Marijuana and working out

Unless you're the cops then I meant one chapter of my English text book. Damn typos ...

Idk I've never been able to work out after smoking. I have friends that do it though

Weed before weight lifting, grappling, basket ball, and dodge ball puts me in the freaking zone.

Old school smokers don't understand the incredible specificity their is in the effects of individual strains of marijuana. Not to mention the incredible varieties in which in can be consumed.

I used to think I knew my shit because I'd worked out of Amsterdam and knew the weed culture there but I showed up here to Seattle and was blown away by how advanced it was.

Focused, reflective, social, talkative, imaginative, energetic on one end to painkilling, baked, stoned, blazed on the other. Whatever you want, there's a strain for that.

With the right weed, you can definitely enhance your grappling sessions. I've made some great leaps in understanding while *teaching* judo after a few bong hits.

The one thing I can't do well is drive in traffic. Could do a time attack on closed circuit just fine (if not already have) but I make it a point not to drive when I'm high.

unfortunately most of the world doesn't have that freedom of choice yet. Hopefully us Canucks can catch up to you guys next year.

Personally I'd rather not smoke before working out or doing anything too strenuous. I find it makes it a bit harder for me to try hard. I just want to chill.

Riding a bike, playing video games, throwing a frisbee, going for a hike, all great on weed, but lifting heavy weights I'd rather not.

Back in college I went to wrestling practice a few times after burning one down. It didn't necessarily hurt my performance. Actually, I would often tool dudes while high.

Frustrated the shit out of one of my practice partners because I was hitting 5 point throws and all kinds of crazy shit like kimura rolls to shrug off singles, high AF. I was in the zone, while kinda zoned out, if you know what I'm saying. Over the course of a two hour practice, however, it can be bad for the gas tank and have you feeling rather wiped out afterward.

Have also competed in flag football stoned and run local 5ks after a couple rips. Same with playing softball in a regional league and hitting up the local basketball tournament. Did one of those mud runs after blazing as well. But just straight up lifting while high generally bores me, so I never really made a point of doing it.

I don't smoke as much as I used to, but in my past experience it can both hurt and enhance your performance athletically.

Ive tried running while high and just cant do it. Feels bad and I never hit the zone. Without weed I run everyday so I find it weird

I like using my vaporizer and going on trail runs. The visuals on a sunny day are quite cool.

Back