Marijuana and Boxing, Met Exum Speight

Seriously? Cool shit, man.

I'm just messing around, I like Tyson.

Yea, a lot of big names were at his gym at one point. Tyson, Tyrell Biggs, Evander Holyfield, and a bunch of other people that I can't think of off the top of my head. He said Evander was kind of an ass and was pretty small at the time (pre-roids). He said that out of all the people at the gym, Tyson was probably the nicest.

Ironically enough Terry Norris is pretty messed up as well, Dr. Goodman says it's on account of endless rounds of sparring in the Gym. Too much of which can ruin a guy, Terry last couldn't get medical clearance to fight on account of it. So maybe there is a correlation.

Hey, I used to be a pothead for a while. THERE I SAID IT.

Hey, I used to be a pothead for a while. THERE I SAID IT.

haha by some of the late night posts I drop...I don't think i need to really explain much.

jake you still training? Do you have a log on here?

haha by some of the late night posts I drop...I don't think i need to really explain much.

jake you still training? Do you have a log on here?

Yeahhh man, I had to stop for a while there cause I almost wasn't gonna graduate :icon_chee

But now, schools out FO EVAAAA and I can train it up this summer before college.

Ironically enough Terry Norris is pretty messed up as well, Dr. Goodman says it's on account of endless rounds of sparring in the Gym. Too much of which can ruin a guy, Terry last couldn't get medical clearance to fight on account of it. So maybe there is a correlation.

I remember reading that Norris used to spar ridiculous amounts of rounds in training, and maybe that was the cause of him being shot at a relatively young age. This was around the time he was losing to Keith Mullings and Dana Rosenblatt. Norris was my favorite fighter for quite a while, one hell of an offensive fighter.

And since this has turned into a weed discussion, I might as well throw out that I smoked consistently for the last 5 years or so, and quit cold turkey May 1st of this year. Just over it, and i'm around the stuff constantly. But for whatever reason I have zero desire to touch it anymore.

Exum is not stoned at work. As a true warior, he has achieved a level of spiritual transcendence and real inner peace. You can take my life, but not my confidence. He now sees himself as Security being equivalent to being everyone's "Guardian Angel." Yes, he has been hit in the head. Everyone should YouTube his fight with Vlad Klitshcko to see that, but he is a very amazing human, fluent in German, and frequently praying both in German and English. Whoever posted originally about Exum in a pejorative fashion should go back to the pot place and converse with him. He has a lot to teach young warriors. Tanks, The Dope Doc

Exum is not stoned at work. As a true warior, he has achieved a level of spiritual transcendence and real inner peace. You can take my life, but not my confidence. He now sees himself as Security being equivalent to being everyone's "Guardian Angel." Yes, he has been hit in the head. Everyone should YouTube his fight with Vlad Klitshcko to see that, but he is a very amazing human, fluent in German, and frequently praying both in German and English. Whoever posted originally about Exum in a pejorative fashion should go back to the pot place and converse with him. He has a lot to teach young warriors. Tanks, The Dope Doc

righteous brotha'

A lot of boxers are screwed up from being hit in the head a lot....

Classic thread right here.

Yesterday at a cannibis club in venice beach california I met Exum Speight (pro boxer, fought Vlad Klitschko), who happens to be a security gaurd at the dispensary! He gets high all day and rambles about Jesus and love and other incoherent things. It is prob a combination of getting hit in the head a lot (he claims to have had a 24 year career) and all the drug use but he is pretty out there. I was wondering if this is at all common or if anyone has any similar stories.

dude just got charged with murder
in 1987 he did a 187 on his manager at the time

Well...

eccentric characters are common in boxing but unlike Martial arts or mma they are usually decent, nice guys. I believe boxing does sometimes attract artistic types (I'm one) who are almost always eccentric as a rule. Getting hit in the head effects everyone different but it absolutely affects behavior, thought processes etc. this guy you mention, I can't speculate, don't know a thing about him. As far as pot, I've never touched it, I don't like how goofy and sloppy it makes people. I've heard that it opens up a new experience to new smokers and all but i wouldn't know if that helps any kind of oddball ideas or not. Boxing has always been a haven for characters, I think you'll get no arguement there.

Back