Manny Pacquiao says he is in talks to fight Lomachenko on April on ESPN

It would be a good way of raising Lomachenko's stock and it would probably make all parties (especially TR) a fair amount of money, but it doesn't seem very realistic. Pacquiao can still get paid relatively well fighting a scrub, and there does remain a bit of a risk to Lomachenko, as well, considering that Pacquiao has around 10 pounds on him and still has a bit of ability. I'd be surprised if it happens.

Dang why is Klimas sounded so scary as if this is the same Pac as before? Pac is not some massive monster and who cares they already discredit Loma for fighting Rigo bringing him up a class, beating a washed up drained Pacquiao will just make Lomachenko a huge house hold name, its like when people beat up on an old Ali they got hot for a minute, remember Leon Spinks he had a similar amount of fights as Loma and beat Ali and got super famous until he lost.

Klimas should look at this as an opportunity for his fighter to become famous and make that money, bring Pac down to like 138 or something.

I thought Oscar called out Manny and was ridiculed for calling out a small featherweigh tto move up, and it was 147 where did you get catch weight?

or are you using revisionist history?
The fight was at 145 catchweight. Google it.

Manny had to move up ten pounds to fight a hall of famer, balls of Steel.
No because Oscar was a walking zombie. Its more like he jumped up 10lbs to hit a boxing bag. Floyd fighting Oscar was more ballsy to me. Floyd fought at 140 a couple times. Fought at 147 a couple times then jumped straight up to 154 to fight Oscar on his terms. Fight night Floyd came it at 149 lol whilst Oscar was over 20lbs heavier. In the pac fight Oscar didn't rehydrate much.

The fight was at 145 catchweight. Google it.

After Cotto was defeated by Margarito, it was announced that De La Hoya and Pound For Pound superstar Manny Pacquiao had agreed to fight December 6, 2008 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas at the welterweight limit of 147 lbs. On August 28, 2008, a teleconference was held by Golden Boy Promotions to officially announce the fight.

Sweet baby Jesus, what a shit show that,d be.

Ugh, this fight.

Why?

Pac sucks now.

He isn't crafty or clever. He never could adjust during a fight. His footwork is good but he doesn't have the speed or endurance anymore. He is the kind of fighter that ages badly. He also has other shit going on in his life with being a public official. Horn should have been a wake up call. Mayweather could play with Horn, right now.

Thought he wanted to fight the best. Rigo jumped two weight classes and Pac is way past it.

Jusus Christ guys. You guys act like Pac is going to be fighting Crawford. I like is this fight. It's a good test for Loma and if he wins he gets another big name on his record. I think Manny can still bang a little. He's not as fast as he used to be but he is still fast enough to cause problems. And he might still have more pop than Loma. It has the potential to be a fun fight, IMO.

<NightKingBringIt>LET MANNY BANG BRO'S !!

Jusus Christ guys. You guys act like Pac is going to be fighting Crawford. I like is this fight. It's a good test for Loma and if he wins he gets another big name on his record. I think Manny can still bang a little. He's not as fast as he used to be but he is still fast enough to cause problems. And he might still have more pop than Loma. It has the potential to be a fun fight, IMO.

<NightKingBringIt>LET MANNY BANG BRO'S !!

I get the sentiment but Pac looked like pure shit in his last fight. He went all out in one round late and gassed so bad it looked like he was going die. Roach begged him to retire. Horn is a C-level club fighter at best and he took Pac to war no matter who anyone had winning the fight.

Is it possible that was an anomaly and Pac simply didn't train for a huge mismatch on ESPN because he thought it would be a blowout? Yeah it's possible. It is possible that he really did have a cold and serious jet lag which made him look like shit? Yup that might be true too. The thing is though that if neither of those things are true he's fucking done and Arum is turning his old war horse into glue so he can make more money off Loma in the future.

I think it will be a super fun fight no matter what version of Pac shows up but I also enjoyed seeing Marquez put Pac to bed. The question isn't if it will be a fun fight or not. The question is about the fact that Pac deserves better from the guy who spent the last 20 years making boatloads of money off his performances and why the fuck is he even still fighting at all.

Vasyl Lomachenko reacts to Pacquiao fight! "I will only fight Manny Pacquiao at 135!"

I get the sentiment but Pac looked like pure shit in his last fight. He went all out in one round late and gassed so bad it looked like he was going die. Roach begged him to retire. Horn is a C-level club fighter at best and he took Pac to war no matter who anyone had winning the fight.

Is it possible that was an anomaly and Pac simply didn't train for a huge mismatch on ESPN because he thought it would be a blowout? Yeah it's possible. It is possible that he really did have a cold and serious jet lag which made him look like shit? Yup that might be true too. The thing is though that if neither of those things are true he's fucking done and Arum is turning his old war horse into glue so he can make more money off Loma in the future.

I think it will be a super fun fight no matter what version of Pac shows up but I also enjoyed seeing Marquez put Pac to bed. The question isn't if it will be a fun fight or not. The question is about the fact that Pac deserves better from the guy who spent the last 20 years making boatloads of money off his performances and why the fuck is he even still fighting at all.

Lol, Manny fighting Loma is hardley throwing Manny to the wolves.Im curious. In your mind what fight would Arum make that would be better ??

{<huh} .

So this fight isn't happening, because I don't think Pacquiao is going down to 135, I seriously doubt he would still be strong at 135.

Lol, Manny fighting Lom is hardley throwing Manny to the wolves.Im curious. In your mind what fight would Arum make that would be better ??

{<huh} .

At 140, Pacquiao beats Loma, if the fight isn't fixed, I don't think in a million years Loma takes Pacquiao"s punching power at 140, pounds. There's no way in hell, Loma"s chin isn't that good and he's to small.

At 140, Pacquiao beats Loma, if the fight isn't fixed, I don't think in a million years Loma takes Pacquiao"s punching power at 140, pounds. There's no way in hell, Loma"s chin isn't that good and he's to small.

Loma would def be fighting off the back foot half the time. Manny always brings the flurries. And I don't think he has the power to drop him even if he caught him coming in. That said we might see some elements to Loma's game that we have never seen before defensively.

<seedat> .

After Cotto was defeated by Margarito, it was announced that De La Hoya and Pound For Pound superstar Manny Pacquiao had agreed to fight December 6, 2008 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas at the welterweight limit of 147 lbs. On August 28, 2008, a teleconference was held by Golden Boy Promotions to officially announce the fight.
Well whatever weight the fight was supposed to be at Oscar weighed in at 145 and pacquiao at 142. Fight night I think he only rehydrated a few pounds.

Well whatever weight the fight was supposed to be at Oscar weighed in at 145 and pacquiao at 142. Fight night I think he only rehydrated a few pounds.
but you were telling a dangerous lie, you claimed it was a catchweight of 145 you have to fact check, I guarantee you will continue telling that falsehood even after you were corrected because that is what you want to believe and told yourself is true and fits your narrative.

Dang why is Klimas sounded so scary as if this is the same Pac as before? Pac is not some massive monster and who cares they already discredit Loma for fighting Rigo bringing him up a class, beating a washed up drained Pacquiao will just make Lomachenko a huge house hold name, its like when people beat up on an old Ali they got hot for a minute, remember Leon Spinks he had a similar amount of fights as Loma and beat Ali and got super famous until he lost.

Klimas should look at this as an opportunity for his fighter to become famous and make that money, bring Pac down to like 138 or something.

Klimas sounds irritated because Pac is calling out a 130 pounder when he's at 147. He's saying that there were never any discussions with Pac about fighting Loma at all here. Of course Arum wants this fight for obvious reasons. He wouldn't want it if he and his matchmakers didn't think Loma could beat Pac in the first place. In other words, it was fake news from Pac. The source of this news is from Pac himself from the Philippines in Manila via ABS-CBN News (consider the source).

Klimas added that not only have there been no discussions for Pacquiao-Lomachenko, but that it flat out does not interest Lomachenko, as Pacquiao is “an old man and Lomachenko beating him takes him nowhere.”

So that’s probably that, at least for now. The more you add up Pacquiao’s comments and whatnot since losing to Jeff Horn, the more it comes off like a politician just making stuff up to get headlines.
Lomachenko’s manager: ‘No, we are not fighting Pacquiao’

Last edited:
but you were telling a dangerous lie, you claimed it was a catchweight of 145 you have to fact check, I guarantee you will continue telling that falsehood even after you were corrected because that is what you want to believe and told yourself is true and fits your narrative.
A dangerous lie? There's a difference between a lie and a mistake. I assumed if Oscar cut all the way down to 145 that it would be at 145. Why lose the extra 2 pounds if he didn't need to?

The narrative is that someone said it wasn't fair for Pacquiao to fight under 140 to face Loma yet Oscar dropped to 145 to fight Pacquiao. Whether the fight was at 145 or 147 is irrelevant because for Oscar it was still more weight to cut than Pacquiao will have to cut to fight Loma even if Pac had to get down to 135. So where is this bias agenda that you're trying to make out?

I said the same thing about Rigo. It made more sense for rigo vs loma to be at 126 than 130. In this case making loma jump up to 140 or over to face pacquiao is unfair. Making the fight at 135 is more reasonable because Pac is very light as it is. I'm sure that weight wouldn't be too difficult for both of them.

Lol, Manny fighting Loma is hardley throwing Manny to the wolves.Im curious. In your mind what fight would Arum make that would be better ??

{<huh} .

Like Freddie Roach said, Pac should fight Horn or retire.

Problem is Horn wouldn't go to Pac's homeland and Pac won't go back to Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome because Master Blaster runs Bartertown.

I am not a fan of Pacman but he certainly deserves a soft touch retirement fight. He's given his fans and enemies so many amazing fights for so many years. Asking him to fight someone he will probably lose to is 100% bullshit.

Back