Martial art obsession?

Eli1015

Martial Artist
@Brown
Reaction score
I have a martial art obsession. Not just watching. I train in multiple combat sports. Boxing, muy Thai, BJJ, wrestling ,tae Kwon doe etc. I've been doing this since I was a kid. I literally can't stop watching, training, thinking about combat sports. Like I think about it all day everyday. Like I'll be hanging out with friends and sizing everyone up. I'm not trying to fight with anyone. But it just happens naturally. I can't turn it off. It's all I think about. I'm training for the Chicago golden gloves in March. But honestly. I think I've lost my mind. I spend most my money on gym memberships, boxing gloves, shin guards, head gear, mouth pieces. It's not just a passion. Ide rather be in a ring or cage sparring than having sex. Thoughts? Anyone else like this?

giphy.gif

Sounds like you need to spend some time with women. Stop hanging around so many dudes.

When I was a kid my interest in martial arts could definitely be called an obsession.

Karate Kid may have started it, but it was Bloodsport and Revenge of the Ninja that really cemented it for me. Literally all of my thoughts revolved around martial arts in some way.

At 11 years old, I legit thought I would grow up, go to Japan and join a ninja clan, and then go on missions. And that would be my life.

Sounds like you need to spend some time with women. Stop hanging around so many dudes.
I recently got involved with a women. We we're together about a month. But I couldn't justify spending money on her for dates etc when I could be paying for more gym memberships, better gloves etc. So I dumped her.

Whats your age and fight records across all the disciplines you train. I already made quite a lot of assumptions about you from your shit post.

Theres nothing wrong with being obsessed with MA if it doesnt negatively affect your life...

When I was a kid my interest in martial arts could definitely be called an obsession.

Karate Kid may have started it, but it was Bloodsport and Revenge of the Ninja that really cemented it for me. Literally all of my thoughts revolved around martial arts in some way.

At 11 years old, I legit thought I would grow up, go to Japan and join a ninja clan, and then go on missions. And that would be my life.

Sounds like it could have been a pretty good life

McGregor is this way. See you on the billboards pal who needs stupid broads when you've got lambos and custom winning gear?

<Gordonhat>

What? is it bad that one person wants to become a human destroyer being able to squanch everything in sight? FUCK NO, you are doing right, you need to add weapons training in there also, like swords, knife fighting and firearms, you are doing good.

BUT, the whole deal about rather being training that porking whores until the end of time sounds weird though

I have a martial art obsession. Not just watching. I train in multiple combat sports. Boxing, muy Thai, BJJ, wrestling ,tae Kwon doe etc. I've been doing this since I was a kid. I literally can't stop watching, training, thinking about combat sports. Like I think about it all day everyday. Like I'll be hanging out with friends and sizing everyone up. I'm not trying to fight with anyone. But it just happens naturally. I can't turn it off. It's all I think about. I'm training for the Chicago golden gloves in March. But honestly. I think I've lost my mind. I spend most my money on gym memberships, boxing gloves, shin guards, head gear, mouth pieces. It's not just a passion. Ide rather be in a ring or cage sparring than having sex. Thoughts? Anyone else like this?
It happens to all of us, when in camp its even worse, it comes out even more. During company meetings I daze out and just think about the stuff I was working on the previous night. Literally all I end up thinking about is food, and fighting. Sex comes, when it does, its "I'm good for the next 3 weeks, see you round babe".

When I first started out and got really into grappling, during sex I would use triangles, grips (gable, S) alot.

A major prob from a outside combat sports POV is that I'm basically ingrained that when I get hit I retaliate, and it becomes a problem, because every now and then I have friends that joke strike me, and I shoot combinations, they're not heavy, but even then its still hard to them. I feel bad about it. I remember one guy trying to sneak up, and feeling the palm on my shoulder, I spun around and doubled him.

... I might need help

Guaranteed a 155 pound dweeb could knock you out . Quit sizing up other dudes.

you probably started training because you're a fan of conor mcgreggor and live your life through him.

you probably started training because you're a fan of conor mcgreggor and live your life through him.
I've been training before I even knew the UFC existed. Traditional martial arts first

Back