Marijuana Use Linked to Increased Risk of Dying from High Blood Pressure

people still being put in jail for weed and these people doing studies about high blood pressure

come the fuck on

make the shit legal, regulate it like every other fucking vice in this country except oh wait it causes high blood pressure? well shit man i guess ill go back to my soda and steak

the beauty of it is, even if it couldnt help a single sick person with anything it would still be less harmful than alcohol

drink up folks!

If it helps with my arthritis and back pain without destroying my stomach or constipating me to the point that I take the "Dump of Death", then I'm down.

I have no doubts there's healing properties for some illnesses within.

Yet somehow all the fattest states with the most amount of people on public assistance both are conservative red states.

Party of personal responsibility huh?

{<hhh]

According to fake news @Pwent it's all the blacks in those states dragging everyone down.

regardless of what you're taking inhaling any smoke is bad for your lungs

regardless of what you're taking inhaling any smoke is bad for your lungs

Now that we all agree that "smoke is bad" can we all agree also that weed being a schedule 1 2 or even 3 drug is downright ridiculous?

it should be somewhere between alcohol and caffene

Smoking pot is often considered safer than smoking cigarettes, but a new study suggests that marijuana use may increase a person's risk of death from high blood pressure.

Over the two-decade-long study period, marijuana users, whose level and frequency of smoking was not assessed in the study, had a more than threefold greater risk of dying from hypertension than nonusers. This increase in risk was greater than that associated with cigarette smoking, the researchers said.

"Support for liberal marijuana use is partly due to claims that it is beneficial, and possibly not harmful, to health," lead study author Barbara Yankey, a doctoral student of epidemiology and biostatistics at Georgia State University, said in a statement. "However, there is little research on the impact of marijuana use on cardiovascular and [stroke] mortality."

Researchers examined 1,200 people for six years. They found death rates from high blood pressure were associated with people who reported using pot.

http://abc13.com/health/study-pot-smokers-face-greater-risk-of-death/2297360/

RIP

My only issue with this study is that they seem to be declaring anyone who has ever used marijuana (including single time use) to be a marijuana user. So if you smoked one time at a party several years prior, they would count you in the same category as someone who smokes daily or even just frequently.

Here's the actual study...

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/2047487317723212

I'm not one of the "marijuana is great" people, but this study seems weird. 1200 people over 6 years? How many of those people died within 6 years? And specifically of hypertension? If we're talking 9 marijuana users to 3 normies, is that statistically significant?

For the record, I do think habitual marijuana use can heighten anxiety and encourage sedentary lifestyles, but I still think it should be legal.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/m.m...-good-news-for-the-lungs-of-marijuana-smokers

http://hightimes.com/news/marijuana-users-have-good-lungs-for-transplanting/

Get with the times man (and if you need a lung transplant get the lungs of a weed smoker).

Anyway the amount of smoke in like 10
Green cones is like a couple big drags on a cig. Can't compare smoke content or volume.
Im not comparing it to cigarettes. Its still strain in your lungs. There are other methods to consume

For the record, I do think habitual marijuana use can heighten anxiety and encourage sedentary lifestyles, but I still think it should be legal.
weed affects everyone differently. some get anxiety or become sedentary, others feel more creative and energetic.

weed affects everyone differently. some get anxiety or become sedentary, others feel more creative and energetic.

Yeah, that's why I qualified it. I think it can be harmful if started early and used habitually, but I don't have any real evidence of problems if used as an adult. I smoked a ton of weed in my early 20's and I'm mostly sane and productive.

My only issue with this study is that they seem to be declaring anyone who has ever used marijuana (including single time use) to be a marijuana user. So if you smoked one time at a party several years prior, they would count you in the same category as someone who smokes daily or even just frequently.

Here's the actual study...

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/2047487317723212
"Review literature and reports suggest that marijuana smoking increases heart rate from 20–100% for about 2–3 h," Holy fuck if my heart rate ever doubled and stayed that way for 2-3 fucking hours for sure I would never smoke again. Where do they get this?

This just makes the whole study totally fucking useless, as you correctly pointed out:
"We selected participants eligible for mortality follow-up, aged 20 years and above, who answered ‘‘yes’’ or ‘‘no’’ to the question, ‘‘Have you ever used marijuana or hashish?’’ Participants who answered yes were classified marijuana users and those who answered no, as non-marijuana users. Duration of marijuana use was estimated..." So, anything between a bag a week smoker and someone who tried it in college once (BUT DIDN'T INHALE LOL) is treated the same. That's stupid.

"Review literature and reports suggest that marijuana smoking increases heart rate from 20–100% for about 2–3 h," Holy fuck if my heart rate ever doubled and stayed that way for 2-3 fucking hours for sure I would never smoke again. Where do they get this?

This just makes the whole study totally fucking useless, as you correctly pointed out:
"We selected participants eligible for mortality follow-up, aged 20 years and above, who answered ‘‘yes’’ or ‘‘no’’ to the question, ‘‘Have you ever used marijuana or hashish?’’ Participants who answered yes were classified marijuana users and those who answered no, as non-marijuana users. Duration of marijuana use was estimated..." So, anything between a bag a week smoker and someone who tried it in college once (BUT DIDN'T INHALE LOL) is treated the same. That's stupid.

Yeah, while their candidate pool size is nice, I can see a few major issues with the actual study's methods without looking too hard.

Basically this study was just enough to say "well the results warrant further study" without having to actually come to a real conclusion.

Marijuana and its effects on blood pressure are actually fairly well documented already. The typical agreed upon answer is probably a little in new users but as you continue to develop a tolerance your blood pressure might actually drop. There are a ton of factors involved in how it actually affects blood pressure.

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/cannabis-high-blood-pressure-hypertension

Back