Marlon Moraes briefly on Eddie Alvarez comments(Gif Included)

A little over an hour ago, "Magic" Marlon Moraes took to Instagram Live to talk to his fans, amongst the fans, I took it upon myself to ask how he feels when people say he looks like Eddie Alvarez, and he said

"How does it make me feel? I don't know, It's okay, I like Eddie Alvarez, he's one of the funniest guys I know so it's okay"

He also took note of his American supporters in the chat and said he's very thankful for the support he's receiving.

And to further legitimize the consensus that he's a good guy, when it comes to Aljamain Sterling and his recovery, he happily restated that he hopes for a speedy recovery, and yeah he's fighting at the end of the day, but he doesn't want to see his opponent hurt.

Moraes-Sterling.gif

I know it seems like a silly thread, but I took a chance to ask as I know it's like a running gag within the community even though he kind of does, and luckily for me, he responded.

Magic Bless

marlon-moraes-ufc-fight-night-120-1-2.jpg
Why are all your favorite fighters in the top 5? lol

Is it a joke (if it is lol on me) or are you just that much of a casual?

book it Dana

Eddie vs Moraes

Winner gets crowned the bald underground prince.
IIRC they are training partners, friends and different weight classes...

I could see him giving "No Love" some trouble, and although I give the Cody the edge in terms of Power and Speed, like we saw with TJ, that doesn't mean much when you have more tools and experience, and with that, I think Marlon like TJ, has more tools at his disposal to get the win. He throws a better variety of kicks and has slick countering. If Cody get's caught up in a brawl, I could see either one of them going down, but Cody's Chin got put on notice by TJ. It'll be a good fight though.

Cody doesn't seem to eat punches too well. Anyone with a bit of pop to their punches is a threat to put him out imo.

Why are all your favorite fighters in the top 5? lol

Is it a joke (if it is lol on me) or are you just that much of a casual?

I only got into the UFC a year ago, so a lot of the fighters I grew to like at the time were promoted heavily by the UFC or I just so happened to gravitate towards because of their personality, I also like the fighting style of the fighters listed. As someone who's watched about every event from 202, till now, almost every one you see has earned my respect as fighters as well as something outside of their fighting that drew me to them, such as their personality, and heart.

As far as them all being in the Top 5, well I have taste in fighters what can I say lol, but in all seriousness, that's the best answer I can give, as you can see, I'm still changing, adding, and removing fighters, and there's nothing wrong with that.

It used to be souly Conor that I liked, but my commitment to the sport and my open minded and unbiased approach to the spectacle allowed to expand my horizons and truly appreciate the many great fighters in the UFC, some of who which are Top 5 material. If I was a casual trying to look cool, my list would be a lot bigger, but I don't care for all the top 5 in every divison, just a select few.

I only got into the UFC a year ago, so a lot of the fighters I grew to like at the time were promoted heavily by the UFC or I just so happened to gravitate towards because of their personality, I also like the fighting style of the fighters listed. As someone who's watched about every event from 202, till now, almost every one you see has earned my respect as fighters as well as something outside of their fighting that drew me to them, such as their personality, and heart.

As far as them all being in the Top 5, well I have taste in fighters what can I say lol, but in all seriousness, that's the best answer I can give, as you can see, I'm still changing, adding, and removing fighters, and there's nothing wrong with that.

It used to be souly Conor that I liked, but my commitment to the sport and my open minded and unbiased approach to the spectacle allowed to expand my horizons and truly appreciate the many great fighters in the UFC, some of who which are Top 5 material.
I can understand that and appreciate your honesty......... Ya casual ;):p

Hahaha, I'm getting there, I even recently got into betting lol, I'm getting there, gimme time, I'm still a youngin in the game.
I'm just messing. Btw the Arkham games are amazing. Playing Arkham Knight for the first time right now. Disappointed by the amount of Batmobile driving so far, hate that thing.

I'm just messing. Btw the Arkham games are amazing. Playing Arkham Knight for the first time right now. Disappointed by the amount of Batmobile driving so far, hate that thing.

Lol I know I could tell, and yeah man, hate to break it to you, but as a Batman fan, particularly a Red Hood fan, it's my duty to inform you that it only gets worse, that Batmobile kills the game, say the world and I'll spare you the trouble of playing that game, if you don't know anything spoiler related, but would like to know if it's worth playing, say the word, and I'll give you the brass tax.

Lol I know I could tell, and yeah man, hate to break it to you, but as a Batman fan, particularly a Red Hood fan, it's my duty to inform you that it only gets worse, that Batmobile kills the game, say the world and I'll spare you the trouble of playing that game, if you don't know anything spoiler related, but would like to know if it's worth playing, say the word, and I'll give you the brass tax.
I think I'll pain through it for the story. Sad to hear the about the car. Feel like it's really going to kill the game.

I could see him giving "No Love" some trouble, and although I give the Cody the edge in terms of Power and Speed, like we saw with TJ, that doesn't mean much when you have more tools and experience, and with that, I think Marlon like TJ, has more tools at his disposal to get the win. He throws a better variety of kicks and has slick countering. If Cody get's caught up in a brawl, I could see either one of them going down, but Cody's Chin got put on notice by TJ. It'll be a good fight though.
This is a great fight. I watched him in WSOF too and thought he looked legit. WSOF promoted hard that he was a frankie edgar training partner. If Cody fights Moraes, I think its good night. He does look kinda like eddie too, but im not here for what he looks like.

This is a great fight. I watched him in WSOF too and thought he looked legit. WSOF promoted hard that he was a frankie edgar training partner. If Cody fights Moraes, I think its good night. He does look kinda like eddie too, but im not here for what he looks like.

Me either, I like how he fights, variety of kicks, solid stand up, power, slick counters and TDD for days, he's a complete package if anything.

I think its that weird Jersey/Long Island vibe that Frank Edgar and the Serra-Longo crew give off. He seems like he'd fit into the Jersey Shore house a little too well.
Well, that's because they're all connected through Team Renzo. All 3 teams are affiliates & often help each other out for camps. I'm certain that Marlon & Aljamain have moved together before. Same with Eddie & Marlon. They all know each other...some of them pretty well.

He was one of the prospect of an other org that I really wanted to see in the UFC, wasn't sure of him with his first fight, but the guy sure improved and seems right at home

I think its that weird Jersey/Long Island vibe that Frank Edgar and the Serra-Longo crew give off. He seems like he'd fit into the Jersey Shore house a little too well.
lol im from jersey.. right in that beautiful fresh air area near newark/hoboken

Back