Marcin Held vs Teemu Packalen Set for UFC Poland Oct 21

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Marcin got this by some freaky submission.

I guess they counted the Lauzon loss as a win.

They're really throwing Held a bone, hopefully he can make use out of it....

Should have won against Lauzon, and against Hadzovic, but still found a way to let it slip away...

Losing to ancient ass Sanchez, even in grappling, didn't look good either. :/

Hope held gets the win he needs it.

I feel sorry for Held. Robbed against Lauzon, then got caught with the most perfectly timed stepping knee after dominating his opponent for 10 minutes.

i like held. he's a good fighter. he had a bad showing against diego sanchez, but followed up with a solid performance against joe lauzon and hadzovic just to be on the wrong end of a SD to lauzon and crazy flying knee against hadzonvic. i had him winning both of those fights.

hope he can bounce back and put a good streak together.

I thought teemu had a serious injury coming out of the Diakese fight ? No?

Hope Marcin takes this one, that unlucky bastard.

Loser leaves town bout, I have Held although he is very predictable

Held will be curse once again. He's winning nothing.

I thought teemu had a serious injury coming out of the Diakese fight ? No?
He had a torn MCL (IIRC) that looked way worse initially than it ended up being, so it only required a minor surgery and he could return to training 4 weeks later. Says it works just like before.

As for the match-up itself, I wouldn't underestimate Teemu's dynamic finishing skills and killer instinct against a fighter like Held who, although certainly is the better and more technical grappler, can tend to be a bit passive in his offensive output. If he gives Teemu too much space and allows him to get some 50/50 exchanges off, he could end up getting his bell rang one way or the other.

Teemu has a sizable reach and height advantage in this fight and his uppercut is arguably his strongest weapon on the feet, which works wonders against a grappling based, shorter fighter like Held who has to find a way inside. Packalen packs quite a lot of power for a lanky-looking hipster, so all in all, his threats on the feet shouldn't be overlooked, no matter the fact that he got blasted by Diakiese the way he did.

Also, a pretty funky statistic about Packalen that is worth mentioning is that whenever he took a guy down in his pre-UFC career, he finished the fight before either the guy could escape or the round ended. His elbows from the top are damn punishing.

If I didn't manage to sell him to you yet, here's Packalen vs Gouti for good measure:

Ps. I'm biased.

I really like held and I'm glad he is getting another fight. In another world he is 2-1 in the ufc as opposed to 0-3. So I'm hoping he can get the win here

Held's UFC run hasn't gone the way I thought it would.

Never expected him to potentially be on the chopping block in just his 4th fight in the promotion. I'm hoping my pick goes right this time and Held gets a solid win at home with a fine grappling display.

He had a torn MCL (IIRC) that looked way worse initially than it ended up being, so it only required a minor surgery and he could return to training 4 weeks later. Says it works just like before.

As for the match-up itself, I wouldn't underestimate Teemu's dynamic finishing skills and killer instinct against a fighter like Held who, although certainly is the better and more technical grappler, can tend to be a bit passive in his offensive output. If he gives Teemu too much space and allows him to get some 50/50 exchanges off, he could end up getting his bell rang one way or the other.

Teemu has a sizable reach and height advantage in this fight and his uppercut is arguably his strongest weapon on the feet, which works wonders against a grappling based, shorter fighter like Held who has to find a way inside. Packalen packs quite a lot of power for a lanky-looking hipster, so all in all, his threats on the feet shouldn't be overlooked, no matter the fact that he got blasted by Diakiese the way he did.

Also, a pretty funky statistic about Packalen that is worth mentioning is that whenever he took a guy down in his pre-UFC career, he finished the fight before either the guy could escape or the round ended. His elbows from the top are damn punishing.

If I didn't manage to sell him to you yet, here's Packalen vs Gouti for good measure:

Ps. I'm biased.

For similar bias reasons I hope you are right (he can find Helds chin while standing) but Held knew how to play the aggressive wrestling machine role in Bellator fights vs Sarnavskiy and Pitbull.....Teemu better not try to beat Held of his back or he is fucked.

Back