Marines to send Wookies to infantry training on west coast. Update: Most fail initial physical

It's going to be a pain to keep the male marines focusing on their duties when this is beside them.

lead-user-marine-girl-500-0.jpg

c188c981c87372542911e6c687b8dbb2--female-soldier-female-marines.jpg

c3826949d9f1bc435e199a2e887be9af--the-marine-marine-corps.jpg

52a5885ba8725a6d3c6da40407c70235.jpg

This is typical wanting the best of both worlds. Get the men to gawk, then later cry sexism in the military and sue once the PTSD and depression from dried up ovaries sets in.

I never heard them called wookies when I was in. WMs, split-tails, BAMs (broad ass marines), and WAMs (wide ass marines) were the terms I heard used.

"Wookies" is somewhat insulting. Perhaps a fairer title would be, Combat Sandwich Makers :)

The problem is that the majority if not all women won't be able to handle the physical rigors of becoming a soldier and all of them will 100% not be able to handle it for the long haul. Hell many men can't even hack it, so why even bother with letting women do it when they clearly won't be able to handle it and it won't do anything but break their bodies down prematurely.

I get that people want to give women equal opportunity and all, but why can't we just accept that men are physically stronger and tougher than women and that men are much more suited for most jobs than women are? Namely give women jobs in the military that they can handle rather than encouraging them to take jobs that they clearly aren't physically and often mentally and emotionally aren't capable of.

As an example recently History channel in Canada did a reality show called The Selection which put 30 civilian men and women through special forces style training and guess what? Most of the women quit before even two thirds of the course was done and one woman made it to the final few before quitting as well and in total only four men out of the 30 men and women made it through the entire course.

The point is even the toughest women will only be able to hang on for so long before they physically and/or mentally and emotionally break down. So instead of crying sexism, how about just telling women that we're trying to protect them from trying to take on a job that almost all of them won't be capable of?

This is the point so many people seem to miss. Infantry training is one of the most demanding and punishing things you can put your body through. That's why there's such a high failure rate among elite units. The vast majority of people - male or female - simply won't be able to hack it. It's not about being mentally tough. It's physical limitations. In the same way a fat bastard like me is never going to run a Marathon in a world class time, no matter bad I want to or how hard I push myself.

There will always be outliers, women who can stand and bang with the men. But by definition, they will be a tiny percentage. So it's simply not worth the time and effort of putting the large numbers of women who will fail through the training in order to find a few mutants.

Age limits exist for the same reason. There are probably 50 year olds who can run, march and fight as well as soldiers half their age. But the Military is not about to allow men in their sixth decade to attempt to join the Rangers, SEALs or Marine Force Recon.

The problem is that the majority if not all women won't be able to handle the physical rigors of becoming a soldier and all of them will 100% not be able to handle it for the long haul. Hell many men can't even hack it, so why even bother with letting women do it when they clearly won't be able to handle it and it won't do anything but break their bodies down prematurely.

I get that people want to give women equal opportunity and all, but why can't we just accept that men are physically stronger and tougher than women and that men are much more suited for most jobs than women are? Namely give women jobs in the military that they can handle rather than encouraging them to take jobs that they clearly aren't physically and often mentally and emotionally aren't capable of.

As an example recently History channel in Canada did a reality show called The Selection which put 30 civilian men and women through special forces style training and guess what? Most of the women quit before even two thirds of the course was done and one woman made it to the final few before quitting as well and in total only four men out of the 30 men and women made it through the entire course.

The point is even the toughest women will only be able to hang on for so long before they physically and/or mentally and emotionally break down. So instead of crying sexism, how about just telling women that we're trying to protect them from trying to take on a job that almost all of them won't be capable of?

Women don't want to be told that they're being protected. Like I said, give it a shot. The ones (which I assume will be the vast majority) who wash out can go back go doing shit they're more capable of.

They should keep doing seasons of this show until it sinks in.

Make this guy the head of the program

full-metal-jacket-hed.jpg

By "we" do you mean the gay Marines who find females ugly and disgusting??

all marines call them wookies; even the females call the other females wookies....as a term of endearment of course

Woman marine=>WM=>Wookie monster=>Wookie

Or at least that's how my marine buddy explained it to me

This is actually more the point. How many 18 year old girls will be medically discharged by 20 due to hip knee and back injuries that could have had a 20 or 30 year career in intel, supply or the Air Wing? I really don't think people even ones that served in the military that were not in combat arms understand how prevalent these injuries are in men alone.

Fucking A buddeh.... 9 years of tanking destroyed my knees and back. I'm 35 years old and my bones creek like a 60 year old person. My last deployment my platoon commander thought it would be a good idea for each tank crew to change their track pads in a day. So we had 14 Marines out there doing track pads for ~18 hours... half the platoon went down with back injuries (pulls, spasms, etc). No way in hell would a female been able to do anything in that situation outside of be a driver. So having a female automatically forces the other crewman to have to exert themselves to a significantly greater degree.

Anyways, sending females to Pendelton? LMAO.... that will be hilarious when they start dropping out like flies and now we have women with bruised egos because now they've failed because they were forced into something that 99% of them won't be capable of completing. But, you know, diversity and equal opportunity are what make a cohesive fighting force, right?

i've literally never seen a female servicemember perform any task, outside of supply or S-1/HR......not one. I"ve seen a few in the motor pool 'holding a broom', but they were flirting while the dudes were doing all the actual work. Same w/ deployment packouts, gauging fuel tankers, any physical detail whatsoever,

which is hilarious b/c i see alot them in my class w/ NAMs....oh word? for what, exactly?

This is pretty true all around... worst thing I saw was an admin clerk SSgt with a fucking BRONZE star. She NEVER deployed... I realize a bronze star can be given for non-combat but what a god damned joke. Not sure how true it is but my admin chief told me she was getting "G" on her fitrep. You ever seen that shit before? LMAO

What exactly is the point of all of this?

Yes I understand the legal implications and the SJW "overhaul" of the military... but the point?

How does putting women into physically demanding infantry roles benefit anything or anyone?

Fucking A buddeh.... 9 years of tanking destroyed my knees and back. I'm 35 years old and my bones creek like a 60 year old person. My last deployment my platoon commander thought it would be a good idea for each tank crew to change their track pads in a day. So we had 14 Marines out there doing track pads for ~18 hours... half the platoon went down with back injuries (pulls, spasms, etc). No way in hell would a female been able to do anything in that situation outside of be a driver. So having a female automatically forces the other crewman to have to exert themselves to a significantly greater degree.

Anyways, sending females to Pendelton? LMAO.... that will be hilarious when they start dropping out like flies and now we have women with bruised egos because now they've failed because they were forced into something that 99% of them won't be capable of completing. But, you know, diversity and equal opportunity are what make a cohesive fighting force, right?

A big reason NATO never introduced the autoloader is partially because a human loader is faster than a autoloader but the bigger reason is a 4 person tank crew suffers from much less fatigue than a 3 person crew. I don't think the Generals that implement this stuff understand how physically intensive it is to fix a broken track or otherwise maintain a tank.

All that digging and sledgehammer swinging is not something the vast majority of women can do.

There is no way just to lower the standards with that one. It simply is what it is.

I am curious to see how fast women can load rounds compared to men.

A big reason NATO never introduced the autoloader is partially because a human loader is faster than a autoloader but the bigger reason is a 4 person tank crew suffers from much less fatigue than a 3 person crew. I don't think the Generals that implement this stuff understand how physically intensive it is to fix a broken track or otherwise maintain a tank.

All that digging and sledgehammer swinging is not something the vast majority of women can do.

There is no way just to lower the standards with that one. It simply is what it is.

I am curious to see how fast women can load rounds compared to men.

Loading is kind of an "art" so I don't think it would be too difficult for females to learn that technique. But like you said the repetition and exertion would destroy them significantly faster than most males. It's not a knock against women it's just their bones are weaker and overall they have very little muscles mass. It's not like you have to be a body builder to be a tanker, but again as you said, swinging that sledge all day long and torquing down bolts all day long is physically demanding.

Must be a new concept if it is such a rampant problem. Not sure what to say, the stats don't lie.

I'm not saying there isn't higher rates of assault, but you should understand that sexual harassment claims are a get out of jail free card in the military. If you are having a personal conflict with a superior, just claim sexual harrassment, it doesn't even have to be against the person you are having conflict with, and You will me moved. In the military you don't have much recourse or power to solve any conflicts within the chain of command. Sexual harassment is a kind of trump card. Not saying that due to a male dominant culture, field deployments where 24 hours a day are spent in close living quarters, and barracks housing, doesn't lead to higher rates of sexual assault, just that those numbers are inflated.

When I look at this conversation, it just reminds me of how equality of opportunity, and equality of outcome are two very different things.

If this was about equality of opportunity, I would be 100% in support of this. For the handful of women that are capable, and have the will to do this, good for them, we should support that.

What we all know is going to occur here is equality of outcome.

I see the comment over and over that if they don't lower the standards, people are fine with this, but when you start with male and female physical requirements being different throughout the military, how are we not going to end up with lower standards?

What exactly is the point of all of this?

Yes I understand the legal implications and the SJW "overhaul" of the military... but the point?

How does putting women into physically demanding infantry roles benefit anything or anyone?
Political grandstanding and ego. Dead kids be damned

Back