Marijuana Use Linked to Increased Risk of Dying from High Blood Pressure

TheStruggle

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
Smoking pot is often considered safer than smoking cigarettes, but a new study suggests that marijuana use may increase a person's risk of death from high blood pressure.

Over the two-decade-long study period, marijuana users, whose level and frequency of smoking was not assessed in the study, had a more than threefold greater risk of dying from hypertension than nonusers. This increase in risk was greater than that associated with cigarette smoking, the researchers said.

"Support for liberal marijuana use is partly due to claims that it is beneficial, and possibly not harmful, to health," lead study author Barbara Yankey, a doctoral student of epidemiology and biostatistics at Georgia State University, said in a statement. "However, there is little research on the impact of marijuana use on cardiovascular and [stroke] mortality."

Researchers examined 1,200 people for six years. They found death rates from high blood pressure were associated with people who reported using pot.

http://abc13.com/health/study-pot-smokers-face-greater-risk-of-death/2297360/

RIP

At first I thought this bout of reefer madness the Trump nut huggers came down with was thier new tranny thread fascination. But they are still making tranny threads alongside the pot threads.

At first I thought this bout of reefer madness the Trump nut huggers came down with was thier new tranny thread fascination. But they are still making tranny threads alongside the pot threads.

And on cue the first comment is upset at the thread but doesn't despite any of the information.

Not only that, you can actually die if you snort the Marinuana.

Stay away from the Devil's Lettuce guys, don't be that guy.

And on cue the first comment is upset at the thread but doesn't despite any of the information.

Why do conservatives care so much about what other Americans do with or put into thier bodies?

Oh and your OP is shit. "New study suggests that pot may do something" where the amount the people uses isn't even addressed. Sounds like fake newz to me.

while i dont think we should legally force people from using marijuana, i have a low opinion of potheads and other drug abusers

THC is a vasodilator which widens blood cells which decreases blood pressure. This study sounds like Jeff Sessions commissioned it.

Not only that, you can actually die if you snort the Marinuana.

Stay away from the Devil's Lettuce guys, don't be that guy.
Marijuana-Evil.gif

Thankfully Grand wizard Sessions will keep those criminals at bay

And I'll be waiting for your "Your Body, Your Healthcare, Your Responsibility" thread.

Yet somehow all the fattest states with the most amount of people on public assistance both are conservative red states.

Party of personal responsibility huh?

{<hhh]

Good, fuck 'em. I hate the smell.

On a side note, I don't care what people or don't do as long as it doesn't impact me in any way shape or form.

marijuana users, whose level and frequency of smoking was not assessed in the study.

I'm sure everyone will stop, and your conversion will be successful.

And by the way, the guy in your av is a roid head, consistency.

Yet somehow all the fattest states with the most amount of people on public assistance both are conservative red states.

{<hhh]

And states with the least amount of sex education have the highest teen pregnancies.
main-qimg-1ba910e0a997c400e3299fea2d2b5a14

{<hhh]

Accept the reality is those welfare cases are coming from blue cities you'll then say contribute more to the red states, can't have it both ways.

Back