Mark My Words... Frankie Edgar Will Get KO'D on April 21st

What? Does anyone want to see Cub and Edgar rematch? What about matching them up against opponents they haven't fought yet? I know, crazy thought, but what if...

Love BOTH Frankie & Cub, but literally all Edgar has to do here is implement his wrestling game like before, and he slaughters Cub, like the last time.

If he tries to prove a point by standing & trading, then yeah, that is a possibility. Swanson is no joke on his feet.

For sure.

I see maybe a dicey first round- that was the only round where Cub kept it close from my recollection- but then Frankie will surge ahead with his grappling.

Cub doesnt have a stoppage win for like 5 years, against Siver....

Love BOTH Frankie & Cub, but literally all Edgar has to do here is implement his wrestling game like before, and he slaughters Cub, like the last time.

If he tries to prove a point by standing & trading, then yeah, that is a possibility. Swanson is no joke on his feet.

This is a matchup we know favors Frankie by a mile.

Cub is a competent grappler where Frankie is a world class MMA adapted wrestler. He's going to take him down and chip away at him and Cub will have no answers.

I'm not crazy about this match making and its a rematch fans don't need and the division doesn't demand, kind of a head scratcher.

I see him getting clipped again, either in the first or second round.

lack-of-faith-disturbing.gif

Hopefully, i love seeing the anguish in former elite fighters faces after they're on a skid and keep getting koed.
Your going to cut your keyboard in half, you're so edgy!

Big fan of Cub and even bigger fan of Frankie. Certainly concerned about this fight, we all know Cub is dangerous when standing and while Frankie schooled him the first fight this victory doesn't do a whole lot except put him back in the win column. I know he still has title aspirations which is not a bad thing but the new contenders that are rising keep getting younger and Frankie is on the wrong side of 30.

Cub only looks good against people who stand with him & whilst I don't like the quick turnaround, after getting his first KO loss Frankie will be more cautious whilst applying a wrestling clinic.

Swanson is not good enough to beat Edgar.

Swanson could not finish Lobov.
I am actually surprised Cub took the fight. It would make him look bad either way. Yes, Lobov may became the p4p #1 sensation in a few years, who knows, anything is possible. He certainly is not UFC level right now

April??

Jesus.

Frankie told Schaub in an interview that he didn't have any concussions from the crazy Gray Maynard fights because he didn't puke afterwards. I'm guessing he didn't puke after the Ortega fight and thinks he's good to go..............

Frankie clearly just wants to make as much money as he can before he retires. I think the last few years really got to him and he's much less interested in the whole title picture shitshow now and just wants to collect some fight checks.

Cub doesnt have a stoppage win for like 5 years, against Siver....

It's not about the stoppage wins. Once these guys get knocked out there chin is never the same. Not saying Frankie got slept but I mean he was certainly out of it against ortega, that uppercut would have put anybody out.

Frankie is an elite grappler and smacked Cub in the first fight, but if Cub comes in with a better gameplay that's more defense oriented he may hit Frankie with a counter and that's what I think will happen.

Frankie should win this but I agree 100% that's way too soon of a turn around

What a horrible matchup. I guess Frankie wants to get back to the top, and sees that his time is running out. I'm sure if he beats Cub, they will give him a title shot. But I just don't care for this fight here.

Frankie should win this but I agree 100% that's way too soon of a turn around

Cub has shown when he gets that choke put on him he will tap. He has a strong chin but a weak jaw lol. Always says he doesn't want his jaw broken again so you see when guys lock on chokes with him he taps quick. If Frankie grapple fucks him I'm sure it will be a solid 3 round beating. But there first fight was a 5 rounder. Should be interesting to see what happens but I still believe Cub catches him.

Cub was beating Ortega on the feet, yeah Frankie dominated him before but he'd better stick to a grappling gameplan.

Back