Marines to send Wookies to infantry training on west coast. Update: Most fail initial physical | Page 8

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Rozko, Aug 8, 2017.

1. ShinkanPo Gold Belt

ShinkanPo
    Yehey wookies!! So why not train in Kashyk?

Ayin likes this.
  2. Rozko Brown Belt

Rozko
    https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/ne...out-of-4-women-fail-to-meet-combat-standards/

This is my shocked face
    <36>

3. The Higher Power "IT'S ME, AUSTIN!!!"

The Higher Power
    No surprise. Only 100 or so females out of roughly 400 made it through SOI and their top 10% were in line with the bottom 10% of males.
    Again, SOI is a clownshow where the longest hump is only 12.5 miles. I didn't even know it was possible to fail.

Rozko likes this.
  4. sniper Sergei Provider

sniper
    Is it safe to send women who are not physically capable of competing with men into combat zones to fight guys who have no qualms cutting off another man's head and viciously raping women? I mean, these guys are trained killers and rapists. And we want to combat them with.. women? Nothing against the ladies, but I dnt think that's even fair to them.

chubbman, HomerThompson and Rozko like this.
  5. Cuzcatlan ¡Puchica Vos!

Cuzcatlan
    They going to die when they get to their unite. I was a POG for 3/2 and we did Battalion humps of 20 miles regularly. That's not including the company humps for the actual line companies that are usually longer and at a faster pace. Good luck ladies.

Malvo and Rozko like this.
  6. The Higher Power "IT'S ME, AUSTIN!!!"

The Higher Power
    Same here, we did 20 milers (3/6). I was fortunate to be on the east coast though and not in one of the line companies. Humping the .50 receiver wasn't too bad because we'd switch off and take turns carrying the tripod, barrel, or sandbagged ammo can instead. I know the line company bubbas would go at least 25 sometimes because I was with Lima in a weapons platoon when I first got there but not for long.

We also had some base regulation or something when I was there 03-07 because you could hump with vest + plates + kevlar + day pack OR boonie cover + molle vest + full ilbe pack. No vest + plates + kevlar + full pack.

7. superpunch Black Belt

superpunch
    That's another reason that women shouldn't be allowed to serve.

You're telling me that 25% of servicewomen get sexually assaulted by volunteers during peacetime.

What's going to happen to those women in the middle of a war-zone like Vietnam with draftees that don't want to be there, have all kinds of psychological issues/ PTSD, have high drug abuse rates, are disillusioned with humanity, think they might die tomorrow, and have nothing left to live for?

And what's the presence of women going to do in that unit to those men who haven't seen other women for months?

8. superpunch Black Belt

superpunch
    Fill up all the intel, supply, etc. roles with women though and all men are doomed to be relegated to combat. As a perspective draftee, I don't like that.

The whole thing is retarded anyway. What woman in her right mind about to be sent to a combat role in a war zone wouldn't get pregnant? That's gonna be a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge attrition rate. Break units apart.

So unless the military is ready to start putting in women in jail for getting pregnant and consider that an automatic AWOL/ deserter, or force them to have mandatory abortions.. this whole thing is stupid. Women's rights groups would never allow it

9. alanb Purple Belt

alanb
    I personally don't think women should be in the military at all. I was talking in practical terms.

10. The Higher Power "IT'S ME, AUSTIN!!!"

The Higher Power
    Most people just want them held to the same standards (which they aren't).

11. superpunch Black Belt

superpunch
    Training 400 women wastes 300 spots for men that would 99% pass. And of those 100 that do pass, the top 10 would be comparable to the 10 worst men. Waste of resources.

All that aside, holy shit at women in mixed units in the middle of a war zone.

Men are going to fight each other trying to get laid and destroy the units cohesion. The men that can't get laid and think they might die tomorrow are going to get laid via rape. The women that don't want to be there are just going to claim rape to get home. The smarter women are just going to get pregnant before deployment.

All that trouble for soldiers with a 25% pass rate, and those that do pass have a top 10% that's the men's worst 10%? Why?

Malvo and Rozko like this.
  12. superpunch Black Belt

superpunch
  13. Rozko Brown Belt

Rozko
    Political panderingand feminist circle jerks

Stoic1 likes this.
  14. superpunch Black Belt

superpunch
    Is there data on re-signing rates for those units? If I were ready to sacrifice my life and the military treated that sacrifice with so little respect as to risk my life for a diversity hire, no way in hell am I joining up again after my 4 years.

Rozko likes this.
  15. Stoic1 Patriot

Stoic1
    Statistics don't matter. Only feelings.

SMEAC and Rozko like this.
  16. Sir GymTanLaundry Purple Belt

Sir GymTanLaundry
    Hatchet Wounds.

17. OAKS Orange Belt

OAKS
    I forgot that one. I was infantry (0331) so didn't interact much with WMs.

jgarner likes this.
  18. Lastofthemohican Orange Belt

Lastofthemohican
    you're looking at all of this the wrong way. How many guys on here are going through a divorce or regret marriage? Convince your hated spouse to join up- and have female only combat units sent out to Syria...cheapest divorce ever. BOOM.

19. Elaho White Belt

Elaho
    Same here, WM's and WAM's (wide ass marines). Those are the only two I remember. (88-93').

M3t4tr0n likes this.
  20. Phr3121 Blue Belt

Phr3121
    ...no, the women get to ride the bus during the 20 mile humps. :)

Cuzcatlan likes this.