Martin Nguyen VS Marat Gafurov 2

I still think Gafurov is the better fighter but Nguyen was the better man that night. Props to him. He is a good fighter in ONE.

...and fuckin hell, Schiavello and Chilson together is a bit much. One of them needs to take it down a notch.

I don't really know much about Martin Nguyen, but is he related to Ben Nguyen? Both fought in Australia a lot, so I was just wondering.

Gafurov and Goltsov's losses really surprised me.

In fact a lot of solid fighters outside UFC/Bellator/PFL has been losing recently, it's really hard to find a consistent champion worldwide like it used to be some years ago

That was a beautiful right hand, it swung threw like a hot knife threw butter.

I still think Gafurov is the better fighter but Nguyen was the better man that night. Props to him. He is a good fighter in ONE.

...and fuckin hell, Schiavello and Chilson together is a bit much. One of them needs to take it down a notch.
Even on that night Gafurov won the entire fight up until the finish, I think he wins a rematch unless Nguyen continues to improve at this fast rate. What's up with lighter weight Nguyens from Australia having crazy punching power though?

Chilson needs to go for sure, irritating voice and adds much of nothing to the commentary.

I don't really know much about Martin Nguyen, but is he related to Ben Nguyen? Both fought in Australia a lot, so I was just wondering.
Nguyen is one of the most common surnames on the planet.

Gafurov and Goltsov's losses really surprised me.

In fact a lot of solid fighters outside UFC/Bellator/PFL has been losing recently, it's really hard to find a consistent champion worldwide like it used to be some years ago
on one hand, I think we're seeing the level of competition increase. On the other i think we tend to overlook the reason why some of these guys in some of the smaller/less talent filled orgs become dominant champs... they haven't been snatched up to fight people their level or possibly better. I mean, every time we see an LFA event the prediction is that the guy who wins the belt has a ticket to the UFC, going back to Legacy and some of the other ufc feeder events, imagine the runs some of those dudes would go on if they hadn't been scooped up

Nguyen is the most common surname for Vietnamese people. I don't think their relate. It's kinda like silva in Brazil, or Johnson in the states.

Martin Nguyen is the 2nd Vietnamese to get a major mma title. Cung le was the first 1 when he won the strikeforce title against frank shamrock.

Nguyen is the most common surname for Vietnamese people. I don't think their relate. It's kinda like silva in Brazil, or Johnson in the states.
My bad. I'm from the UK so our Asians are normally called Mohammed. Lol.

Martin Nguyen will most likely headline the one fc Vietnam fight card this year. And I wonder if he can speak Vietnamese language.

My bad. I'm from the UK so our Asians are normally called Mohammed. Lol.
You uk people call Indians and Pakistanis "Asians". We don't call them Asians here in the states. Even tho Indians from asia, most ppl in North America don't consider Indians as Asians.

Even on that night Gafurov won the entire fight up until the finish, I think he wins a rematch unless Nguyen continues to improve at this fast rate. What's up with lighter weight Nguyens from Australia having crazy punching power though?

Chilson needs to go for sure, irritating voice and adds much of nothing to the commentary.

Rematch will probably be next I would imagine. 1-1 now and I agree Gafurov probably wins the rematch.
Also I agree with your statement on Chilson he needs to go. Schiavello and Sean Wheelock would be cool. I know Sean did some ONE events. I wish Rich Franklin would get into commentating the events. Ace and the Voice would be a great team

I actually like the Schiavello amd Chilson team more than Chilson and the Martial Combat guy. Their enthusiasm compliments eachother. Maybe a Lee vs Nguyen rematch is on deck

Back