Marcio Andre - Passing Modern Guards

Heath Flicker

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
View media item 26791
Hello all, I wanted to give everyone a heads up on the upcoming release of Marcio Andre’s first onDemand instructional - Passing Modern Guards. I have partnered with Marcio on this project and we are excited about how the product has come together. If you head to http://www.marcioandreonline.com and leave your email address we will send you a free technique and keep you updated on the release. We plan to go live with the product in the next couple of weeks. Here is a description of instructional:

As sport Jiu Jitsu has grown in popularity over the past decade, one of the biggest advancements has been in the guard position. From deep half guard, to berimbolos, to the various uses of the lapel, new positions and variations are created every year. While these positions have helped guard players score points and advantages in tournaments, they have also made passing much more challenging. Nova Uniao’s Marcio Andre has won World, Pan American and European Championships by solving the modern guard game puzzle. In this “Passing Modern Guards” DVD, Marcio shows the concepts and techniques that have made him one of the top guard passers in the game. Whether you’re a competitor or a recreational practitioner, Marcio will guide you in further developing your technique and understanding of how to beat the modern guard positions.

http://www.marcioandreonline.com

Awesome. Marcio Andre is a beast. And he passed Cobrinha's guard.

I have had the good fortune of training with alot of world class jiu jitsu competitors. Marcio's guard passing, particularly around the tricky new guards, is the best I have experienced.

Marcio is one of the few lighter weight competitors who's guard and passing are equally dangerous. I don't think I've ever seen him play the double guard pull game and he's passed some of the top featherweight and lightweight guards in the world.

Marcio is one of the few lighter weight competitors who's guard and passing are equally dangerous. I don't think I've ever seen him play the double guard pull game and he's passed some of the top featherweight and lightweight guards in the world.

I always say this about him. Similar to Rafa, his guard and passing are both equally awesome.

TTT one week from release. Countdown timer added to the homepage. Free technique #2 sent out to email subscribers.

Definitely looking forward to this. He passed Cobrina's guard and almost passed one of the Miyao's guards(I don't think he secured it long enough for points). I'm interested to see what he shows and I'm happy he's showing how to pass more modern guards.

This instructional will be going live on Monday. Here is the technique list:

Defending the lapel lasso
Passing the worm guard – part 1
Passing the worm guard – part 2
Defending the berimbolo – early escape
Defending the berimbolo – late
Passing collar sleeve guard
Passing the single leg X guard
Passing the X guard
Passing the lasso guard – variation 1
Passing the lasso guard – variation 2
Escape from the 50/50
Passing the De La Riva Guard
Passing the reverse De La Riva guard
Passing the deep half guard
Passing the deep half waiter

http://www.marcioandreonline.com

You can leave your email for a couple of free techniques and we will send a notification when the series launches.

Marcio_Live.jpg Marcio Andre's new instructional, Passing Modern Guards, is now live and available for order. In this series Marcio's shows his favorite techniques for neutralizing and passing all of the tricky new guards. For anyone who is not familiar with Marcio's game, he has been a world champion at every belt level (no-gi champ at black and finalist in the gi) and is one of the few light weight fighters who avoids double pull and attacks the guard pass. Head on over to http://www.marcioandreonline.com to signup and take your guard passing to the next level.

By the way, for anyone that orders: If you have any questions or would like additional details on any of the techniques, I train with Marcio every day and would be happy to have him provide some additional info. Maybe even a few follow-up videos

blyane_flyer_modern_guards.jpg

Feedback from another forum:

"Whoever is on the fence about getting this, its actually alot better than I figured it would be. Marcio is very straight forward, has pretty good english, and surprisingly enough isnt throwing a bunch of circus moves your way. Definitely happy I picked this one up."

Last edited:
Is this a DVD or just online access to the techniques?

Anyone seen this yet? Reviews?

Back