Marcelo Garcia Teaching in NYC

Makaveli45

White Belt
Reaction score
Marcelo Garcia will be teaching classes at NYBJJ Academy from Monday, October 12 through Thursday, October 15. Details at NYBJJ.com

From the NYBJJ Academy Press Release:

"We are also excited to announce that we have found a beautiful new location for the school right across the street, at 25 West 36th street on the 6th floor. Classes will begin at the new location 6pm on October 19th. We’ll have double the mat space, 4 gorgeous showers, a full locker room, and Marcelo Garcia teaching and training full time!

If you have any question please call us at (212)244-8500 or send us an email

Sincerely

NYBJJ Academy
[email protected]"

I've trained at NYBJJ, great school, everyone there was very friendly especially Marcos. Definitely a wonderful atmosphere to learn in.

ill be moving to brooklyn here in about a year and nybjj is by far the best school ive researched for the price imo and hopefully marcelo will still be there and the prices wont have increased that much by the time i get there..does anybody know if this is permanent or temporary?

So is Marcelo essentially buying all or part of NYBJJ? Or is Marcos bringing in Marcelo as an instructor? It sounds like Marcelo will be taking over as new owner and head instructor of NYBJJ

Anyone know what the status is of Marcelo's relationship with Alliance now?

As far as I know, he's Alliance through and through. Him, Gurgel, and Cobrinha were all super buddy-buddy at ADCC a few weeks ago... Why wouldn't he be good with Alliance when he's one of their top 3 competitors and their most popular?

As far as I know, he's Alliance through and through. Him, Gurgel, and Cobrinha were all super buddy-buddy at ADCC a few weeks ago... Why wouldn't he be good with Alliance when he's one of their top 3 competitors and their most popular?

I guess I was jumping to assumptions since NYBJJ is a Machado affiliate and I had heard some kind of rumors that there had been some drama when he left Fabio's place. I figured if he was going back to NYC there had to be a reason why he didn't go back to the Alliance facilities instead of a Machado place.

I guess I was jumping to assumptions since NYBJJ is a Machado affiliate and I had heard some kind of rumors that there had been some drama when he left Fabio's place. I figured if he was going back to NYC there had to be a reason why he didn't go back to the Alliance facilities instead of a Machado place.

My understanding is that there was never a problem with Alliance or Fabio Clemente. In fact Fabio Clemente wanted him to stay there but someone else (who is no longer affiliated with Alliance) wanted Marcelo out of New York which is why he had to leave for a while.

My understanding is that there was never a problem with Alliance or Fabio Clemente. In fact Fabio Clemente wanted him to stay there but someone else (who is no longer affiliated with Alliance) wanted Marcelo out of New York which is why he had to leave for a while.

But the question is, will Fabio now have his school lose people b/c Marcelo shows up in NYC? Is Marcelo technically teaching for Alliance? What's the affiliation?

I guess my question is... if he's affiliated with Machado's school, why is he competing on behalf of Alliance? Forgive my ignorance, but I wasn't aware that Machado is affiliated w/ Alliance.

what is the whole story behind Marcelo and the first time he was teaching in NYC? I recall reading bits and pieces of Josh Griffiths? of studio x kicking MArcelo out and the fallout but what happened and why? also, how much is the drop in fee at NYBJJ?

Back