Mark Bocek slams WMMA: If a girl has some cool bikini shots she can get into the UFC

I agree with Bocek here, I don't like that direction either and it is one reason I'm not as interested in mma anymore

A new promoter could revive and clean things up, I think Dana's crap has become stale.

Also, too many events.

Elaborate. I haven't read anything of the sort. I can't blame him for being upset, as he has dedicated a lot of time to this sport and now females (which no one gives a shit about because they all suck outside 2 or 3) can get in with gimmicks for a quick cash grab.
The "no one gives a shit" comment applies to Mark Bocek more than it does WMMA. I know you think no one cares about WMMA because you don't, but even less people care about watching a Bocek fight.

Outside of name calling & fighter bashing; nobody has written any logical argument stating 'why he is wrong'...

A new promoter could revive and clean things up, I think Dana's crap has become stale.

Also, too many events.

Yea, it's not the only reason, just one of them. I'm just not interested in a sideshow with people that are at UFC 10 skill level. I don't need to see it. Nobody is making me watch it obviously, but it takes space on the cards and like Bocek said it takes up big billings on the cards

I like how he is catching all sorts of hate, but no one is saying he is wrong.

Well his wrong, just look at the past few fights they are on the fightpass prelim not even on the undercard and if that girl is fighting ronda ofcourse she would be co main eventing how can they put ronda on prelim?

lol I totally agree with Bocek and I'm glad someone is speaking up.

Outside of name calling & fighter bashing; nobody has written any logical argument stating 'why he is wrong'...

Everybody is just upset that Mark Bocek was able to speak up from the bowels of obscurity and say something loud enough for his three fans on the planet to hear.

We all thought Mark went to Bellator 4 years ago. We weren't aware that he retired as a UFC fighter last week.

I haven't seen a Mark Bocek fight since I deleted my facebook account.

The anomaly here is shayna because she sucks at fighting, and isn't very pleasant to look at. That's about as nice as I can put it too.

Waaaah waaah if you're out than stay out Bocek. No one gives a fuck. All I've heard from him from the past 2 days is complaining and wishing circumstances were better for him.

Bocek is burning those bridges, letting it all hang out now that he's retired.

Everybody is just upset that Mark Bocek was able to speak up from the bowels of obscurity and say something loud enough for his three fans on the planet to hear.

We all thought Mark went to Bellator 4 years ago. We weren't aware that he retired as a UFC fighter last week.

I haven't seen a Mark Bocek fight since I deleted my facebook account.

I get that. I don't understand how the calibre of a fighter changes the validity of a statement though.

Well I guess you can't get suspended if you're already retired lol.

Literally who?

What the fuck is a Mark Bocek? Does his own mom even cares what some irrelevant, bottom mid tier journeyman of a nobody says out of spite that Ronda is more successful in the sport and acclaimed than this subpar, forgettable soul will ever be in several lifetimes?

He should worry about paying his utility bills on time.

Guy is so forgettable I thought he left the UFC years ago after Bendo ROFLstomped him.

Whoopdeefuckingdoo. He shown dem skills by tapping out cans during his UFC run and getting smashed by everyone decent he faced.

Canada's first black belt got fucking choked out by Mac Danzig of all people...enough said.

Bocek is pretty damn subpar tbh. Thats why hes gone nowhere aside from having the first black belt sticker in Canada to stick on his fridge.

I have to say I was surprised he beat Lentz, so theres that...

They took pity on you.

The only replies you would get in that thread would be your own self bumps.

He's so irrelevant he is wasteland material.

lol Damn chill it's not that serious

It's because you n00bs talk about Shayna Bazler more than you do Tony Ferguson.

Soo much truth in this post, Stop obsessing over Baszler and her teammates that have a combined 8 fights between the two of them just because they're associated with Ronda. There are much better fighters you guys could be focusing on.

I get that. I don't understand how the calibre of a fighter changes the validity of a statement though.

Bcause Bocek's sub-par caliber is the direct reason for his retirement, not the success of the BW division.

He is pretty spot on but he does come off as bitter.

What has he said that has been stupid or inaccurate?

He said that if you're not using PEDs you deserve to lose. And he called out Dana and Lorenzo for not being pro-drug testing, which I don't think is even true.

Back