Mark Bocek slams WMMA: If a girl has some cool bikini shots she can get into the UFC

markg171

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
"The direction of MMA is they're pushing the female-MMA - Ronda (Rousey) technically the pound-for-pound best fighter," Bocek told The MMA Hour. "We'll put experienced, accomplished male MMA fighters on undercards but we'll put females who started training last year in the co-main event. That direction was part of the persuasion that forced me to get out."

Bocek would follow up with another sour remark regarding the likes of Felice Herrig, who chose to promote themselves through sexual appeal as well as fighting ability.

"It is difficult for an elite female MMA fighter to get in (the UFC), but if she has some decent skills and some cool bikini shots then she can get in."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/12/5996459/ufc-mark-bocek-wmma-decent-skills-cool-bikini-mma-news

Waaaah waaah if you're out than stay out Bocek. No one gives a fuck. All I've heard from him from the past 2 days is complaining and wishing circumstances were better for him.

I agree with him about the card placement but he sounds bitter as hell and is blaming everyone under the sun for his mediocre UFC career.

You are retired, Mark. Go do something else.

Literally who?

What the fuck is a Mark Bocek? Does his own mom even cares what some irrelevant, bottom mid tier journeyman of a nobody says out of spite that Ronda is more successful in the sport and acclaimed than this subpar, forgettable soul will ever be in several lifetimes?

He should worry about paying his utility bills on time.

Guy is so forgettable I thought he left the UFC years ago after Bendo ROFLstomped him.

Hell he should fight Ronda since a whole lot of people on here seem to want a fight like that and it's not like Mark is going to do any serious damage. Either he wins be boring decision or sub or Ronda pulls it off somehow :p

Man he sounds like how he looks. A pale, shapeless, ginger.

I like how he is catching all sorts of hate, but no one is saying he is wrong.

Literally who?

What the fuck is a Mark Bocek? Does his own mom even cares what some irrelevant, bottom mid tier journeyman of a nobody says out of spite that Ronda is more successful in the sport and acclaimed than this subpar, forgettable soul will ever be in several lifetimes?

He should worry about paying his utility bills on time.

Guy is so forgettable I thought he left the UFC years ago after Bendo ROFLstomped him.

First Canadian BJJ blackbelt. No big deal i guess.

With that being said, he is bitter, but he is also right. These WMMA fights are god awful. They're taking up space on cards; space that could be filled with a REAL fight, not some subpar athletes who have the fighting skills of a 14 year old.

As Jim Crockett once told Paul Heyman, "the world doesn't need another locker room lawyer".

If Bocek is so offended by the direction of MMA, he can open up a promotion and do something about it.

I was hoping for some cool bikini shots... :(

He's right though.
"That direction was part of the persuasion that forced me to get out."

I think scraping by a 145er who just got destroyed by a UFC debutante had more to do with it.

Oh wait...that guy was on steroids. Must have forgotten to take them when Ortega tapped him easily.

With that being said, he is bitter, but he is also right. These WMMA fights are god awful. They're taking up space on cards; space that could be filled with a REAL fight, not some subpar athletes who have the fighting skills of a 14 year old.

It must burn your ass when a stacked card featuring Robbie Lawler and Johny Hendricks can't sell the same amount of PPVs as Ronda Rousey and fluff.

Mark Bocek is a subpar athlete.

Then why are they all fugly?

Except Meisha. I ❤ Meisha. *sigh*

Back