Martial art obsession?

tenor.gif
Strong username to post correlation.

I have a martial art obsession. Not just watching. I train in multiple combat sports. Boxing, muy Thai, BJJ, wrestling ,tae Kwon doe etc. I've been doing this since I was a kid. I literally can't stop watching, training, thinking about combat sports. Like I think about it all day everyday. Like I'll be hanging out with friends and sizing everyone up. I'm not trying to fight with anyone. But it just happens naturally. I can't turn it off. It's all I think about. I'm training for the Chicago golden gloves in March. But honestly. I think I've lost my mind. I spend most my money on gym memberships, boxing gloves, shin guards, head gear, mouth pieces. It's not just a passion. Ide rather be in a ring or cage sparring than having sex. Thoughts? Anyone else like this?

Enjoy it as much as you can, till you get old and pick up darts or bowling because of your arthritis and hemorrhoids. This will be accelerated due to the high volume impact you are doing now. We all pay for it later in life.

Online forum is different because you have some anonymity but I usually try to avoid talking about training irl. My coach once asked me if I do and I told him I don't because I might paint a target on myself and someone might try to fight me or worse, try a cheap shot

Worse things to spend your money on and worse habits to have.

Run with it as long as you can because at some stage you'll be forced to compromise and more than likely it'll (time to train) diminish than eventually stop.

Its your life and who is to tell you what's the right way to live. Good luck and don't forget you're living your dream already why rock the boat.

I feel you T.S. being a warrior is a calling, its a way of life. Now days people are forced to be sedentary live like caged animals, its reducing whole generations of Americans into being push overs. Oversensitive whiners.

Personally Kung Fu is my calling and i train like a Shaolin warrior everyday of my life.
wake up do my forms,and a couple sets of tai chi some high rep iron shirt training. Follow that up with eating the right fuel (vegan diet) natural vegetable and fruits i grew in my garden.
All day i try to activate my mind with warrior breathing perceiving the various weapons and scenarios on how i can be the best warrior and handle every situation.
This is the warrior life that has been forgotten by modern society.

When I was a kid my interest in martial arts could definitely be called an obsession.

Karate Kid may have started it, but it was Bloodsport and Revenge of the Ninja that really cemented it for me. Literally all of my thoughts revolved around martial arts in some way.

At 11 years old, I legit thought I would grow up, go to Japan and join a ninja clan, and then go on missions. And that would be my life.

That's why I'm on Sherdog. Got my platinum membership already, I figured the ninja invite is coming soon.

also if you guys are serious about becoming warriors meditation on the art of war is essential.
I make sure to do 3 sets of meditation a day, high breathing reps to get the oxygen to your brain.

also if you guys are serious about becoming warriors meditation on the art of war is essential.
I make sure to do 3 sets of meditation a day, high breathing reps to get the oxygen to your brain.

What dosage do you recommend?

ANYTHING in excess is wrong dude...everything in this universe must have a balance, you included. It even sounds as if YOU can recognize there is something wrong with it.

I dont know you so i cant tell you what it is but usually when that happens is because you are over compensating for a fear or trauma, most likely a fear but I really doubt at this point you would even want to admit it or even hear about it because you have build this image of yourself PRECISELY to avoid facing or admiting this fear.

Look for an interview of Mike Tyson with a guy named Graham something, its on youtube, in it Tyson who is now older and wiser admits that his entire career and especially when he was in the ring what he was feeling was fear.... not even of his opponent but fear of being embarrased, of deep traumas from childhood, the way he dealt with those fears was by overcompensating his macho image and being scary. Its not the same fear that Stallone talks about in Rocky which was controling your fear, the way Tyson dealt with it was not balanced.... which Im sure anybody could tell you is not the healthiest way at all to deal with those emotions.

Anyways, you have to look within yourself bud and resolve your own emotions because as I said it sounds like even you can tell there is something wrong with it, the fact that you started this thread can even say that too. Cheers

What dosage do you recommend?
no dosages modern medication is a poison made to suppress and pussify modern man. If you meditate and control your emotions you will be freer.
Also going vegan and only eating food you grow or is free range organic will keep your body pure and mind uncontaminated.

What? is it bad that one person wants to become a human destroyer being able to squanch everything in sight? FUCK NO, you are doing right, you need to add weapons training in there also, like swords, knife fighting and firearms, you are doing good.

BUT, the whole deal about rather being training that porking whores until the end of time sounds weird though
Kb4t0ws.jpg
Needs a couple of these bad boys on whistle command as well IMO

I have a martial art obsession. Not just watching. I train in multiple combat sports. Boxing, muy Thai, BJJ, wrestling ,tae Kwon doe etc. I've been doing this since I was a kid. I literally can't stop watching, training, thinking about combat sports. Like I think about it all day everyday. Like I'll be hanging out with friends and sizing everyone up. I'm not trying to fight with anyone. But it just happens naturally. I can't turn it off. It's all I think about. I'm training for the Chicago golden gloves in March. But honestly. I think I've lost my mind. I spend most my money on gym memberships, boxing gloves, shin guards, head gear, mouth pieces. It's not just a passion. Ide rather be in a ring or cage sparring than having sex. Thoughts? Anyone else like this?

But you're only a green belt.

Back