Manny Pacquiao says he is in talks to fight Lomachenko on April on ESPN

What incentive is there for manny to fight anyone he chooses? He’s an atg like Tyson was before they settled down.

After not reading your wall of text, if I said Lennox is going to lose a couple by ko or wlad got his head kicked in when he facing a semi retired boxer.

If anyone wants cliff notes pac is good and old, lomachenko is the bad guy from terminator 2. I’m going to watch Rodney Mullen show his skillz and if you’re still fighting over it lord help you.

Not a bad fight, honestly. Yes I would rather see Loma against Garcia or Linares. But Manny is still good enough to be favored over anyone at 135-140 not named Garcia or Crawford. Actually wouldn't mind seeing Pac against Garcia. Obviously Crawford puts him to sleep.

It's just Arum keeping his money in house by letting his young lion eat the old one. It would be a great way to raise Loma's profile with casuals but I seriously doubt it will give Pacman the payday he should get for taking a retirement fight beating. Only upside for Pac is that Loma is no brain-wrecking killer(especially at 140)and he will likely just get clowned but not hurt.

It's basically like Pacman versus De La Hoya except this time Loma is Pacman and Pacman is De La Hoya.

No I don't want to watch this. My current fav fighter vs. my old fav fighter. I think Lomachenko boxes Pacs ears off and make him look rubbish. Not something I want to see happen to Pacquaio. I hope this fight doesn't happen.

Well, Pac just got roughed up by a glorified pub brawler (I don't disrespect Horn as I think he deserved the close win, BTW). He's a legend but he's got to earn something looking like a superfight.

Furthermore, to me it's a lose-lose situation. If Loma wins then Pac slides into the late RJJ category. I love the guy and I don't want to see it happening. If Pac wins, it's not a good thing for the future of this sport.

Just my opinion, though.

Well said. And me personally do not want to see this fight. 2 fighters I really enjoy to watch. Floyd can come back again. That is a fight I want to see.

Why?

Pac sucks now.

He isn't crafty or clever. He never could adjust during a fight. His footwork is good but he doesn't have the speed or endurance anymore. He is the kind of fighter that ages badly. He also has other shit going on in his life with being a public official. Horn should have been a wake up call. Mayweather could play with Horn, right now.

Why?

Pac sucks now.

He isn't crafty or clever. He never could adjust during a fight. His footwork is good but he doesn't have the speed or endurance anymore. He is the kind of fighter that ages badly. He also has other shit going on in his life with being a public official. Horn should have been a wake up call. Mayweather could play with Horn, right now.

Coming all the way from flyweight, he held a world title at 37 after tons of grueling fights. Of course he was over the hill then, but he's not the epitome of badly ageing fighters. He's just a fighter that got old.

Coming all the way from flyweight, he held a world title at 37 after tons of grueling fights. Of course he was over the hill then, but he's not the epitome of badly ageing fighters. He's just a fighter that got old.
also, before Pac fought Horn (I thought he won), he beat Vargas and Bradley, both of whom are good fighters. I doubt his next fight is Loma, it'll probably be Alvarado or Ponomarev, we'll see where he goes from there.

Either, you think Horn is the cat's meow or Pac is aging badly. It really is one or tge other.

Thought he wanted to fight the best. Rigo jumped two weight classes and Pac is way past it.

all Arum has to do to secure Loma wins easily, is give Manny a bit extra and Manny will go easy on Loma like the first Bradley fight, which I believe was fixed. Manny went easy and was too comfortable with the judges decision.

AT this stage I believe Loma wins it, Manny is too old, but he can still crack, but its bad for Top Rank if Manny wins, but its obvious Arum is trying to transfer the shine onto Crawford or Loma by using old Pacman name to get them notice.

Was it fair when Pacquiao fought Oscar at a catchweight of 145lbs? A guy that had been fighting at 160lbs?
I thought Oscar called out Manny and was ridiculed for calling out a small featherweigh tto move up, and it was 147 where did you get catch weight?

or are you using revisionist history?

I don’t think PAC has had his heart and mind 100% in training for quite some time. He’d be focused for a Loma fight would be my guess. I’d still favor him at 140 over anyone other than Garcia, Crawford or Lomachenko.

Egis Klimas, the manager of pound-for-pound king and junior lightweight world titleholder Vasiliy Lomachenko, on Wednesday shot down talk of Lomachenko taking on Manny Pacquiao in the spring. But the fighters' promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, left open the possibility of the bout happening at a later date.

"No, we are not fighting Pacquiao. Manny Pacquiao is calling out Lomachenko, who is three weight classes down the scale from him. Manny Pacquiao is 147 pounds and he's calling out Lomachenko, who is 130 pounds. That's insane," Klimas told ESPN.

Klimas added with a laugh: "The next thing you know, you'll have Gennady Golovkin calling out Lomachenko to fight. It would be like [light heavyweight titlist and Klimas client] Sergey Kovalev calling out to fight Manny Pacquiao. It's ridiculous."

Pacquiao said this week that he was in discussions for a fight with Lomachenko, according to a report by ABS-CBN, one of the major television networks in the Philippines, where Pacquiao serves in the senate.

"There are negotiations now about the No. 1 pound-for-pound, which is Lomachenko," Pacquiao said in an interview with ABS-CBN. "There are still talks on the weight, reducing the weight."

Klimas said that it is not true and that it's a fight that doesn't really interest Ukraine's Lomachenko.

"He's an old man and Lomachenko beating him takes him nowhere," Klimas said of Pacquiao. "If the fight happened they'll all say Lomachenko beat an old man and made him come down [in weight]."

Pacquiao (59-7, 38 KOs) turned 39 in December. Lomachenko (10-1, 8 KOs) will turn 30 next month.

"Look, we have our own agenda, our own road and our own plans. That's where we're going," Klimas said. "There's a lot of champions and good guys at 130 or 135 pounds. That's where we're going. Why isn't Pacquiao calling out [Terence] Crawford? Crawford is moving into Pacquiao's weight class. Why doesn't he call out [Mikey] Garcia, who is at 140?"

Lomachenko, a two-time Olympic gold medalist and one of the best amateurs in history, has won world titles in two weight classes and set various records on his way to those accomplishments. On Dec. 9, he easily defeated Guillermo Rigondeaux, making him quit after the sixth round of a one-sided fight. It was the first professional fight between two-time Olympic gold medal winners. Rigondeaux, who held a junior featherweight world title, moved up two weight divisions for the fight.

Klimas said Rigondeaux's rise in weight was not the same as Lomachenko being asked to move up to face Pacquiao, the only fighter in boxing history to win world titles in eight weight divisions.

"The difference is Lomachenko didn't call out Rigondeaux," he said. "Rigondeaux was willing and begging for the fight, so Lomachenko fought Rigondeaux. They had two gold medals each, they were both undefeated, and did that take Lomachenko somewhere? For Team Lomachenko, that fight didn't mean anything. He beat a small guy. Even if he beat Pacquiao, they'd say he beat an old guy who was basically retired. We want to fight active champions dominating their weight classes."

Arum told ESPN that while a Pacquiao-Lomachenko fight certainly won't take place in the spring, the door was open for it to happen down the road, at least after Lomachenko fights his next bout in April.

"We discussed at one point Manny and Lomachenko fighting, but Lomachenko's father [trainer Anatoly Lomachenko] said he didn't want him to jump up two divisions even though the fight would be at a catch weight of 140 pounds," Arum said. "His father said he wanted him to first go up to 135 pounds and then maybe they'd consider a fight with Pacquiao at 140 pounds later.

"The spring would be too premature, but certainly that's a fight that might be attractive down the road."

Arum said an alternative plan for Pacquiao is to fight the winner of the spring fight between welterweight titlist Jeff Horn (18-0-1, 12 KOs) and former undisputed junior welterweight world champion Crawford (32-0, 23 KOs), the 2017 ESPN.com fighter of the year. Pacquiao lost his welterweight world title to Horn by controversial decision in July in Horn's hometown of Brisbane, Australia, and Horn is obligated to next face Crawford in a mandatory defense.

But before Pacquiao might find himself in the ring with the Horn-Crawford winner, Arum said Pacquiao needed "a decent fight so he can demonstrate that he still has the ability to fight at the top level, and then we can do a big fight for him at the end of the year."

To that end, Arum said it is possible that Pacquiao could fight on the card with Horn-Crawford, which could take place either April 14 at Madison Square Garden in New York or on April 21 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Arum's preference is Las Vegas, but the date is an issue because of a potential NHL playoff game. He said if the date could be cleared of a playoff game, he would opt for the card in Las Vegas.

Arum declined to get into specifics about how Pacquiao would fight on the same card with Horn-Crawford, acknowledging that "Pacquiao don't fight on undercards."

"The ESPN guys know how to market and present events and they know how this will be handled," Arum said. "It won't be an undercard. It will be something very unique and when we do it, it will be appealing to everybody involved."

Arum said Horn-Crawford is "virtually done. It's not signed yet, but we hope it will be in the next week."

If Pacquiao fights on the same card with Horn-Crawford, the fight would probably go on ESPN PPV, Arum said. If Pacquiao isn't on the card, Horn-Crawford would air on ESPN, Arum said. He said he still needs to work through some particulars with Pacquiao, including an opponent.

"I may have to get on a plane and go to the Philippines," Arum said. "Maybe this weekend."
Manager: Vasiliy Lomachenko-Manny Pacquiao fight not happening in spring

I thought Oscar called out Manny and was ridiculed for calling out a small featherweigh tto move up, and it was 147 where did you get catch weight?

or are you using revisionist history?
you're right, though Manny was at LW at that point I believe. There was no catch weight (there was versus Cotto), he's probably reffering to the rehydration clause.

Fight ain't happenin' bros. At least not in the Spring. This was fake news from Pac-Man.

Oooooo boy. Pacman should retire. He must be getting a fat paycheck from Bob to take this one.

Manny might go the Roy Jones route and tarnish his longstanding, proud resume with a bunch of unnecessary losses at the end of his career.

Oooooo boy. Pacman should retire. He must be getting a fat paycheck from Bob to take this one.

Manny might go the Roy Jones route and tarnish his longstanding, proud resume with a bunch of unnecessary losses at the end of his career.

Last i read loma is saying there is nothing to gain by fighting him but that would be a crock of shit

Back