Rumored Martin Nguyen vs. Eddie Alvarez - One Featherweight Championship

strongstylekarate

Nokia will beat Apple 2019
Banned
Reaction score
Rumors has it that One World Featherweight Champion Martin Nguyen will defend his belt against former UFC Lightweight Champion Eddie Alvarez in Tokyo, Japan in March 2019.

The fight will be contested at 155lbs featherweigt class.

Last edited:
Might Mouse may also take part in this event, probably at 135lbs flyweight class.

Last edited:
Eddie alvarez at featherweight?

Doesnt bother me, like alvarez being a guy who won a belt in every relevant organization and i am really excited about ONE championship it sounds awesome

how tough are these one fighters anyway? i dont wanna see these ex-ufc guys come and just start running through everyone

Rumors has it that One World Featherweight Champion Martin Nguyen will defend his belt against former UFC Lightweight Champion Eddie Alvarez this December, The fight will be contested at 155lbs featherweigt class.
Might Mouse may also take part in this event, probably at 135lbs featherweight class.

confused is the fight at fw and if so is that 135 or 155. I thought feathweight is 145

confused is the fight at fw and if so is that 135 or 155. I thought feathweight is 145
One doesn’t allow weight cutting. Their fighters have to be hydrated at a certain level to be qualified to fight. Hence they bump up the weight classes ten pounds.

One doesn’t allow weight cutting. Their fighters have to be hydrated at a certain level to be qualified to fight. Hence they bump up the weight classes ten pounds.
Ok makes sense but he said featherweight for DJ is 135 dafaq?

155lbs is featherweight?

135lbs is also called featherweight?
You're confusing everyone
One doesn’t allow weight cutting. You need to be hydrated at a certain level or you will be disqualified from fighting. Hence the bump up in weight. Demetrious will be fighting at 135* flyweight as well.

Rumors has it that One World Featherweight Champion Martin Nguyen will defend his belt against former UFC Lightweight Champion Eddie Alvarez this December,

The fight will be contested at 155lbs featherweigt class.
I thought one championship was against weIght cutting and do hydration testing and what not. Shouldnt he be fighting at 170/185 without weight cutting?

Or are they planning to have him fight guys 20lbs lighter than him and have him the only one allowed to cut weight?

I thought one championship was against weIght cutting and do hydration testing and what not. Shouldnt he be fighting at 170/185 without weight cutting?

Or are they planning to have him fight guys 20lbs lighter than him and have him the only one allowed to cut weight?
You can cut weight, you just can’t be fully depleted and dehydrated like these guys in the ufc. So you can indeed cut weight, just not to an extent where you’re compromised.

Doesnt bother me, like alvarez being a guy who won a belt in every relevant organization and i am really excited about ONE championship it sounds awesome

ONE's 155lbs is a featherweight class, weight cutting is not allowed.

this makes zero sense as eddie obviously isn't making the pseudo 145 class, even by one fc's sketchy ass "standards."

Fucking sweet!

Nguyen x Alvarez is a fuckin slugger

makes no sense, if he was able to get to 155 and not be dehydrated, why wasn't he at 145 in the ufc dehydrated

You probably can cut but it most likely has to be less than 10%

I wonder which UFC fighter will jump in the One Championship border next?

Probably N'gannou and Overeem, if they both of them lose on their next fights (which I think they will).

Back