Crime Maria Butina Pleads Guilty to Working on Behalf of the Kremlin Through the NRA

<puh-lease75>

You're always welcome to articulate. Lobbying for a change in the law is everyone's right. Looking to ease restrictions on imports that interfere with the right to keep an bear is good work on their part. Them speaking in a foreign country to promote gun rights isn't a problem that I can imagine. If you've got something other than "muh Russia" I'm all ears.

Stop, just stop. You must have very little respect for my inteliigence with this line of defense. "They're just documents". How does that negate omission. If I have 100 documents but I only release 50 - it is an omission. If I have 3 documents but I only release a portion of each, it's an omission.

Is lying by omission lying? Yay or nay.

Can you establish with certainty that there have been no lies by omission?
literally, what are you talking about playa? I NEVER SAID THEY DIDN"T.........
the leanings they have in what they release (which is much more applicable to Judicial Watch than it is WikiLeaks btw), has ZERO impact on the originality and validity of the documents/information in question.

The literal example used in the definition of False on Webster is ' not genuine - i.e. false documents'........that means forged, not omitted

If I have 100 documents but I only release 50 - it is an omission. If I have 3 documents but I only release a portion of each, it's an omission.

Is lying by omission lying? Yay or nay.

Sounds like what the feds do all the time. Except instead of lying they call it classification and redaction.

No, her offense was not a failure to register her activities. Not registering turned her activities into crimes. She didn't register her intentions. Not a crime. She proceeded to act while knowing that she wasn't registered - that is a crime.

You can try to downplay it but I don't know why. This law exists so that we can prosecute foreign spies on our soil.

But I get it. This is in keeping with the sad theme of trumpeting "Protect our nation and our sovereignty" while whispering "Our nation's sovereign integrity doesn't really matter if it's sold for the right price." Lotta Benedict Arnold sympathizers out there. You guys probably would have shot Paul Revere's horse to keep him from riding out, lol.
These stupid bastards think they're nationalists. They just don't realize the nation is Russia. Sucking up to Trump who's more interested in what deals he can make with Saudi Arabia and Russia over our national security.

Fair enough, if the NRA (which didn't appear to have a STRONGER effect than in the past elections, they seem to be losing clout if anything) actually did anything to 'destabilize' the US

The NRA is in huge trouble since the info about their Russian ties came out. They have essentially shuttered their channel, and have been sending out emails for months begging for cash, and not int he usual way.

Fuck them. They can't advocate for gun rights in a measured way, and are involved in money laundering. Let some group with sane leadership enter the fray.

The NRA is in huge trouble since the info about their Russian ties came out. They have essentially shuttered their channel, and have been sending out emails for months begging for cash, and not int he usual way.
is it b/c of that, or all the mass shootings recently?

I'm legit asking, not trying to condescend......

It's disgusting. We north Americans need to get some of that old fire back and start fighting for democracy. Seeing so many twist themselves in knots to collude with child selling oligarchs in undermining democracy is one of the greatest disgraces in history. Russia is a paper tiger now anyway. Time to slap them up.
Their economy is smaller than Italy's. Fuck Russia.

when investigative journalism is largely a thing of the past, someone has to do it.....

There are no Woodwards and Bernsteins to discover Watergates, we now have hackers and WikiLeaks ostensibly as that main outlet.

I'm by no means saying that's a good thing, just that it IS. Since there (as of now) is no indication of any clear benefit Russia would have gained under this system (I mean the US just passed it as the world's largest producer of Gas and Oil), it seems like an ultra egregious example of killing the messenger, doesn't it?

If i'm being honest, it appears to me like Trump probably didn't think he would win, and then was likely using intermediaries to line up post election loss business activity (the real reason I think Bannon was there, also) and in that process found out about this information regarding the DNC and Hillary's private server.
edit: that being said, once all the intel comes out, I will gladly eat crow if it was more sinister than I am guessing it was
At least you're open to the evidence that's presented.
{<redford}

You're always welcome to articulate. Lobbying for a change in the law is everyone's right. Looking to ease restrictions on imports that interfere with the right to keep an bear is good work on their part. Them speaking in a foreign country to promote gun rights isn't a problem that I can imagine. If you've got something other than "muh Russia" I'm all ears.
You hand wave this away like it's not be incredibly sideways??

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Their economy is smaller than Italy's. Fuck Russia.
There economy is as big as Canada's. Just give us the go ahead and we'll invade. We laugh at the russian winter that foiled so many others. Its just as cold here.

At least you're open to the evidence that's presented.
{<redford}
I always am
after living in Europe, i'm pretty aboard the UHC train for instance despite my being raised in about as strong a 'earn your own keep' household as is humanly possible
now those income tax and VAT/sales tax rates? no thank you haha

There economy is as big as Canada. Just give us the go ahead and we'll invade. We laugh at the russian winter that foiled so many others. Its just as cold here.
To Russia we will go,
Leave bodies in the snow
And then we'll hang some traitors,
When we find out what Mueller knows

I would ok if they setup a deal to reduce her sentence a year if she donates all of her beautiful, wavy, red hair.

literally, what are you talking about playa? I NEVER SAID THEY DIDN"T.........
the leanings they have in what they release (which is much more applicable to Judicial Watch than it is WikiLeaks btw), has ZERO impact on the originality and validity of the documents/information in question.

The literal example used in the definition of False on Webster is ' not genuine - i.e. false documents'........that means forged, not omitted
You said that they don't add anything and that they're just documents therefore there's no spin.

That's a complete sidestep of the relevant point. Lying by omission is still lying. So, you're willing to believe that they never lie by omission despite having absolutely nothing upon which to make the assertion. You do have the knowledge that they disliked one of our political candidates and that they refuse to face justice within our judicial system.

The people in the country who face consequences for their actions are problematic but the person with a clearly stated bias and an open refusal to abide by our laws is above reproach. Explain that to me.

Sounds like what the feds do all the time. Except instead of lying they call it classification and redaction.

With redaction you know that something is missing. And if it's a problem when the fed does it then it can't suddenly a trustworthy action when someone else does it.

is it b/c of that, or all the mass shootings recently?

I'm legit asking, not trying to condescend......

Could be the shootings in concert with the Russia money laundering, but then again, mass shootings never saw them lose money before. It always seemed like their donations went up after some kindergartners were shot dead or something.

want us to step our SKS game up?

I have no clue what Russia would 'get' from this other than destabilization. Pushing for further arming of the American populace, in theory, shouldn't be a goal of a supposed foreign adversary.....or a fascist regime for that matter haha
Of course it was destabilization. Obama had their nuts in a vice for their actions, especially against Ukraine, and Hillary would have kept up the pressure. Trump has loosened the vice and has been stroking the sack while swallowing the pole.

Back