Marlon Moraes briefly on Eddie Alvarez comments(Gif Included)

Arkham's Notorious Geyser

"Sorry about that"
@red
Reaction score
A little over an hour ago, "Magic" Marlon Moraes took to Instagram Live to talk to his fans, amongst the fans, I took it upon myself to ask how he feels when people say he looks like Eddie Alvarez, and he said

"How does it make me feel? I don't know, It's okay, I like Eddie Alvarez, he's one of the funniest guys I know so it's okay"

He also took note of his American supporters in the chat and said he's very thankful for the support he's receiving.

And to further legitimize the consensus that he's a good guy, when it comes to Aljamain Sterling and his recovery, he happily restated that he hopes for a speedy recovery, and yeah he's fighting at the end of the day, but he doesn't want to see his opponent hurt.

Moraes-Sterling.gif

I know it seems like a silly thread, but I took a chance to ask as I know it's like a running gag within the community even though he kind of does, and luckily for me, he responded.

Magic Bless

marlon-moraes-ufc-fight-night-120-1-2.jpg

I'm not sure why but he bothers me a little bit

Seems like a humble dude.

Could see once he realised how bad the KO was he was a bit worried.

A little over an hour ago, "Magic" Marlon Moraes took to Instagram Live to talk to his fans, amongst the fans, I took it upon myself to ask how he feels when people say he looks like Eddie Alvarez, and he said

"How does it make me feel? I don't know, It's okay, I like Eddie Alvarez, he's one of the funniest guys I know so it's okay"

He also took note of his American supporters in the chat and said he's very thankful for the support he's receiving.

And to further legitimize the consensus that he's a good guy, when it comes to Aljamain Sterling and his recovery, he happily restated that he hopes for a speedy recovery, and yeah he's fighting at the end of the day, but he doesn't want to see his opponent hurt.

Moraes-Sterling.gif

I know it seems like a silly thread, but I took a chance to ask as I know it's like a running gag within the community even though he kind of does, and luckily for me, he responded.

Magic Bless

every time I hear from him, he sounds like a real cool guy!
Made me a fan!!!

book it Dana

Eddie vs Moraes

Winner gets crowned the bald underground prince.

I'm not sure why but he bothers me a little bit

I think its that weird Jersey/Long Island vibe that Frank Edgar and the Serra-Longo crew give off. He seems like he'd fit into the Jersey Shore house a little too well.

I watched this dude in WSOF for while before he got signed thinking he needed to be tested cause he was straight steam rolling them dudes over there

Even tho Aljo isnt very polished yet we havent seen him get put away like that.

Id like to see Marlon vs Cogar

He looks like he's 95% human and 5% something else, maybe some worm or something.

every time I hear from him, he sounds like a real cool guy!
Made me a fan!!!

Glad to hear, and I agree, he's one of the few fighters that give Brazilians a good name, he also said in another interview, that he doesn't really like to get involved in the drama and doesn't really dislike anyone in the sport, he's about his business and his passion, nothing else, and I love that. The dudes ready to make waves in the Bantamweight Division, if he keeps it up, he could easily be a contender by next year.

He looks like the love child of Eddie Alvarez and Thiago Alves.

eddie_alvarez.0.0.jpg

+
Alves.jpg

=

I watched this dude in WSOF for while before he got signed thinking he needed to be tested cause he was straight steam rolling them dudes over there

Even tho Aljo isnt very polished yet we havent seen him get put away like that.

Id like to see Marlon vs Cogar

I could see him giving "No Love" some trouble, and although I give the Cody the edge in terms of Power and Speed, like we saw with TJ, that doesn't mean much when you have more tools and experience, and with that, I think Marlon like TJ, has more tools at his disposal to get the win. He throws a better variety of kicks and has slick countering. If Cody get's caught up in a brawl, I could see either one of them going down, but Cody's Chin got put on notice by TJ. It'll be a good fight though.

Really nice to see Marlon get to show some of his stuff. While being around for awhile floating under the limelight, he has been building his game. The confidence he gathers from his recent win, will only help that game mean more.

My favorite moment this guy had will forever be the guy walking Anik around the ring by his wrist like he was his bitch so he could say his piece on the mic to Sean Shelby. Lol

My favorite moment this guy had will forever be the guy walking Anik around the ring by his wrist like he was his bitch so he could say his piece on the mic to Sean Shelby. Lol

Lol, that was pretty funny, a passionate Moraes had lol, he's got some beef with Jimmie Rivera.

Really nice to see Marlon get to show some of his stuff. While being around for awhile floating under the limelight, he has been building his game. The confidence he gathers from his recent win, will only help that game mean more.

Agreed 100% He's a surging contender in the division and a win over another top 5, most likely Cody, puts him where he should be, dude's an amazing talent and adds to the Bantamweight divison.

He doesn't look like Eddie Alvarez. If he looks like anyone it's Diego Brandao.

Back