Mark Pavelich

Falconkick

A charming asshole
Yellow Card
Reaction score
I was a very big fan of the MFC. I loved the ring, the gloves and the fact it was a Canadian promotion on AXS and had Frank Trigg commentating along side Schiavello.
A lot of great fights happened in that org. I will always remember Adam Lynn's elbow knock out of Curtis Demarce...
Lynn a seasoned vet let the young gun run right into his elbow. It was beautiful.

I am just asking if anyone on here fought on a card and dealt with Mark personally. Or cornered a fighter and dealt with him or any other way and could let me know how that was lol.

I am curious because he was a strange douchy character in the MMA game. And I can recall on way too many cards mid show they would ask the President of the MFC Mr Pavelich his thoughts on how the nights fights were unfolding. And he always looked completely coked out of his mind it was hilarious.

Pavelich was hilarious always overstating how big MFC was. You're right though, lot of great fights happened there.

I remember it as the org that springboarded the Lima bros mostly, but also a lot of nice Pete Spratt KO's and random wild wars like Anthony Birchak vs Ryan Benoit

Pavelich was hilarious always overstating how big MFC was. You're right though, lot of great fights happened there.

I remember it as the org that springboarded the Lima bros mostly, but also a lot of nice Pete Spratt KO's and random wild wars like Anthony Birchak vs Ryan Benoit
Lol yea Pete Spratt wrecked a few guys in there, Ryan Ford came out of the MFC aswell.

I covered MFC shows for sherdog. I never had any problems with him personally. There is no denying his passion for his promotion. But I know a TON of people who had spats with Mark.

I covered MFC shows for sherdog. I never had any problems with him personally. There is no denying his passion for his promotion. But I know a TON of people who had spats with Mark.
Was MFC the promotion that was usually in the Maritime provinces?

ECC was the biggest promotion out of the maritimes.

ECC was the biggest promotion out of the maritimes.
Ah, yes. I believe I remember a promising LHW or HW out of that promotion, made it to the UFC, and got cut after a loss or two, about 10 years ago.

Was it you who wrote the monthly report on the Canadian scene for Sherdog back then? Those were the good old days on Sherdog, when the non UFC and Pride promotions were more widely reported on, especially by Sherdog.

Roger Hollett is the best bet I can think of for the guy you are thinking of. He also fought for the MFC.

Andy Cotteril was the guy who wrote the monthly MM-Eh column. I filled in once for him when he was away for work, but he did it 99% of the time.

MFC was an awesome promotion I really enjoyed the fights and overall presentation but he always did come off as a bit douchey, full of himself doing vlogs while driving as if he were Dana White lol publicly lashing fighters like Ryan Ford, maybe he was kinda like Dana.

To be fair though the guy obviously cared for his product and it had to be frustrating building up good fighters to only have them go on to the UFC with no real return.

Also the white ring with red really looked good much better than what most orgs are still doing today.

MFC was an awesome promotion I really enjoyed the fights and overall presentation but he always did come off as a bit douchey, full of himself doing vlogs while driving as if he were Dana White lol publicly lashing fighters like Ryan Ford, maybe he was kinda like Dana.

To be fair though the guy obviously cared for his product and it had to be frustrating building up good fighters to only have them go on to the UFC with no real return.

Also the white ring with red really looked good much better than what most orgs are still doing today.

This 100 % Those red gloves and that ring was the most beautiful ring in combat sports I thought. I loved that org and really miss it.

Roger Hollett is the best bet I can think of for the guy you are thinking of. He also fought for the MFC.

Andy Cotteril was the guy who wrote the monthly MM-Eh column. I filled in once for him when he was away for work, but he did it 99% of the time.
I trained with Hollett a lot leading up to his fight against Fabio Maldonado It was great we had a lot of good battles. He really is such a talented fighter. Listening to him hit pads only makes you laugh because it sounds like thunder when he hits them DAMN it was loud

Pavelich runs a promotional/marketing business now.

Back