Many consider Jones having the best fight IQ...

Yeah but he hasn't fought anyone as bad as Fujita in ages

That's why he's better than Fedor, because he hasn't had a single moment like that despite facing tons of better fighters than Fujita
Last time he fought someone close to that caliber, his nickname was "The Janitor". He wont get that low before his career is done. He's primetime.

yeah, so he beat a guy shittier than Fujita and that proves he wouldn't lose or get clipped by Fujita?

that doesn't make any logical sense.
No, Jon has fought numerous fighters better than Fujita and still hasn't been rocked once

That's the difference between the two.

Imagine Jon Jones getting finished three times in a row, one by a guy who wasn't even elite and one by a guy two weight classes smaller. LMAO

hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif

The GOAT Fight IQ goes to Mikhail Ilyukhin, & Im not even sure whether Im jokin´or not...

Last edited:
Was that a troll or are you serious?

i'm serious, OSP would get wrestlefucked by Fujita 50-45.

people act like Fujita is a can but in the UFC his skillset is even stronger than in Pride.

he has an iron chin, a good gas tank, and is pretty much the HW version of Ilir Latifi.

people act like Fujita is a can but in the UFC his skillset is even stronger than in Pride.

he has an iron chin, a good gas tank, and is pretty much the HW version of Ilir Latifi.
Do you agree with the OP regarding Jones not possessing the greatest fight IQ? Are you saying it's Fedor? Just wondering.

iron skull... fearless... GOAT Upset vs Kerr...

It's funny how the same people who dismiss Conor's success because of his "significant" reach advantages will ignore that same quality in someone they like and admire, like Jon Jones, and act like he's god's gift to fighting.

You can't say Jones has the best fight IQ because his size and reach advantages prevent him from ever needing to fight in that cerebral of a manner.

I would say GSP is pretty far and away the top fighter IQ. Jones may be second.

When you look at some of my posts, I clearly don't like Jones. But dude, his fight IQ is top 5. His setup to headkick DC in their 2 fight is a proves that.

I loathe Jon Jones, but I think his fight iq is extraordinary. You mentioned his natural assets/ advantages which are undeniable, but he has really good instincts about when to close range/ back off, pour it on/ back away. He mixes in "gadget/ gimmicky" moves with a lot of success as well. His fight IQ in some ways is what separates him from guys like OSP, who is different physically, but not THAT different.

*Greg Jackson having the best fight IQ...

Jon Jones is a perfect mould with extraordinary genetic disposition, having that ideal body structure like Anderson Silva and Ernesto Hoost... and then crafted by a great blacksmith Greg.

I too don't find his hands to be good, at all. Kicks are good, but that's it for fundamentals. His unorthodox techniques on the other hand... amazing.

Also, I wouldn't say he's this great improviser and adapter as much as he shows true grit and heart at times, as shown against Vitor, Gus and first DC fights. But that can be also attributed to banned substances... who can tell.

All in all, I can't stand the little privileged sociopath cunt, but to deny his talents is absurd.

1231627_534263456653465_1449401384_n.jpg

Can't wait for the rematch... WAR GUS!

Hard to tell which fighter has the best fight IQ. People will mostly note thos who win, because they usually have "fight IQ" + "natural abilities".

There might be some lower tier fighters that have great fight IQs but can't reach the top because they lack other aspects of the game.

Jones for sure is great at using his natural abilities to turn fights in his favour. Not a fan of his; but saying he's just oblique kicks and eyepokes is ridiculously reductive.

Back in the day, Saku was nicknamed the "IQ fighter", because he was able to come up with weird techniques and adapt his game in a way that allowed him to get victories or great matches against opponents way stronger than him

Jones probably has the most weapons in his arsenal than any other fighter in MMA and this allows him to adapt to any situation. Gus and DC primarily throw hands and it isn't enough against his 8 limbs attacks.

So using eye gouging tactics are ok with you? Go and recheck your morals before going into the real world because karma is waiting! Steroids and eye gouging is not hi IQ, it’s blatant cheating!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s completely a figment of children’s imagination! Here are the facts though from someone who knows about fighting a little:
Jones’ biggest assists are all based of off his long reach and leg reach also. He spams oblique kicks and also spams hands reach to keep his opponents worried about injuring either their eyes or knees! These are his main weapons and the rest are average like his striking and spinning elbows! That’s also why he didn’t do great against Gus who also uses eye pokes and reach to gain advantage, though Gus has better hands and Jones has better kicks! The X factor here is the juice! I guarantee you that if Jones fights clean, he will tire out by round 3 and get finished by 4! Everything else about IQ is an illusion because there is no way around eye gouging , especially with that extremely long reach! Debate please!

If reach was the reason Jones beat everyone...

325_Stefan_Struve_and_Daniel_Omielanczuk.0.0.jpg

Genki Sudo beat guys up attacking them backwards... He beat an Olympic Tae-Kwon-Do medalist in K-1 with his own (backwards) stand-up style that he invented himself. And he danced while doing it.

Also: Extending your fingers to keep distance is now illegal. Jones has fought once (I think) since the new rule was adopted... that could change things for him.

Edit: Semmy Schilt beat Mr. Perfect in kickboxing... no one believes it was due to his superior fight IQ. He just has too many natural advantages.

You guys all suck Jones’ balls! So using eye gouging tactics are ok with you? Go and recheck your morals before going into the real world because karma is waiting! Steroids and eye gouging is not hi IQ, it’s blatant cheating!!!!!!
We do? Pictures or it didn't happen.

Also, rule violations, eye pokes included, will continue until referees begin deducting points immediately. I'm with you on the issue of attacking the eyes, but it is a broader issue in the UFC than just Jon Jones. Similarly to Jones, DC seemed to poke Stipe in the eyes several times during their fight and it was essentially a nonissue for the referee.

Back