Mark Hamill Dumps on New Star Wars Movies

Because it has a woman lead or too many brown people with too many lines?

well, as a brown guy myself, i don't like when my childhood favorite movies become leftist propaganda films.

the fact it's a woman is not a problem, except it was deliberate.

What career has Hammil had to ruin outside of Star Wars and voicing the Joker?

well, as a brown guy myself, i don't like when my childhood favorite movies become leftist propaganda films.

the fact it's a woman is not a problem, except it was deliberate.

How is it leftist propaganda? If you could point to a few things that you considered to be that, it'd be appreciated. I'm not saying that it 100% isn't, I just don't see it myself.

Also, are they supposed to accidentally have a female lead? I don't get how it being deliberate makes a difference. Every male cast in a lead ever, was deliberate.

What career has Hammil had to ruin outside of Star Wars and voicing the Joker?

Exactly, which is why he gives no fucks. They can't ruin him by saying that he's hard to work with because DC fans love him as Joker and there's only one Luke Skywalker.

Also, he was in The Flash series on CW.......

<13>

He's just mad that he made out with his fahkin sister dude HNNNNGGGG

Mad? Thought he'd be stoked. Dominant right there.

Luke was a bitch in a new hope.

Rogue One > TFA so suck my dick Skywalker.

Jedi Mind tricks yo!
zgZ6p.gif

Lol.. That clip sums up the movie.

Rogue one>TFA

I don't care if a movie has a female lead. I care when it is obviously a "hey look how progressive we are!" veneer

Rogue one was the only one of those two movies that had a white male character who wasn't evil or part of the original series. It was mads who is basically just the main girls dad

I'm in the opposite camp. TFA > Rogue One for me. I thought Rey was a good character which they did a great job setting up (her desert scavenging scenes are the best in the movie imo), but most of the other characters were a little lack luster. I like Finn and the robot too, but the three of them together have a weird chemistry that I'm not 100% behind yet. It feels a little forced, but I have hopes it will get better as the story progresses. I didn't like Poe at all and thought he was a little bitch. Same as the male lead in Rogue One. I hated every character except the robot in Rogue One, plus they are getting too many big names. Forest Whitaker made me want to kill myself in Rogue One, that shit was terrible. He reminds me of Sam Jackson as Mace Windu. Just much to high a profile actor for that role imo, and for fucks sake, he is the same person in every role. Unfortunately it seems Disney is intent on just remaking the original trilogy with new characters though, so we'll see what happens with the future of this series.

I've never understood the big deal about Star Wars. They're not bad movies, but there are a lot of better sci fi flicks out there that don't get nearly the amount of praise.

Agreed.

I mean, I respect the franchise, admire the world-building, and understand what a massive technical achievement the original trilogy was, but I've never quite understood why it is as beloved as it is.

Back