Marlon Moraes believes he deserves title shot over Raphael Assunçao. Agree or Disagree?

Marlon has beaten better competition since the loss.. but Raphael is damn near close too.
I think the same way. Rivera was a damned good win. Both deserve it but Marlon just a smidgeon more.

I'd agree Assuncao beat font by boring decision, Moraes ko'ed Rivera big difference. TJ already bested Assuncao he'll do it again and Assuncao will make it boring might make sense if cody win, but Moraes is still better fight.

People get hyped for Moraes' finishes then they hear his post fight interview voice and it's

<DisgustingHHH>

I think the UFC should either stop interviewing him or put a pitch shifter on that mic so he doesn't sound like a 12-year-old girl. At this point it's doing him a lot of unnecessary harm.

idk I got hype af when he grabbed the mic and was like "DECEMBER TIRTY IM DOWN"

Give it to Assuncao.

That way they can set up the rematch with Moraes as a revenge type bad blood title shot...

Agree. Moraes should have taken the first fight with Assuncao anyway, and he's coming off two vicious early KO's. Assuncao is a solid guy, but he's not entertaining enough. Give Moraes the shot against Cody/TJ winner, and have Assuncao take a stay-busy fight while he waits for the winner of that trio.

If the question is who "deserves" a title shot, then I'd say it's clearly Assuncao. The guy is 11-1 in the UFC, has won 4 fights in a row, holds a win over Moraes (even if it's controversial), and has a win over the current champion. If that's not enough to earn a title shot, I don't know what is.

But this is the UFC. Being "deserving" isn't a prerequisite for getting a title shot.
11-2 in the UFC, has a win over the current champion by split decision that was avenged with a decisive victory. Has one finish in his last 8 fights.

I would say so....Dodson, Sterling and Rivera are good wins, two of whom he finished by TKO. The loss to Raphael was a split, ultra close fight

Agree. He's been murdering better competition since his "loss" to Assuncao which was an awful decision

Assuncao might be the most underrated fighter in the UFC but Moraes is the better fighter imo

Simple, give it to the guy that beat the other guy.

11-2 in the UFC, has a win over the current champion by split decision that was avenged with a decisive victory. Has one finish in his last 8 fights.
I meant to say 11-1 in his last 12 UFC fights, but you get my point. And yes, TJ earned a decisive victory over in their rematch. That makes them 1-1, which usually means a rubber match is on deck. Hell, Cody lost more decisively to TJ and, unlike Assuncao, doesn't have a win over TJ, yet he's getting an instant rematch.

You are correct that Assuncao has one finish in his last eight fights. I'm not sure what that has to do with whether he "deserves" a title shot, which is the point of this thread. If anything, you're making my point for me. My point is that he obviously deserves a title shot, but he probably won't get one due to reasons unrelated to be deserving (e.g., counting how many finishes he has).

Hell yeah, assuncao is boring and got some lucky decisions

Both deserve it over Cody.

This instant rematch with Cody is a huge waste of time.

Marlon will likely get it. Flashy KO, their first fight was controversial. Plus, if TJ wins then I doubt there's that much of an interest in TJ vs Assun 3. New blood would be fun.

Knocking out top contender Rivera was super impressive.

Considering Marlon's loss to Assuncao was a split decision and his UFC debut (probably jitters), I give him a break on that loss. I think he's above Raphael, but Raphael can put himself into the next slot with a victory over Linekar or Rivera.

Assuncao is like the Jon Fitch of BW. Too good to be Top 5 gatekeeper, but not enough excitement for fans to clamor for a title shot.

Back