Marijuana is now Legal Across Canada

I wonder if border towns on Canada's side will flourish because of people coming over to get high.

It would be interesting to know how many people have tried weed for the first time since it became legal. I wouldn't expect much of an increase but you never know.

It would be interesting to know how many people have tried weed for the first time since it became legal. I wouldn't expect much of an increase but you never know.
It would be pretty interesting to know.

Like you said, I wouldn't expect that many people to start smoking for the first time just because it's legal. Weed is already pretty easily accessible even when illegal.

Watching the news, there seems to be a lot of people who are of a certain age and haven't smoked in decades that are buying it to try it out just because of the legalization.

Ontario wont release full details yet but assuming the lowest possible numbers...
40K sales in 3 hours =120k sales in 9 hours at an average 9$/gram = 1.08 mil

Factor in lots of people will have ordered 7, 10, 30g increments....ontario alone cleared 10mil guaranteed in a day.
Alberta made about 1 mil on day one for 8300 orders.

Its only going to get bigger here but supply has not been met for 3 month initial sales. Hmmm

Ontario wont release full details yet but assuming the lowest possible numbers...
40K sales in 3 hours =120k sales in 9 hours at an average 9$/gram = 1.08 mil

Factor in lots of people will have ordered 7, 10, 30g increments....ontario alone cleared 10mil guaranteed in a day.
Alberta made about 1 mil on day one for 8300 orders.

Its only going to get bigger here but supply has not been met for 3 month initial sales. Hmmm

Don't you need to factor in novelty purchases from people who did it one time just because they can and are not planning to habitually consume it?

Don't you need to factor in novelty purchases from people who did it one time just because they can and are not planning to habitually consume it?

I based my numbers on 1 gram only sales being over a mil if we follow the trend of 40k orders over a 3hr span.
If people order more than 1 gram and many would have ordered half and full ozies, ontario in one day made bank.

They delayed my order so i went to the retail cannabis-nb location and when you're in the waiting room waiting to go into the main store its awkward to say the least with the mix of people. Bunch of weirdos singing like its the best thing that every happened.

Also sorry Sansnom, didnt mean to disrespect your thread before.

Trudeau will win the next election because of the legalization of Cannabis,

Victory for Canada.

Victory for Canada.

And scheer is the dumbass who wants to keep the door open on eliminating legalization. I dont understand how one can run a campaign on intentional failure lol nobody will vote for you now dummy. This country is not giving up this opportunity.

Victory for Canada.
Conservatives may hand him the election on a silver platter if they don't commit to not repealing the law.

people who have never smoked weed, and eventually do, may become like my younger brother, and only smoke it before bed. i never knew he smoked, until he told me he only smokes before bed because it helps him sleep. for me, weed is only useful when i'm on my own. for me, it's completely anti-social. i don't want to talk to anyone when i'm high.

So the balls to call out Saudi Arabia makes up for ..........
Spending tax payer money for a nanny for 2 kids
Spending tax payer money to renovate his house
Syrian Refugees
Embarrassing trip to India
Carbon tax
Spending billions for a pipeline that has been blocked
Allowing a child rapist/murderer to be sent to a minimum security healing lodge instead of prison.

And I could care less about Trumps job creation, please tell me about how many jobs Trudeau has created in the Alberta energy sector. Between his policies and Notleys, they've made investing in Alberta a non option .
Do you live in Alberta? Do you work in the patch?

alberta =/= canada

smh, good luck to my Canadian brothers who are going to fall into the depths of the fatal pots overdoses

smh, good luck to my Canadian brothers who are going to fall into the depths of the fatal pots overdoses

We have a bigger crisis created by legalization...

Catastrophic Doritos shortage!

It's crazy

Calgary
8a0969f1-e405-495a-9d93-bb945781b118.jpg

28efb276-c3ba-4e5a-956e-27d1caeaa0a5_800.jpg

four20181.jpg

Newfoundland
legal-pot.jpg

Legal-Cannabis-First-Transaction-2.jpg

Moncton
Cannabis%20NB%20Oct%2017.jpg

Cannabis%20NB%20legalization%20day.jpg

Halifax
d.jpg

6f4b23a9-8489-4e1d-9182-b92fe77c77d5_800.jpg

That's just a couple locations in different cities. There are 20 different stores in some provinces.

And some have 0 stores, like Ontario.

The ontario website had a few hundred products and is now down to 54.

Tilray which is worth the most on the stock market is dead dry. They have no product thus making their usa deal moot and over inflated. Considering their small size also, useless LP.

I think it means "more or less". It's a wavy negative sign. Probably because they didn't have the exact pricing yet.
In mathematics ~ = 'approximately', which yes could be said as 'more or less'.

Back