Marijuana Use Linked to Increased Risk of Dying from High Blood Pressure

Pot smoking has become a cool trend. Being promoted as if its a good idea.

WTF? The "study" is garbage, by any definition.
You would think a study of this nature would asses the frequency of the users who were part of it. Also I'm pretty high right now and I just took my blood pressure and its around 62 BPM. So take that study!

chicken and egg. maybe they smoke MJ because they are predisposed to high BP.

The potheads don't want to hear that.

All they want to do is talk about how marijuana cures every disease known to man lol

You would think a study of this nature would asses the frequency of the users who were part of it. Also I'm pretty high right now and I just took my blood pressure and its around 62 BPM. So take that study!
what? I dont even... BP in BPM is not blood pressure.

If you drink coffee, caffeine is a drug. If you take sleeping pills or probiotcs.

Weed is all those in one. It's good to wake to, it's helps digestion, and good to sleep at night.

It's help regulate the body.

Unlike other drugs weed seeps far into fat cells where some cancers begin.

Problem is it seeps so far into your body it takes a long time to rid your body of it and once it completely regulates your body it will be very hard to wake , eat, and sleep with out it

lol at the people getting mad cause no one wants to take junk science seriously.

You can vaporize pot and or make it edible. For the record, I've never used pot and I'm 48. I am however going to get blazed out of my mind as soon as it becomes legal.

The government has no power over you, don't wait for their permission. Live your life man.

The people who did this study should be downright ashamed for how they went about doing it. Like user @BEER said they didn't assess frequency of use, diet and other facts. That is my problem with a lot of Marijuana studies is that the sample size is so relatively small its meaningless not to mention its illegal on a federal level so its much harder to get funded to be able to do long term studies. That is why when I see studies on this and other substances I usually will read the actual study itself to see how they went about doing said study.

"In 2005-2006, participants were asked if they had ever used marijuana. Those who answered "yes" were considered marijuana users. Participants reported the age when they first tried marijuana and this was subtracted from their current age to calculate the duration of use."

Yeah this study is fucking garbage.

What did those people eat while using marijuana? Thats probably more of a link to high blood pressure.

I was about to destroy @TheStruggle but others have done this better than I can.

Junk article and junk article. Vet your sources before disseminating what is essentially anti-cannabis propaganda.

The potheads don't want to hear that.

All they want to do is talk about how marijuana cures every disease known to man lol

A. The study is horseshit, and the standards of it's variables and controls bore this out

B. I enjoin you to show people saying cannabis can cure anything and everything. If you can do that, please explain as to how they are representative of the whole of cannabis users, or even a sizable proportion.

The government has no power over you, don't wait for their permission. Live your life man.

I'm a black dude man. If I get caught with one joint (ZERO priors and I'm a retired veteran), I'll probably be proclaimed the next Pablo Escobar.

I can't run the risk of losing everything I've worked so hard for. Besides, if I've never done it, I can't miss it. I can wait... :)

I'm a black dude man. If I get caught with one joint (ZERO priors and I'm a retired veteran), I'll probably be proclaimed the next Pablo Escobar.

I can't run the risk of losing everything I've worked so hard for. Besides, if I've never done it, I can't miss it. I can wait... :)

Fair enough haha, good luck and enjoy your first time.

If you've abstained for this long, I think when you finally do it a couple times, you'll be like "Really? People are going insane over this shit?"

It's not the most powerful high ever. Makes you just feel better, and enjoy entertainment, food and sex more, or at least in different ways.

Smoking pot is often considered safer than smoking cigarettes, but a new study suggests that marijuana use may increase a person's risk of death from high blood pressure.

Over the two-decade-long study period, marijuana users, whose level and frequency of smoking was not assessed in the study, had a more than threefold greater risk of dying from hypertension than nonusers. This increase in risk was greater than that associated with cigarette smoking, the researchers said.

"Support for liberal marijuana use is partly due to claims that it is beneficial, and possibly not harmful, to health," lead study author Barbara Yankey, a doctoral student of epidemiology and biostatistics at Georgia State University, said in a statement. "However, there is little research on the impact of marijuana use on cardiovascular and [stroke] mortality."

Researchers examined 1,200 people for six years. They found death rates from high blood pressure were associated with people who reported using pot.

http://abc13.com/health/study-pot-smokers-face-greater-risk-of-death/2297360/

RIP

Two points. It studied MJ smokers, which means the smoking could be the cause, not the MJ.

Second, I don't think it is unreasonable to assume that many MJ users are overweight. Being lazy, and having the munchies, tend to have that result.

Seems that if this is the case, this study just showed what we already knew. Overweight people have high blood pressure.

A. The study is horseshit, and the standards of it's variables and controls bore this out

B. I enjoin you to show people saying cannabis can cure anything and everything. If you can do that, please explain as to how they are representative of the whole of cannabis users, or even a sizable proportion.

I see it everywhere, people claiming that marijuana cures cancer, seizures, etc. Tommy Chong told everyone he cured his cancer by shoving cannibis oil up his ass or something. It really is silly.

It's a matter of confirmation bias. Potheads love pot, so they're naturally going to embrace all the positives and disregard the negatives, just like a Trump supporter does.

This has just been my experience in talking with dope heads in person and on the internet.

I see it everywhere, people claiming that marijuana cures cancer, seizures, etc. Tommy Chong told everyone he cured his cancer by shoving cannibis oil up his ass or something. It really is silly.

It's a matter of confirmation bias. Potheads love pot, so they're naturally going to embrace all the positives and disregard the negatives, just like a Trump supporter does.

This has just been my experience in talking with dope heads in person and on the internet.

CBD oils have been documented to reduce seizures, so that is a bad example. It's also worth noting that the oil used does not make people high.

http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/treat...ent-approaches/medical-marijuana-and-epilepsy

If Tommy Chong says he cured his cancer with Rick Simpson Oil, I would oblige him to commission a study to prove it, but I would not equate his story with some claim that cannabis can cure anything.

Pot smoking has become a cool trend. Being promoted as if its a good idea.

If it helps with my arthritis and back pain without destroying my stomach or constipating me to the point that I take the "Dump of Death", then I'm down.

Back