Mark Bocek slams WMMA: If a girl has some cool bikini shots she can get into the UFC

It's interesting, because on one hand he has a valid point and you can understand the guy's frustration....on the other, everybody is in charge of their own destiny and lilfe/career. If you want to turn things around, you can. Just look at Chael and Conor. Who would have EVER thought that Chael would be marketable, prior to his last UFC run.

First Canadian BJJ blackbelt. No big deal i guess.

With that being said, he is bitter, but he is also right. These WMMA fights are god awful. They're taking up space on cards; space that could be filled with a REAL fight, not some subpar athletes who have the fighting skills of a 14 year old.

Whoopdeefuckingdoo. He shown dem skills by tapping out cans during his UFC run and getting smashed by everyone decent he faced.

Canada's first black belt got fucking choked out by Mac Danzig of all people...enough said.

Bocek is pretty damn subpar tbh. Thats why hes gone nowhere aside from having the first black belt sticker in Canada to stick on his fridge.

I have to say I was surprised he beat Lentz, so theres that...

Mark Bocek is a subpar athlete.

Whose also a batter athlete than every WMMA fighter - yes, every single WMMA fighter out there. This brings to mind the adage "Truth is truth independent of whoever says it".

It must burn your ass when a stacked card featuring Robbie Lawler and Johny Hendricks can't sell the same amount of PPVs as Ronda Rousey and fluff.

It doesn't really. We know who the REAL talents are, but unfortunately, sex sells even in MMA. A PPV UFC event featuring Shakira vs. Rihanna would outsell any UFC event ever tenfold.

Whoopdeefuckingdoo. He shown dem skills by tapping out cans during his UFC run and getting smashed by everyone decent he faced.

Canada's first black belt got fucking choked out by Mac Danzig of all people...enough said.

Bocek is pretty damn subpar tbh. Thats why hes gone nowhere aside from having the first black belt sticker in Canada to stick on his fridge.

You sound like a giant tool.

Whose also a batter athlete than every WMMA fighter - yes, every single WMMA fighter out there. This brings to mind the adage "Truth is truth independent of whoever says it".

/ golf clap. a man being more physically gifted than a woman? no fuckin way.

I agree with him.

The reason why he's saying all this stuff now is because before he retired this shit would have got him fired.

This just in: Rousey forced Bocek into retirement.

It's interesting, because on one hand he has a valid point and you can understand the guy's frustration....on the other, everybody is in charge of their own destiny and lilfe/career. If you want to turn things around, you can. Just look at Chael and Conor. Who would have EVER thought that Chael would be marketable, prior to his last UFC run.

Except it's not exactly valid unless you live in a fantasy world where all things are equal, like Bocek seems to be. WMMA is/was a hit for the UFC. That's why guys like Boeck are on the prelims (and nobody cares) while people like Tate and Rousey are co-main/main event (and people care). All sports boil down to dollars and cents, simple business. It's why the Dallas Cowboys get primetime games. Bocek can be frustrated that he and this starving artists of talents are on the prelims while girls get prime opportunities on main cards----but maybe those guys should work to stand out a little more instead of crying and jerkin about it on the internet.

It doesn't really. We know who the REAL talents are, but unfortunately, sex sells even in MMA. A PPV UFC event featuring Shakira vs. Rihanna would outsell any UFC event ever tenfold.

I think it would only do 7-8 million buys. so fivefold maybe.

I agree that girlfights are being pushed hard, and that girlfights is garbage product.

The people who draw money, obviously.

It amazes me how offended people are about WMMA without realizing its importance to the sport overall.

I call bullshit on Bocek's claims.

Anybody want to upload bikini shots so we can verify the truthfulness of his claims?

He sounds like the world owes him something. You had your chance at getting a title Mark, you got beat before even becoming a top contender, move on. find your nitch elsewhere.

Why the Bocek hate?

Has anything he said been wrong? Can a guy not voice his opinion when asked to do so in an interview?

People act like he was a bad fighter. Look at the guys he lost too in the UFC: RDA, Jim Miller, Bendo, Frankie and Mac Danzig. With the exception of Danzig that's a murderers row of fighters.

The people who draw money, obviously.

It amazes me how offended people are about WMMA without realizing its importance to the sport overall.

I don't think we have solid proof that WMMA sells.

Whoa!

Chill dude.

You're not Chael Sonnen.

People not caring about Mark Bocek is not a WMMA problem, it's a Mark Bocek problem.

Back