Marines to send Wookies to infantry training on west coast. Update: Most fail initial physical

i've literally never seen a female servicemember perform any task, outside of supply or S-1/HR......not one. I"ve seen a few in the motor pool 'holding a broom', but they were flirting while the dudes were doing all the actual work. Same w/ deployment packouts, gauging fuel tankers, any physical detail whatsoever,

which is hilarious b/c i see alot them in my class w/ NAMs....oh word? for what, exactly?

I've mentioned it on here plenty, I was Security Forces in the AF. A lot of females in secrutiy forces, a lot of females getting away with murder. My first duty station, my duty flight had two people who didn't have security clearances for one reason or another. In Security Forces, without a security clearance you're worthless except as a gate guard, working at the gates to get onto base. Well, one of these airman was a dumb dude with a bit of an attitude problem. The other was a flirty female with fairly big tits. She was also a bit heavy, but when you're in Korea, it's one step above deployment, so a lot of Boise dimes.

On Osan, we had four gates going on base. Two of them shitty, two of them easy. Guess where the dumb kid went? 9/10 work days he was at the commercial vehicle search pit. Where'd the busty flirt work? either a pass writer, or at the main gate, on the pedestrian side where the building was air conditioned.

A giant among men.

Truly.

It's going to be a pain to keep the male Marines focusing on their duties when this is beside them.

Wow, the U.S. Marines actually do have good looking women in uniform. That must be the lucky 1%. Love the Marine Corps mascot. What is he a Lance Corporal? I've seen them go all the way up to Sergeant. Anyway, I'm retired from the U.S. Army. 7 years Infantry (11B) and 13 years Civil Affairs (38A). Boy, it was like being in two different Armies. Civil Affair units have females. The relationship between officers and enlisted and rank are completely different. The point you raise above is a good one. I've discussed this topic (women in combat) on another thread and it may soon be turning into a debate topic on Sherdog.

What is the priority in the life of a typical 18 to 21 year old? Beer and pussy. Put young women in the mix and it fucks up their concentration in training and combat. The issues I saw on deployment with women in the field having to use the bathroom or being menstruated was enough to leave them in the rear. They would hold it in (urinating) to the point where they began to have health problems. Guys start to get protective of their female buddies and all hell breaks loose. Plus I don't think the American public is ready to see women coming back from combat raped by the enemy or missing limbs. Maybe raped by their own troops. This from the Infantry perspective.

From the Civil Affairs perspective they made wonderful soldiers. Most were usually brighter then their male counterpart. They made good leaders both as NCOs and Officers. Carried their weight and put out 100% on missions. Due to the nature of the branch and the mixing of rank and gender, things were kept pretty much under control between the sexes. Women make great soldiers, just not in combat front line Infantry units. The majority is not really interested in being in an Infantry unit anyway.

...and how many on U.S. Navy ships getting banged by multiple guys so they could get pregnant and get out of a deployment.

Are the recruits predominantly raised going to all-boys schools, thereby causing them not to understand how to respectfully interact with females? I'm confused.

More how to interact within a military setting.

Its a macho culture.

I mean, it's not like it's driving a fork lift or a being a doctor, or some other traditional male job where there's no reason to believe a woman would be less qualified because she's a woman. But I don't see any reason to lax the fitness standard of any branch of military. In this case, it's legitimate job requirements that will likely keep a lot of women out, not the fact that they're women. If they can pass the physical standards then whatever. As long as the effectiveness of the military isn't jeopardized, then fine.

The Marines probably wouldn't take me because I have a bum eye. I wouldn't expect them to take me in either because it's not fair that I have a bum eye. I'd just be SOL unless a major military conflict broke out. And even then they'd probably just stick me in the Army with a spoon.

I think your comments on effectiveness are more valid than your ones on physical capability.

Some soldiers will have different strengths and entry should be judged your potential effectiveness by summing a range of attributes. Of course minimums required. But being an excellent medic should compensate for a lower score on say endurance.

More how to interact within a military setting.

Its a macho culture.

Seems like it should fall under the headings of honor and discipline. But maybe that rhetoric is just propaganda.

I have no problem with this if they are able to maintain the same physical fitness standards as their male counterparts.
they aren't

male and female marines have seperate physical fitness standards

I agree but most would be surprised on how many women dont need standards to be lowered

History has shown women can easily tough it out on the battlefield like allot of men can.

What kind of healthy society pacifies half of their population and survives?

None.
united states military academy (west point) did that in the 70s when they first started to accept female cadets. female and male cadets had the exact fitness standards , and as result very few female cadets made the cut. lawsuit ensued from women and WP had to adjust their fitness standards to accomodate females like what they have today

It's military leadership who made the decision to lower standards for women. Bullying and shaming women, who don't make the rules, for wanting to be part of the military is a shitty thing to do. So is using terms like wook and creating web pages like just the tip of the spear to shame females in the military. 25% of servicewomen get sexually assaulted by fellow soldiers... by guys exactly like you, by the judging.

You seriously think military leaders made the decision to lower standard for females or allowed them to join combat arm?

Secretary of Defense made that decision and SoD is a civilian in charge of the military.

If it was up to military generals make that decision, then women would never be in the military because those generals are old school, conservative, and most of them are vietnam vets

As a former West Coast Leatherneck

darth-vader-no.jpg
!

The crazy shit we would say in our cadence because no women where around. Plus we would lose our best jab at P.I. Marines, "oh that's right, you went to female boot camp." Let men have something just to themselves for God's sake!

darth-vader-no.jpg
!

The crazy shit we would say in our cadence because no women where around. Plus we would lose our best jab at P.I. Marines, "oh that's right, you went to female boot camp." Let men have something just to themselves for God's sake!

this actually reminds me

@usmctanker242

You probably know Sgt Duvall or SSgt Estep

They both used to do a cadence that went on about the Charlot the harlot the the tank crewman's whore.
I never have been able to find a copy of that anymore. Neither the lyrics or a video. You would not know it would you?

Last edited:

darth-vader-no.jpg
!

i was an army infantry guy. i always get jabs from my marines buddies making fun of army because we have integrated basic training.

you marines can't say shit now

It was around 1981 that Oz allowed women to do the full Army combat year officer training - exactly the same as the males - if you survived you came out a Lieutenant - around 2/3rds passed and the rest had a lot of injuries. Not sure what the male pass/fail rate was.

I think your comments on effectiveness are more valid than your ones on physical capability.

Some soldiers will have different strengths and entry should be judged your potential effectiveness by summing a range of attributes. Of course minimums required. But being an excellent medic should compensate for a lower score on say endurance.

Good point.

i was an army infantry guy. i always get jabs from my marines buddies making fun of army because we have integrated basic training.

you marines can't say shit now
Except they aren't integrating boot camp.

Fucking A buddeh.... 9 years of tanking destroyed my knees and back. I'm 35 years old and my bones creek like a 60 year old person. My last deployment my platoon commander thought it would be a good idea for each tank crew to change their track pads in a day. So we had 14 Marines out there doing track pads for ~18 hours... half the platoon went down with back injuries (pulls, spasms, etc). No way in hell would a female been able to do anything in that situation outside of be a driver. So having a female automatically forces the other crewman to have to exert themselves to a significantly greater degree.

Anyways, sending females to Pendelton? LMAO.... that will be hilarious when they start dropping out like flies and now we have women with bruised egos because now they've failed because they were forced into something that 99% of them won't be capable of completing. But, you know, diversity and equal opportunity are what make a cohesive fighting force, right?

What type of Tank do you opperaret? Are you the Tank captain? Or I think they call that the commander?

You seriously think military leaders made the decision to lower standard for females or allowed them to join combat arm?

Secretary of Defense made that decision and SoD is a civilian in charge of the military.

If it was up to military generals make that decision, then women would never be in the military because those generals are old school, conservative, and most of them are vietnam vets

If it was an either/or situation i don't doubt you but say its a choice between 100 males or 100 males and 20 females id think they'd go with the 120.

Back