Marketing Is Racist: Democrats Calls For Menthol Ban

There's about to be a shitload of new black republicans...

The left has become a parody of itself. Supporting democrats is beyond reprehensible.

They're not going by numerical numbers silly. They're going by the CDC reports, which use percentage of race. E.g. 3 out 100,000 white men die from smoking-related oral cancer, 7 out of 100,000 black men die from oral cancer, therefore something something discrimination.
There could be thousands of reasons to explain this. It's absolutely horrifying that politics trumps scientific research.

Menthol and other flavored cigars are on their way out in Canada already.
Believe October 1st is nationwide with some many places already not selling them.

DeMorierre sells a brand of smokes where they are regular, but if you crush the filter in a certain spot then it turns into menthol. I wonder if that is the reason they did that, to skirt a crackdown.

Jezus -- if nanny state liberals ever targeted ribs / bbq pork, we may see a massive shift in core support.

Taking away newports and ribs, may be enough to get black people to switch to the red team.

newport_ghetto_car.0.0.0x0.500x200.jpg

I had a friend that owned pizza restaurants. He said they targeted black people as customers because they were stupid enough to have pizza every night for dinner. He said that it came with a lot of problems though like having ghetto people in the restaurant and he also said they were quick to claim they were discriminated against just so they could get free stuff.

Disgusting. Just disgusting.

It reminds me of Patrice saying some businesses should treat blacks great. Like shoe stores. He argued that because blacks spend so much on shoes he didn't get why they still got treated bad. I thought he had a good point. Now I realize why. It just encourages thugs to visit your place of business. So yea, target thugs, but maybe install security features like a cage between you and your customer.

The FDA is already going after menthol cigs for other reasons, so I wouldn't expect this to change anything- menthols are going away soon.

Im so glad the government can make that choice for me . As a smoker I dont ever recall making that request

Im so glad the government can make that choice for me . As a smoker I dont ever recall making that request

You guys are a few years behind Australia in regards to smoking.

10-15 years ago you could get a 20 pack for around $8 now they are $20. A 50g pouch of tobacco is $50.

The FDA is already going after menthol cigs for other reasons, so I wouldn't expect this to change anything- menthols are going away soon.
Yeah, I think their reasoning in the OP is stupid but the point remain that menthols are evil. I believe they're also big with children, although it's already illegal to sell to kids.

why doesnt the government just stay out of other peoples business and let people live life as long as they are not harming others?

why doesnt the government just stay out of other peoples business and let people live life as long as they are not harming others?

Personal responsibility has been on the ropes for decades. No surprise here.
One issue with cigarettes- not menthols in particular, but just the product in general- is that when poor, uninsured people are diagnosed with lung cancer, cardiovascular disease, or emphazima, hospitals aren't allowed to just let them die on the streets. So, society ends up paying the "clean up cost" for tobacco companies' profits. That's why I have no sympathy for taxing and regulating the shit out of them.

One issue with cigarettes- not menthols in particular, but just the product in general- is that when poor, uninsured people are diagnosed with lung cancer, cardiovascular disease, or emphazima, hospitals aren't allowed to just let them die on the streets. So, society ends up paying the "clean up cost" for tobacco companies' profits. That's why I have no sympathy for taxing and regulating the shit out of them.

I agree, get rid of tobacco and weed companies.

Back