Mark Hunt's Win Percentage

Yeah doesn't matter much cuz in MMA good fighters can have runs where they catapult themselves into the top 5 and have a high career peak, but since the competition is tough they also can lose many in a row to a bunch of top fighters. Tennis is similar.

With Hunt though it's a bit different since he didn't look like himself right after Pride, then worked his ass off again to get into the top 5.

There is no excuse for losing to guys you have 80lbs(Mousasi) or even 100+lbs(Manhoef) on and in such devastating fashion. TS and most sherdoggers hype Hunt up so that Fedor's win over him looks better.

What I will say though is that Hunt improved very drastically once he went to the UFC. He became very difficult to take down untill recently and did not get submitted since pride. So Fedor fought maybe 10% of the best version of Hunt that would later emerge(and still almost got submitted).

One of those fighters who’s win/loss ratio doesn’t tell the whole story.

I like Hunt but it kinda does tell the story. The only thing Hunt has going for him is he hits hard. He has no TDD, uses no kicks, uses no grappling, he just punches. That's the extent of his game, he punches. Its hard to imagine going much higher than 50% win percentage when your only tool is your fists.

Last edited:
mark hunt has got to be the toughest 5'11 manlet alive.

makes me wonder whats hiding behind some of these fat guys with a similar build here in albuquerque.

LOL at calling a Samoan a manlet.

I like Hunt but it kinda does tel the story. The only thing Hunt has going for him is he hits hard. He has no TDD, uses no kicks, uses no grappling, he just punches. That's the extent of his game, he punches. Its hard to imagine going much of 50% win percentage when your only tool is your fists.

You are describing the Mark Hunt who fought in Japan.

The 2013 Hunt was infinitely improved and would have knocked out prime Fedor within 1 round.

If all you fight is top 10s and you're a #5 fighter sure. Nate Diaz type same deal.

It's hard to call them gate keepers more like perennial contenders.

It's no accident both have massive holes in their game too that prevents a real run.

Last edited:
But Mark is always saying he is the best fighter in the world.

You are describing the Mark Hunt who fought in Japan.

The 2013 Hunt was infinitely improved and would have knocked out prime Fedor within 1 round.

I like Hunt buddy, how can you not like Mark Hunt. And yes he did work on his take down defense but in the case of Curtis Blaydes, Blaydes is way to big, way too young, and way too good at wresling. Hunt should have never took that fight but I understand why he did, because a win would put him in contention. There aren't that many options at HW. Cain doesn't fight. Overeem got KTFO in his last fight. Werdum has been on the decline, etc. So I get why Hunt took the fight, but he shouldn't have.

I like Hunt buddy, how can you not like Mark Hunt. And yes he did work on his take down defense but in the case of Curtis Blaydes, Blaydes is way to big, way too young, and way too good at wresling. Hunt should have never took that fight but I understand why he did, because a win would put him in contention. There aren't that many options at HW. Cain doesn't fight. Overeem got KTFO in his last fight. Werdum has been on the decline, etc. So I get why Hunt took the fight, but he shouldn't have.

How can I not like him? For trying to kill a 185lb pure boxer with zero MMA experience back in Pride. I think that's a pretty good reason don't you think. Not even counting his behavior the last 2 years or so.

Still, I know what to look for when I watch him as a fighter. He peaked in the UFC, not when he fought Fedor.

13-12 isn't exactly 50% but I will let it pass

If all you fight is top 10s and you're a #5 fighter sure. Nate Diaz type same deal.

It's hard to call them gate keepers more like perennial contenders.

It's no accident both have massive holes in their game too that prevents a real run.
nate diaz is a top 5 fighter? he's top 8, this without even fighting for more than a year

Sakuraba wound up at 26-17 Yeah it's not a .5 record but considering how good the guy was...

BJ Penn was just an idiot who couldn't figure out the fact that he was too small at welterweight. He should have stayed at lightweight and dominated.

Great fighters move out of their comfort zones and test their limits.

Penn moving out of his division is not worthy of criticism.

Who gives a shit about your legacy in a professional cage fighting organisation.

I've never felt short changed by watching a Mark Hunt fight and the guy gets well paid for his efforts.

Back