Marcello Garcia Acadamy vs. Renzo Gracie Acadamy

Yeah, for those of you who don't live in NY you won't understand the prices.

The prices here are insane. I pay $180 a month for Renzo's, and it's honestly a decent price considering his location and space.

Of course it sucks to pay that much, but I expect no less training with the best and being in the city.

I'll be staying with Renzo unless there is some ridiculous difference in price, and even still I would probably stay. Training partners and instructors are phenominal, and the amount of classes gives you a nice variety to pick from time wise.

Tattooed said:
Then you either don't train or live somewhere in West Bumblefuck. By the way Alice in Chains rocks, I'm going to see them friday.

I live in Sweden, we have non-profit sports. Its awesome-o. Hell yes Alice in Chains rocks.

i'm only able to train at renzo's b/c i've been there for a few years now and "locked in" a price. I know someone who trains at fabio's and i'm actually paying the same as him for more training.

Eu estava incorrecto.. Disculpa-me!! Man I suck at portuguese.

colinm said:
check your pm
Dude clean out your box. I tried PMing you back but you got too much fanmail. Thanks for the correction!! CHEA!

Damn and I thought places in the San Francisco bay were expensive. Last time I checked at AKA it was $160/month for unlimited bjj and kickboxing. Ralph Gracie charges $150 for 3 times a week. Unlimited isn't that much more. I always wanted to check out how much fairtex costs, but never had the time. They don't list prices on their site.

Timbaland said:
Damn and I thought places in the San Francisco bay were expensive. Last time I checked at AKA it was $160/month for unlimited bjj and kickboxing. Ralph Gracie charges $150 for 3 times a week. Unlimited isn't that much more. I always wanted to check out how much fairtex costs, but never had the time. They don't list prices on their site.

Fairtex is about 130 per month for unlimited. It is a little cheaper if you buy a few months in bulk (3 or 4 month packages average out a little cheaper)

technically San Fran is the most expensive city in the world next to Moscow NYC is anked 5th I beleive, so then why is San Fran cheaper than NYC?

zenshin said:
technically San Fran is the most expensive city in the world next to Moscow NYC is anked 5th I beleive, so then why is San Fran cheaper than NYC?

Perhaps he was referring to real-estate.

I know about real-estate, and I know in NYC these days, you won't find a decent house for under 1.5 million. I gaurentee it. If you do, you are way ahead of the game.

Brooklyn said:
Perhaps he was referring to real-estate.

I know about real-estate, and I know in NYC these days, you won't find a decent house for under 1.5 million. I gaurentee it. If you do, you are way ahead of the game.
"Decent". Dude a decent house costs like 700k. A brownstone house (way beyond decent) will cost you from 1 million to 4 million.

Soid said:
"Decent". Dude a decent house costs like 700k. A brownstone house (way beyond decent) will cost you from 1 million to 4 million.
I heleive he is refering to Manhattan, not brooklyn

infamous mattyd said:
I heleive he is refering to Manhattan, not brooklyn
I believe he's referring to New York City.. because he err said "In NYC". I doubt you'll be finding many houses in Manhattan.. let alone downtown. STFU N00b BBQ! Fight me.

I've trained @ Renzo's for a time, and all the hype is definitely well warranted...gordhino (rafael) is def. 1 of the nicest guys ive ever met in the sport, John Danaher will stay with you and listen to everything you have to say till' you get it down and Magno follows that same trend... Rolles & Igor & the whole rest of the crew are nothing but top notch in every aspect. you def. get what you pay for.

I havent trained there in a couple of years because of work / schedule and the like, but last year, a close friend of mine told me about a place that had just opened up by him in Brooklyn, and ive been going there ever since...Gene Dunn is the Owner/chief instructor who is a black belt under Renzo. Most of the day to day teaching is done by Brian Glick, people who train regularly at Renzo's will probably know who he is, he's a brown belt under Renzo & John Danaher... its a great lil place, the curiculum is essentially the same as Renzo's and once a month we've been having black belt seminars taught by a guest teacher...in the past year we've had Ricardo Almeida, Rafael (gordhino), John Danaher, John Guiterrz and Sensei Gene himself has done a couple...

If anyone is interested the website is: www.brooklynbjj.com

Soid said:
I believe he's referring to New York City.. because he err said "In NYC". I doubt you'll be finding many houses in Manhattan.. let alone downtown. STFU N00b BBQ! Fight me.

I fuckin' dare you to find a decent piece of real estate these days that is under a million. Hell, they probably are, but as I said, they are very hard to find. If you do find one, it there is likely some sting attached, like the inheretence of an unpaid mortgage or some shit.

Brooklyn said:
I fuckin' dare you to find a decent piece of real estate these days that is under a million. Hell, they probably are, but as I said, they are very hard to find. If you do find one, it there is likely some sting attached, like the inheretence of an unpaid mortgage or some shit.
The house next to mine is going for 750 and even that's a lot. Unless you're talking about Carrol Street, and places in Carajoland than I'd agree but most houses aren't 3 stories and half a block. Shut up man.. here you go with your over-the-top statistics. SMH @ Whitebelt n00b. PWNED, GGTHNX NO RM

Back