Martingale systems

MisGuidedAngel

The King of Nowhere
@Brown
Reaction score
What are the major drawbacks to these? Seems like if you manage your br well it could work. Are there reasons they wont?

Last edited:
What are the major drawbacks to these? Seems like if you manage your br well it could working. Are there reasons they wont?
Bookie limits and a limited br are the major drawbacks.

Bookie limits and a limited br are the major drawbacks.
I didn't really think about limits. I bet small just for fun so I don't think I will run into that but it is a very valid point I didn't consider.

I've been trying it out for baseball. Don't think it can really work for mma.
its not a good idea in general but anytime you're paying juice, its REALLY not a good idea.

I didn't really think about limits. I bet small just for fun so I don't think I will run into that but it is a very valid point I didn't consider.
If you bet just for fun then why not, but be prepared to lose your br, if you hit a losing streak.

Try playing free online roulette (not with real money) with a martingale system. It will give you an idea what will happen with your bankroll, just at an accelerated speed.

Basically, you will eventually hit a losing streak which is likely to eat up all of your bankroll.

I would recommend playing with stakes ranging from 1% to 5% of your bankroll.

Martingale system may work in the short term but in the long term it’s unsustainable because you are basically relying that you will not lose X bets in a row.

major drawbacks? well it doesn't work for starters...

NEXT QUESTION PLEASE

Back