's actually possible to find martial artists who can act (okay, Adkins could be argued).

Plus it's not like they're casting actors so amazing nobody would care if they can't throw a punch. Phillippe isn't exactly DDL over here.

Phillippe is solid. He's not DiCaprio but he's solid. Plus, with the breakthrough of series like True detective and House of cards, i imagine we'll see more and more movie star names come into TV series territory.

Of course it would be easier if you could find examples like Snipes. For me personally, it makes bigger difference if the actor is poor, then the fact if he has a stunt double (Adkins is a fair example, with mediocre acting skills). The basic martial arts stuff/movements can be learned (e.g. Ryan Reynolds). For extravaganza, there are stunt doubles.

I really like Phillippe and hope they can nab him. Too bad this isn't for a theatrical feature though. He woulda been good for Inhumans. There's bound to be a main character there he could play. Though, I don't suppose he wants to wait 4 years.

Any idea if the TV characters will eventually get their chance to shine in the theatrical films? And by that I mean like Daredevil, Iron Fist, etc. WOuld be cool to see them show up alongside the Avengers.

I really like Phillippe and hope they can nab him. Too bad this isn't for a theatrical feature though. He woulda been good for Inhumans. There's bound to be a main character there he could play. Though, I don't suppose he wants to wait 4 years.

Any idea if the TV characters will eventually get their chance to shine in the theatrical films? And by that I mean like Daredevil, Iron Fist, etc. WOuld be cool to see them show up alongside the Avengers.

I seem to recall reading that Infinity War will involve the Defenders at some point. Makes sense; Cage, DD etc may be Street Level but Dr Strange is a true Heavyweight.:cool:

Phillippe has been pretty good on Secrets and Lies, but I'm not sure about him as Iron Fist.

Last edited:

Rumored to appear in Infinity War Part II.

Update: April 16, 2015

Rumor: The Defenders Will Be in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR 2

Daredevil-Luke-Cage-Iron-Fist-Avengers-Dragonlord.jpg

According to Bleeding Cool (which tends to be a little hit and miss with scoops, but do have a good track record), Daredevil and his fellow Defenders will make their big screen debuts in Avengers: Infinity War - Part Two. There's no details on whether that will be a cameo appearance or something more, but Marvel will clearly pull out all the stops for the movie.

By 2019, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist will have more than likely had starred in at least a couple of seasons each, not to mention The Defenders. Could an appearance in Avengers: Infinity War - Part Two lead to them getting solo movies in Marvel's Phase 4? In other news, the site also mentions that Agent Carter is "75%" confirmed for a second season.

In a recent interview with ScreenRant, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige talks about the possibility of bringing the Defenders into the Marvel movies due to the insanely positive reactions to Daredevil on Netflix:

"Well right now what Jeff Loeb and the TV guys are focusing on is those shows and certainly with Daredevil coming out last night and being so well received, the next one is already in production, the one after that has been announced, so I think they

William Zabka should get a part, he would have been a great TV Iron Fist 25 years ago.

Update: June 9, 2015

Jon Bernthal Cast as THE PUNISHER on Marvel's DAREDEVIL

Jon-Bernthal-The-Punisher-Dragonlord.jpg

Fanboy overload. The Walking Dead alum Jon Bernthal has landed a killer role on the second season of Netflix's Daredevil. Bernthal has been tapped to portray Marvel favorite the Punisher on the series starring Charlie Cox, Marvel announced Tuesday. While series regular vs. recurring details are being kept close to the vest, Bernthal will have what is said to be a big presence on the series.

On Daredevil, the Punisher is a vigilante who aims to clean up New York's Hell's Kitchen by any means necessary, no matter how lethal the results. The character is also known as Frank Castle, a martial arts master and U.S. military veteran who is an expert with a variety of weapons and guerrilla warfare. The Punisher has previously been portrayed on the big screen by Dolph Lundgren (1989), Thomas Jane (2004) and Ray Stevenson (2008).

For Bernthal, the role marks his latest small-screen gig following TNT's Mob City and features Wolf of Wall Street and Fury. He previously starred as another comic book favorite, playing Shane for two seasons on AMC's zombie drama The Walking Dead.

"Jon Bernthal brings an unmatched intensity to every role he takes on, with a potent blend of power, motivation and vulnerability that will connect with audiences," Marvel head of TV Jeph Loeb said. "Castle's appearance will bring dramatic changes to the world of Matt Murdock and nothing will be the same."

Daredevil returns to Netflix in 2016 with new showrunners Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez. They replace Steven DeKnight, who was a huge fan of Punisher.

'The Walking Dead' Star to Play Marvel Favorite the Punisher on Netflix's 'Daredevil'

Update: September 2, 2015

Simone Missick Cast as Misty Knight in Marvel's LUKE CAGE

Simone-Missick-Misty-Knight-090215-Dragonlord.jpg

Netflix's Marvel series Luke Cage has rounded out its core cast. Deadline is reporting that Simone Missick has landed the younger female lead opposite Mike Colter, Alfre Woodard and Theo Rossi in the third series in Marvel's four-series package for Netflix.

Missick will play what is listed on the breakdown as Missy, a woman with a strong sense of justice. Deadline hears the actual character is Marvel's Misty Knight, a former NYPD officer who gets a new bionic arm by Tony Stark after losing hers in the line of duty. She eventually launches a detective agency, helping Cage.

In Luke Cage, Colter plays Cage, a wrongly accused man who, colter cagegranted superstrength by a sabotaged experiment, escapes prison to become a superhero for hire. As it was previously reported, Rossi and Woodard would be playing enemies to Cage - Shades aka Alvarez and Black Mariah. Additionally, Rosario Dawson will reprise her role as Claire Temple from Netflix's Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

Simone Missick Lands Female Lead Role of Misty Knight in Netflix's Luke Cage Series

Update: October 11, 2015

Rumor: Marvel Considering Scrapping IRON FIST on Netflix?

Netflix-Iron-Fist-101115-Dragonlord.jpg

Bleeding Cool have expanded on their recent report about Inhumans with a troubling new update. Their film and comic book sources have apparently reached out to them about their claims, with one telling them that Inhumans was only announced as part of Phase 3 on the insistence of CEO Isaac Perlmutter.

In return, Kevin Feige was able to give the green light to his own pet projects, Black Panther and Captain Marvel, but now that he's reporting directly to Disney, the plan is apparently to "de-prioritise it. Let it fall down the soldiers until, eventually, it’s said that they could never find the right people for it."

Here's where things get really worrying though. Iron Fist, a series we've already heard Marvel and Netflix are struggling to get right, is apparently being hit by a lot of Marvel Studios interference, as "they still do have a say and a signoff into how the show appear and the word is the show may be killed with such procedural notes."

Bleeding Cool has been very pro-Perlmutter in recent months though, so it's hard to say where exactly their sources are coming from. Regardless, they add that around fifty Marvel Studios staffers ("who are currently sitting around filling time doing very little") in some way affiliated with the Marvel CEO and East Coast division could be laid off in the near future, so if that happens soon, start getting worried about Inhumans and Iron Fist.

Rumor: Marvel May Be Considering Scrapping Iron Fist; Update On Inhumans Plans

stephen amell would have been a great iron fist, he isn't a martial artist; but he is athletic guy who really has taken to fight scenes and action sequences, acording to micheal jai white and others they really respect his dedication to the art/role as a whole.

iron fist would be hard to do a solo show, easier to bring him in w/cage and have his own story arc...or have him appear in diff shows before becoming a team w/cage.

Only Marvel show outside Daredevil I'm excited for, would be a shame if they canned it.

From sitting at the panel at NYCC I kind of got the feeling that they are waiting to see how The Punisher does on the second season of Daredevil and could use him instead of Iron fist. Seems like there are a lot of eggs in that basket.

Here's where things get really worrying though. Iron Fist, a series we've already heard Marvel and Netflix are struggling to get right, is apparently being hit by a lot of Marvel Studios interference, as "they still do have a say and a signoff into how the show appear and the word is the show may be killed with such procedural notes."

Marvel is going to micro-manage their success into failure... but they're making so much money it's probably worth it. Just not to the fans.

Would be pretty disappointed if they scrap this, but not as bummed if they put out a pos

Back