Marijuana and BJJ

I think this is somewhat ignorant, I won't drive if I'm near alcohol, I believe people who drive drunk are putting themselves and others at risk and should be punished accordingly, however the same can not be said for marijuana. When you smoke your mind is altered and when you drink your mind is altered. That is were the similarities end. It is true that some people are unable to properly execute difficult tasks after smoking massive amounts of marijuana. However, this tiny minority does not accurately reflect the community of canibus users as a whole. A lot of well thought of, smart, successful, athletic people use recreational marijuana

I wish people realized just how many people around them are high alllll the time and no one but that person knows.

You should try smoking somewhere where Marijuana is legal for sales and consumption by the general public, you may change your position.

And that is somewhat self centered and dilluded. I'm not getting into a debate with someone who keeps telling themselves that taking drugs and driving is ok. It ain't about you man it's about the other people on the road who have to pay for your actions. Wanna bake up? Fine no one really gives a rats ass just keep it, out of your car.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!

i just wrote a fucking life story post about me and weed, my life, what happened, bjj, went so deep and it said i wasnt signed in and lost my fucking almost 1 hour of typing. sherdog you fucking **** hole.

maybe the world wasnt supposed to see what i said. i wrote so much, read it so many times, and the only fucker to read it was me.

Humor time,

Meth.jpg

a93b5-46.jpg

I stand by my statement. Chronics, and I'm not directing this at you, are always whining about getting harassed by the police. Here's a clue: don't put dope stickers on your car, fill the ashtray with roaches and drive around baked. Driving impaired is driving impaired regardless of whether it's booze or your doctor's perscription. No one who uses recreational substances believes it effects them eventhough by definition they are ingesting a mind altering substance. Common sense; just sayin.

i think these folks fall under the category i described as "acting out/don't care if you can tell." actually, i'd take it one step further and say they're really into a certain type of weed culture, and cultivate it as an identity. in any event, they aren't the majority. they're just the one's who are obvious. fraternity culture and partying strike me as an apt paralell.

maybe it's just that my peer group is pretty smart and well-grounded, but none of us would say that rec substances don't affect us. if they didn't affect us, we wouldn't do it. my point i guess is that most folks i know use weed the way other ppl use alcohol, nicotene, sleep aids, etc. but since weed is stigmatized in a certain way, it draws a certain amount of derision and critique that i find short-sighted and hypocritical. to be clear: i'm making a more general observation -- it's not intended as a personal slight.

cheers!

I'm not getting into a debate with someone who keeps telling themselves that taking drugs and driving is ok.

where did he say it's ok to do drugs and drive?

Wanna bake up? Fine no one really gives a rats ass just keep it, out of your car.

i agree. i also wonder how many ppl feel the same way when it comes to a few beers after work. you can drink a little and still drive responsibly. the same curve applies to marijuana.

personally i'm uncomfortable with all but the scarcest amount of consumption before driving, but many ppl who drink have a more relaxed view. my point isn't to label any behaviour as right or wrong, but to illustrate the double standard.

where did he say it's ok to do drugs and drive?

That was the conclusion I drew from his rationale. There are a lot of smokers who think that baking and driving is not only ok but it's a gawd damn given right. It's like they're on a crusade or something.

I don't take anything I can feel recreationaly. I've been down that road and almost never came back. That's just me but there is still validity in mine and so many others' expierences.

Alcohol contributes to about 599,000 unintentional student injuries each year. No such statistics exist when it comes to student marijuana use. Source: National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism Task Force on College Drinking, 2007.

How many people drink alcohol regularly compared to the amount who smoke marijuana? Exactly.

Weed actually expands the airways in your lungs and many endurance athletes smoke. Real talk, son. But seriously, I've only smoked and rolled once or twice and I was able to focus more and think about rolling much more smoothly. No cardiovascular problems whatsoever.
Posted via Mobile Device

What? Please elaborate. That can't be fact.

it is a fact that cannabis causes small blood vessels and capillaries to dilate, which is why it can make your eyes red. it can help respiration among other things.

if you vaporize it properly, there will be no combustion, so no worries about breathing burning plant matter. what little residue it leaves in the lungs is easily dissolved and absorbed by your body. vaping is the superior technique

What? Please elaborate. That can't be fact.

It is man. I'm on my phone so I don't have all the facts but the book "The emperor wears no clothes" by jack herrer is full of information and statistics about weed.
Posted via Mobile Device

the problem with "facts" when it comes to cannabis is that the truth is obscured in a cloud of deliberate and intentional ignorance

it is a testament to the effectiveness of the federal government's capacity for effective propaganda that people can still be shocked, in 2011, to learn that the plant may actually be useful

Oh Ok, yeah I heard vaporizing is the ish when it comes to weed. So that's what you meant then, opposite smoking a doobie?. That can't be good for your lungs...

And that is somewhat self centered and dilluded. I'm not getting into a debate with someone who keeps telling themselves that taking drugs and driving is ok. It ain't about you man it's about the other people on the road who have to pay for your actions. Wanna bake up? Fine no one really gives a rats ass just keep it, out of your car.

Just because you've been convinced that something is bad does not not mean it is. Smoking any substance is harmful to the lungs, in addition smoking does seem to lead to lack of motivation, but other then these it is tremendously rare to find additional negative side effects. Just because you've been told weed is the devil for a long time does not mean it is true. You are obviously not educated on the topic and just echoing what others have told you with out any kind of argument to present with it

Liver and jam.

Lindsey Lohan and an Oscar.

Scissors and coffee.

Back