Mark Hunt is going to knock Razor Blaydes OUT.

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1517562543727.jpg

curtis-blaydes-ufc-217-1.jpg

Blaydes is ok I'm not disrespecting him but he is only 26 and only has 10 fights. His last 'win' over Oleinik was whatever it should be an NC and instant rematch. This is a massive step up for him and he has never been in the cage with a fighter with Hunt's depth of experience, technical striking and power. If you want to say Ngannou hits as hard as Hunt I don't think so but he does hit hard and look what happened to Blaydes there. I'm not generally impressed by stoppages due to cuts but the fact is in this case Blaydes was in a lot of trouble.

Fair enough Curtis is a decent wrestler and that's where Super Samoan's main weakness is but he has sharpened up his grappling a lot in the last couple of years and I just don't see Curtis being able to impose his gameplan on Mark. At all. Hunt KOed Nelson, Mir and Struve and just because Stipe can take him down and TKO him doesn't mean Blaydes can. Hunt is going to keep the fight standing and knock Blaydes the F*CK out, could be a walk off KO could not be but it will definitely be savage. Blaydes has no experience with a striker on this level and he's going to realise that very quickly. The take down is not going to be there for him.

Yeah I think this will be a vicious first round walk off ko for hunt. Easier fight that tyubara imo.

Idk man. Blaydes shots and throws are intense. I like Blaydes in this one.

I like Blaydes, but I hope so. I want Hunt to win. But don’t underestimate Blaydes. I really don’t know who will win this one.

Blaydes is young and explosive, a solid wrestler, and he should be smart enough to not try to stand with Hunt.

Still rooting for Hunt

1517562543727.jpg

curtis-blaydes-ufc-217-1.jpg

Blaydes is ok I'm not disrespecting him but he is only 26 and only has 10 fights. His last 'win' over Oleinik was whatever it should be an NC and instant rematch. This is a massive step up for him and he has never been in the cage with a fighter with Hunt's depth of experience, technical striking and power. If you want to say Ngannou hits as hard as Hunt I don't think so but he does hit hard and look what happened to Blaydes there. I'm not generally impressed by stoppages due to cuts but the fact is in this case Blaydes was in a lot of trouble.

Fair enough Curtis is a decent wrestler and that's where Super Samoan's main weakness is but he has sharpened up his grappling a lot in the last couple of years and I just don't see Curtis being able to impose his gameplan on Mark. At all. Hunt KOed Nelson, Mir and Struve and just because Stipe can take him down and TKO him doesn't mean Blaydes can. Hunt is going to keep the fight standing and knock Blaydes the F*CK out, could be a walk off KO could not be but it will definitely be savage. Blaydes has no experience with a striker on this level and he's going to realise that very quickly. The take down is not going to be there for him.

Yeah I think this will be a vicious first round walk off ko for hunt. Easier fight that tyubara imo.
BetterTiredBoa-max-1mb.gif

If something crazy doesn't happen...Hunt should finish Blaydes

Blaydes ate some clean shots from N'Gannou and didn't lose his wits - dude seems to have a solid mandible to take a Honda Civic to the face.

Doesn't mean that he's immune to getting knocked out though, as I can easily picture him closing the distance recklessly against Hunt and getting caught on the way in. Blaydes also has previously had a tendency of throwing naked leg kicks with his head straight up in the air... That's a recipe for getting your head taken off by a Hunt hook or a lead uppercut.

Last edited:
Hunt beats this guy. IF he loses, he really should just retire.

Yaaaaaaaaaaas, please let this happen. Then Hunt vs Stipe 2!

potential to be very boring if hunt doesnt get the ko. this whole card is shit.

not saying hunt cant knock him out, but francis ngannou didnt ko curtis so what gives hunt that much bettrr of chance? hunt does poorly against grapplers and blaydes is a d1 wrestler & a NJCAA champion. look for him to quickly close distance and take hunt to the mat for 3 rounds.

Blaydes is going to lay and pray his way to a payday

Blaydes is going to maul him. Hunt is almost 44 and Blaydes is a future contender for sure. That boxing + wrestling.

God I hope so.

Blaydes is so overated win or lose. He’s a flabby heavyweight that will never be anything more than a boring wrestler.

Back