Marijuana prohibitionist Chris Christie to lead White House drug commission

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I honestly don't know who's worse on weed between Sessions and Christie.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...house-drug-commission/?utm_term=.30507c562923

The White House is launching a new commission to combat drug addiction Wednesday to be overseen by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R), who for years has been passionate about the scourge of drug abuse.

Trump and Christie will lead a listening session on the subject at the White House on Wednesday, convening Attorney General Jeff Sessions and several other Cabinet members, drug policy experts and advocates, as well as a recovering addict.

Ending opioid addiction was a centerpiece of Trump's 2016 presidential campaign, as well as Christie's, and advisers say the president is committed to using the powers of his office to raise awareness and develop new policies to tackle the problem.

Christie told the Associated Press that Trump asked him to lead the drug abuse efforts while serving as governor, and that he currently has “no interest in having a permanent role” in the administration.

“He asked me to help with this, and I’m going to,” Christie told the AP. “It’s an issue that I care about a lot in New Jersey and for the country, and so the president asked me to do this and I was happy to.”

The drug commission is part of the new White House Office of American Innovation, chaired by Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser. Christie's role has been in the works for several weeks. On Tuesday, Christie and Kushner had lunch to discuss the project. The two men were said to have had an icy relationship during the campaign and transition period — Christie was removed as chairman of Trump's transition and replaced by Vice President Pence — but have been working together amicably in recent weeks, according to White House officials.

There clearly needs to be something done about the hardcore drugs, especially heroin (huge issue in NC and i imagine elsewhere), but weed should have been legalized and decriminalized years ago. No logical reason as to why weed isn't allowed but alcohol, cigarettes, and processed foods are.

There clearly needs to be something done about the hardcore drugs, especially heroin (huge issue in NC and i imagine elsewhere), but weed should have been legalized and decriminalized years ago. No logical reason as to why weed isn't allowed but alcohol, cigarettes, and processed foods are.
This.

Plot twist: christie ends up requiring marijuana for health complications

giphy.gif

Then I assume that you mean something other than the current strategy because "the war on drugs" has been absolute fucking failure at anything besides empowering the cartels, enriching the prison industry and providing funding and paramilitary equipment to law enforcement agencies.

Hell, if they wanted the lulz they should have just put him in charge of combating American obesity.

This is your party of small government and free markets folks

Then I assume that you mean something other than the current strategy because "the war on drugs" has been absolute fucking failure at anything besides empowering the cartels, enriching the prison industry and providing funding and paramilitary equipment to law enforcement agencies.
Of course. The war on drugs was one of the worst decisions. Its horrible for especially minorities and the those in poverty.

Hope the Trump fan club are happy with themselves... Dumb shit.

The issue isn't even hard drugs anymore.

It's perscription copies of hard drugs being prescribed by doctors.

jokes aside, this is easily the worst and most nonsensical part of the Trump Admin to me

they can simply allow the states to have it legal that have already voted (especially those that just did like Cali), don't mess w/ the RX program or expand it if they wanna reduce fully legal, and then .......bam, they can claim jobs created, extra revenues, etc...

all for shit they had nothing to do w/ approving.

This is the dumbest strategy quite possibly I've ever seen. They can do NOTHING and reap the already started benefits and take some of the claim

Christie's arguement loses credibility once he says "how about heroin". Those two drugs aren't comparable. Anyone with common sense knows that.

I smoked weed for 10 years & never once tried another drug. I don't believe in the whole gate way drug thing.

jokes aside, this is easily the worst and most nonsensical part of the Trump Admin to me

they can simply allow the states to have it legal that have already voted (especially those that just did like Cali), don't mess w/ the RX program or expand it if they wanna reduce fully legal, and then .......bam, they can claim jobs created, extra revenues, etc...

all for shit they had nothing to do w/ approving.

This is the dumbest strategy quite possibly I've ever seen. They can do NOTHING and reap the already started benefits and take some of the claim

They could do a lot of shit indeed, but since passing the tax cuts in 2001 the republicans have forgot how to fucking govern.

They could do a lot of shit indeed, but since passing the tax cuts in 2001 the republicans have forgot how to fucking govern.
it's weird though

Even NJ, under Christie, while admittingly the strictest requirements of the states that allowed it still approved RX greenery....
the main problem I have w/ all this, besides partaking, is they aren't going w/ their constituency whatsoever...

Big Pharma and the HC Industry, sure, but people that actually vote?

nobody I've ever come across that isn't 90+ or retarded is against weed

I smoked weed for 10 years & never once tried another drug. I don't believe in the whole gate way drug thing.

The way our country is set up it doesnt matter what you believe ..... It matters what the people you vote for believe and anyone who didnt see this coming with a republican administration is a fool. Sure they might not have come right out and said it but the track record is there ..... Its always there.

With the things this admin is setting up to do by the end of the year were going to be telling fools Trump won get over it.

the gateway drug is alcohol, clearly.

Nobody smokes trees and then decides to get yay'd out for the first time. People do get drunk though and do the same thing....

Unfortunately our country was founded on the triangle trade of which molasses (rum) and tobacco were two main components...

if only it were hemp instead of tobacco....

It's blood money
<18>

What's your reasoning here?
Is it about the drugs being harmful and should the government make decisions on what people can put into their bodies or trade with because of that?
Then the logical thing to do clearly would be to ban alcohol and cigarettes, not to legalize marijuana. If that's none of their business, why is heroine?

Back