Marlon Moraes vs. Jimmie Rivera Official for UFC Fight Night Utica Main Event

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I recently rewatched Rivera vs Almeida and noticed that Rivera's boxing involves tiny bursts of throwing hooks.

Moraes has clean boxing and throws more than just hooks. He also proved he can win by dab KO.
nBuMVt2.gif

Last edited:
Great fight, close fight....I'm on Rivera's side.

Marlon lost less than a year ago. Rivera hasn't lost in almost ten years. Rivera has already earned the next shot.

But it shows Rivera's not afraid to fight a guy that hasn't earned the right to be facing off with him, risking an opportunity to contend for the belt in the process. Ballsy.
Marlon lost less than a year ago... you mean... in a fight with the number three guy in the world (Rivera has 0 top 5 fights, let alone wins) that was an absolute mindfuck of a decision that produced these media scores. C887BFCE-DA1F-4AF1-BD9F-3739F8218AC1.png

Rivera’s best wins are Thomas Almeida who’s fringe top 10 at best, and 94 year old Uriah Faber.

Il hold off on saying he’s earned a shot.

voted rivera but this is a damn good fight

Rivera’s best wins are Thomas Almeida who’s fringe top 10 at best, and 94 year old Uriah Faber.

For the record, Rivera is the only non-champion to ever beat Faber at 135 in the UFC.

For the record, Rivera is the only non-champion to ever beat Faber at 135 in the UFC.
Uriah is a legend, but by the time he fought Rivera he was almost in a wheelchair. The fight before, he got knocked down about 11 times by Dominick Cruz. Cruz is elite, but those might be the only knockdowns he’s had in his entire career. Then Faber looked awful squeaking by Picket. The evidence points strongly towards him being 114 in fight years and far on the decline by the time Rivera fought him.

Great match up and I'm glad it'll be five rounds. I have no idea who wins, could easily see this going either way.

Im on moraes side just because of how ali abdelaziz blasted rivera for being a lier and how jimmie rivera prior to scheduled fight thought he was too big of a name for him to fight moraes. dude is a quite weasel

war moraes,ko/tko 2nd round

Finally they booked this fight sheeesh this fight shouldve happened way sooner but happy to see it’s going down

You're thinking of Francisco Rivera. Not Jimmie Rivera.

This is why I love Sherdog.

Posts are vetted by other posters constantly.

Props to Arkridge for not being a douche or smartass about it.

Even though I would prefer harsh criticism to wrong info.

Could go either way. Moraes has the edge in power while Riverias boxing/footwork is probably best in the division from a technical standpont

Last edited by a moderator:

Barao was champ. Not that it matters there are multiple guys in the Ufc I'd favor over prime Faber like Garbrandt, Cruz , Tj, Moraes, Rivera, even a guy like Font would give him trouble.

Barao was champ. Not that it matters there are multiple guys in the Ufc I'd favor over prime Faber like Garbrandt, Cruz , Tj, Moraes, Rivera, even a guy like Font would give him trouble.
no he wasn't, they fought for the interim belt

I'm all for this as long as the UFC honors the winner as #1 contender over commentator Cruiz or Cody if they're not willing to fight these guys.
But DJ V TJ should still happen. Just let them 226 sign already.

Back