Mark My Words... Frankie Edgar Will Get KO'D on April 21st

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by kevinramsdell, Mar 21, 2018.

1. kevinramsdell Blue Belt

kevinramsdell
    The UFC has some balls continuing to push guys who are recently knocked out into quick turn-arounds. Obviously Frankie is a true fighter and wants to get back in there... but at 36 years old there has to be some caution. He just got knocked out for the first time in his 14 year long career and he has seen some great fights where his chin has taken some heat. Obviously he smacked Cub last time the two fought.. but why take this fight to please the organization on such a quick turn?? I see him getting clipped again, either in the first or second round.

Love Frankie, but his manager should have respect for his age and his health. Take some time off, and come back at the end of the year.

BTW, just noticed this in his salary report. his fight against Mendes he made 180 show, 180 win. New contract he is making 190 show no win bonus? Interesting pay cut for a guy that rarely lost in his UFC career and since negotiating his new contract he has gone 2-2. Does that show a lack of interest? That's for y'all to decide.

SOURCE: http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Fr...r-UFC-Fight-Night-128-in-Atlantic-City-133719

[​IMG]

2. Arm Barbarian Steel Belt

Arm Barbarian
    Love BOTH Frankie & Cub, but literally all Edgar has to do here is implement his wrestling game like before, and he slaughters Cub, like the last time.

If he tries to prove a point by standing & trading, then yeah, that is a possibility. Swanson is no joke on his feet.

MysticGOD, fortheo, ZOD66 and 15 others like this.
  3. Mixfight Brown Belt

Mixfight
    Cab "driver" Swanson gets smashed again.

4. Max_P Yellow Belt

Max_P
    I think he needs to take some time off...

5. tonni Black Belt

tonni
    Fighters who have been knocked out need to take a year off to protect their brains. This means no hard sparring, too. In a decade or so the effects of brain damage on MMA fighters will be more clear, like it has become more clear for football players in recent years.

6. Dmurr90 White Belt

Dmurr90
    He might with how quick he is coming back. This rematch is another example of awful matchmaking they aren't allowing for natural turnover and the divisions aren't really running. This should be a last resort. New blood new names or we won't have any contenders.

7. Barge Brown Belt

Barge
    Bills to pay, mouths to feed. Most of these guys are willing to sacrifice everything for their family's future.
    It's unnerving but admirable.

8. Socialhandgrenade Silver Belt

Socialhandgrenade
    It's certainly a quick turn around. Bisping's 3 week turn around was a bad choice.

Also regarding the pay, i've had a feeling they've never been that keen on Frankie. Yes they were about to face him against Holloway but I think were hoping Frankie would lose.

9. Mga223 Gold Belt

Mga223
    Imagine how boring fights would be if the fighter knew he couldn't fight for a year if he got KOed?

10. Geo_Mac Blue Belt

Geo_Mac
    That's really harsh considering he's a former champion and considering that he's such a likeable guy it comes off as completely wrong.

I believe it comes down to the possibility that his manager is complete crap when it comes to negotiating fighter pay when compared to the people they have working for the UFC. The UFC is trying as hard as they can to make their money back after the buyout so I could totally see them trying to nickel and dime every fighter on their roster.

It's just too bad that it's happening to such a standout company man and all around nice guy such as Edgar.

11. Large Hound 77 Purple Belt

Large Hound 77
    Not a Frankie fan but respect the dude a lot. Sucks about the pay cut, he certainly doesn't deserve that, but as mentioned above, if he stands and trades it will be a much longer lay off

Anung Un Rama likes this.
  12. MadDogMahoney Brown Belt

MadDogMahoney
    Words marked. Anything else?

13. Hotora86 Karate isn't back. It never left.

Hotora86
    Needs a bump post event.

14. HI SCOTT NEWMAN Steel Belt Cat ✔

HI SCOTT NEWMAN
    Swanson is a bit pillow fisted these days to be honest, he has good standup, he is fast and accurate but I always found him to hit guys with like a 1000 punches and it ends up in a decision. I think Edgar is safe in this one.

15. MPD-Psycho Silver Belt

MPD-Psycho
    Useless rematch imo

Cub should continue testing prospects.

Frankie should rest or get a new fun fight.

16. kevinramsdell Blue Belt

kevinramsdell
    Not saying he won't grapple fuck Cub but being more prepared this time around do you think Cub will be more prepared to defend takedowns and counter Frankie. I just don't like when older guys with wear and tear hop back in like this. Usually doesn't turn out to good.

Anung Un Rama and Arm Barbarian like this.
  17. Arm Barbarian Steel Belt

Arm Barbarian
    Certainly possible, but if you watch their last fight (which was not terribly long ago), Frankie just took him down at will, and smashed him relentlessly on the ground.

kevinramsdell, gunlok and LilChuckLil like this.
  18. ShinyaAokiFan Blue Belt

ShinyaAokiFan
    No interest it seems in dropping a weight class.

fortheo and Bubzeh like this.
  19. Fraz The Larry

Fraz
    Hopefully, i love seeing the anguish in former elite fighters faces after they're on a skid and keep getting koed.

20. trident Water Belt

trident
    Hate everything about this fight

Does nothing for Frankie except risk his chin. Cub aint a slouch - he is a real threat to any fighter and just bc Frankie won the last one doesnt mean coming in off this Ortega ko he's goin to win this one.

Stupid all around.

theTKDguy, Anung Un Rama and fortheo like this.