Mark My Words... Frankie Edgar Will Get KO'D on April 21st

I definitely don't think it's a good idea for Frankie to try to bounce back quickly after a loss like that and the UFC shouldn't even be willing to book him for that quick of a turnaround. That's only three days past his minimum medical suspension after his TKO loss.

I don't know whats with Frankie taking these super dangerous fights that offer him little in return. If he beats Cub what will it do for him getting another title shot?

You heard it here first ladies and gents. Not those other 5 threads HERE DAMMMIT!!

Swanson couldn't even finish Lobov. It takes someone like Triangle-City who is one of the most dangerous finishers to finish Edgar.
I say Edgar by decision or possibly submission.

I really hope not. Frankie is one of my all time favs

Quick turn around to potentially get ktfo again

and he's making less money?

Grade A decision making over his camp there.

My interest level in this fight is a 0 or -1/10. Why the fuck.

Wanted Cub/Aldo, Cub/Elkins, Cub/Emmett, or Cub/Stephens rematch. Hell even Cub/Lamas or Cub/Mendes. He has a lot of losses he can try to avenge

Thought Frankie won too decisively for them to run it back.

Nah, I don't see it.

If he was rematching Stephens I'd be worried for him, but Cub isn't known for his KO power

So he got KO'd and basically got no suspension?

Nah, I don't see it.

If he was rematching Stephens I'd be worried for him, but Cub isn't known for his KO power
True but he will still be at a higher risk of a KO than he normally would be. Its natural to want to a quick turn around fight after a KO but I think its a bad idea.
Receiving a 2nd concussion quickly after a previous one can be very damaging too.

I don't know, But I'd feel better if Edgar didn't fight until fall, and preferably at 135lbs.

Frankie clearly just wants to make as much money as he can before he retires. I think the last few years really got to him and he's much less interested in the whole title picture shitshow now and just wants to collect some fight checks.

Nah. I think frankie just wants to get back in the win column. Frankie has seemed very conscious about brain trauma and he's said a bunch of times that once he can't compete with the top guys anymore, then he'll call it quits.

If he can't beat swanson again, then I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire. This is a fight in his home town, too.

I can’t believe they made this fight.
1. Fe already dominated Cub.
2. He’s coming off a legit KO and should be banned from even training for 6 months.
3. That payday is disgusting. Edgar should be making waaat more than that. Shameful.

Fuck this fight

Nah. I think frankie just wants to get back in the win column. Frankie has seemed very conscious about brain trauma and he's said a bunch of times that once he can't compete with the top guys anymore, then he'll call it quits.

If he can't beat swanson again, then I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire. This is a fight in his home town, too.
Well, he should already realize he his skills are diminishing. He just got KO'd for the first time in his career. As for the brain trauma, he's taken much more beatings than probably most guys in MMA ... he must not be very concerned if he's not even taking some time off after a KO.

It's just a bummer IMO. I always guessed a guy like Frankie would probably end up fighting for way to long, so I'm just hoping he doesn't tarnish his legacy ala Chuck Liddell when it's obvious hes only 70-80% of the fighter he was just a couple years ago.

Terrible matchmaking. Frankie has nothing to gain. Thought frankie was making more than 190 a fight too. Fuck wme. Hope he wins and then goes to bellator. Frankie vs pitbull would be a good one.

WTF are you talking about TS? What has Cub came up with that is new? Cub is the same Cub that fought Frankie and got wrecked...

I agree. Too quick of a turnaround for a guy that just got finished. Especially since this is a pointless rematch. Not saying Edgar is going to lose, just that he should take some more time off.

Back