Marines Zulu Cobra attack Helicopter

Bat Dad

Dark Knight Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Figured this fit the war room since its in use in syria right now

I cannot lie i got a boner watching this

I think we could go a little more badass tbh. Maybe I AM A MOTHERFUCKER painted on the sides.

I fucking love helicopters. In the Army right now and I can't wait to reclass to an aviation MOS so I can work with them.

say hello to my little friend
maxresdefault.jpg

Have these helos ever been flown in combat? i remember in the 2000s wars Apaches fared quite poorly.

Have these helos ever been flown in combat? i remember in the 2000s wars Apaches fared quite poorly.
The are active right now in the middle east and the aee much better than the ah64

Are these Apache replacements?

If not what roles do each have?

Are these Apache replacements?

If not what roles do each have?

No. The Cobra is used by the US Marines, particularly off their amphibious ships. The base design is actually older than the Apache. It is the product of a different design philosophy, being smalller and more nimble than the AH64, but also less resilient to damage with a (traditionally) lighter payload.

The Apache is used by the US Army, and is much more designed around the gunship/tank killer concept without much thought given to operating from ships. The Longbow radar in particular makes the Apache a very different beast, with the ability to fire Hellfire missiles at enemy armoured formations from behind terrain features. The latest Apache version - AH64E - is now also slated to be used as an armed recon asset via networking with UAVs - in essence taking over from the Kiowas of old.

Last edited:
Back