Mark Hunt vs Marcin Tybura reportedly headlines UFC Sydney

Well I'll admit I went to fight finder to see who this guy was who Hunt was fighting. Then I realized he beat AA in his last fight. Crazy how I didn't even know that. So I look up AA's record. That was his 5th straight loss in a row. Talk about hard times.

Lame.

Aussies will watch hunt but we don't want him headlining unless it's against a werdum or something.

If this is true, then I'm very surprised the UFC hasn't been booking more of their top Polish fighters for the upcoming Poland card. Jotko is already booked, and Joanna is rumored to be fighting in New York. That leaves Karolina as the only remaining ranked Polish fighter who could headline the card.

meh, Hopefully its a scrap and Mark can stay on his feet to land a KO. Tybura has KO power too but I think he's gonna just be content to get Mark to the ground and try to win that way.

I don't really like this fight. Big fan of Hunto, Tybura is a good prospect I suppose but he's fucking boring for the most part and has the potential to just spend 25mins clinching and shutting down Hunt on the fences and on the ground.

hiDIRQJ.gif

Tybura moved to JW's to prepare for this fight. Still underdog.

Mark Hunts career is coming to an end. He isn't going to be champ so give him some winnable fights as he walks into the sunset. If he loses we have new face in the mix.

Tybura vs someone like Derrick Lewis would've made a great main/co-main for the Gdansk show. More strange scheduling.

They could've put Hunt in with just about anyone in Sydney but it's odd that they'd tie up one of the few ranked Polish fighters when they've an arena to fill in Gdansk.

They could've put Hunt in with just about anyone in Sydney but it's odd that they'd tie up one of the few ranked Polish fighters when they've an arena to fill in Gdansk.

I don't know how they want to fill arena, all best polish UFC fighters (Joanna, Jotko, Tybura) won't be on this card. Only Karolina Kowalkiewicz left...

I don't know how they want to fill arena, all best polish UFC fighters (Joanna, Jotko, Tybura) won't be on this card. Only Karolina Kowalkiewicz left...

It's so strange. Looking at the ticket vendor's website they've shifted around half already but the lack of hype for this compared to the events in london/Glasgow (which sold out in a flash) is really odd.

Back