Manny Pacquiao-Amir Khan April 23rd

Yes he did have a serious injury but how many guys have fought on with a broken jaw not only to finish a fight but to win? I can think of half a dozen easily. Ortiz only had a few rounds to go and had an insurmountable lead.

Again if he didn't have a history of quitting it would be seen a little differently but giving up and giving a speech about how you don't deserve to take any punishment isn't something that fans forget.
The thing is, yes, he has quit in fights. But usually after taking pretty serious damage. If he hadn't made it to his feet against Maidana for example, I don't think people would hold that against him. Had he stayed down I think people would have excused him losing there. But instead he got to his feet and realized he was too fucked up to continue. I think his lack of heart is exaggerated a bit because he is sort of a dildo of a person.

you said fights where he looked good and Khan embarassed Collazo, who was coming off of a KO of Ortiz.
But we're talking about a potential Pacquiao fight. Some perspective is necessary.He may have looked OK against a guy who has shown inconsistency at his best but thats a long way from looking good enough to beat Pac.

I think Khan wins several rounds and then gets stopped. I guess that's not a shocking prediction for a Khan fight, but he always does well against other fighter who are used to being the fastest guy in the ring.

It's a pretty good fight, all things considered. I still have no idea what the plan with Horn was, but this should be a good fight and get both men paid quite well. I lean towards a late stoppage for Pacquiao, but I can see Pac with a lead in the late rounds taking his foot off the gas and letting Khan survive and go the rounds.

But we're talking about a potential Pacquiao fight. Some perspective is necessary.He may have looked OK against a guy who has shown inconsistency at his best but thats a long way from looking good enough to beat Pac.
Seeing how much the same version of Collazo gave Thurman so much trouble, while Khan easily handled him. I think it's a pretty good example.

that's fair. Khan doesn't deserve this but I think it's a decent fight in terms of how competitive it might look.

The thing is, yes, he has quit in fights. But usually after taking pretty serious damage. If he hadn't made it to his feet against Maidana for example, I don't think people would hold that against him. Had he stayed down I think people would have excused him losing there. But instead he got to his feet and realized he was too fucked up to continue. I think his lack of heart is exaggerated a bit because he is sort of a dildo of a person.

Ha! Yeah I agree with the sort of a dildo person thing.

Getting beat by Maidana was fine whether he was down on the canvas or on his feet. It was a great fight. I have no problem with someone quitting when they know it's over. The speech after is what changed everyone's opinion of him. Made it sound like he's more important than everyone else in boxing and that anyone who takes a beating and continues fighting is a stupid asshole. Again though you're right, he is just a kind of a prick and comes off as odd and unstable at the same time.

lol, Oscar picked Pac because he thought it'd be an easy win. The vast majority of the public agreed too. Pac beating Oscar was a shocker to most and started the PAcquiao era.
Pac doesn't owe Crawford anything. They don't even fight in the same weight class.

And Lomachenko demands Pac cut to 135. Lomachenko doesn't really want that fight.

There you go again. Yes he does. Right now they're too far apart. He just said in a new video in about 7-8 months. Want me to find it and link it? Lomachenko also never demanded Pac at 135. Pac stated that he could make 135 still and Lomachenko said that he'd move up to fight him. He's moving up anyway.

LOL @ lying about some "demand" that Lomachenko never even made.

Here is Lomachenko saying that he'd like to fight Pac in 8 months, 1 year max. He originally said in roughly a year before the Walters fight which was in November. At that time he only had 7 pro fights to his name, now he has 8, and he's still at 130 looking to move up after his next fight potentially. Fighting Pac is the first question asked at the beginning of this video that was posted 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:
How does khan keep getting theses big fights. I want to see him fight kell brook but khans doing everything he can to avoid it. Hope pacman puts him away but I feel it will be a decision win.

In reality though, who has actually "earned" a Pacquiao fight more than Khan? Brook was just knocked out and has a shallow resume. Crawford has never fought about 140. Thurman's resume is weak, Porter is hit and miss, Broner's resume is shit. Really, the only guy that has earned it more than Khan is Danny Garcia, but Danny Garcia already has a career path planned out for him and it does not seem to include Pacquiao.

In reality though, who has actually "earned" a Pacquiao fight more than Khan? Brook was just knocked out and has a shallow resume. Crawford has never fought about 140. Thurman's resume is weak, Porter is hit and miss, Broner's resume is shit. Really, the only guy that has earned it more than Khan is Danny Garcia, but Danny Garcia already has a career path planned out for him and it does not seem to include Pacquiao.

Crawford definitely has whether they hold it at 140 or 147. He's the lineal 140 pound champion. That's more significant than anything Khan has ever achieved and Crawford is unbeaten and entering his prime.

That doesn't mean Pacquiao should fight him as he's at the point of his career where he can fight anyone he wants without legitimate criticism being leveled at him. Still, Crawford is a better opponent than Khan from a competitive point of view. Khan is likely the better opponent from a financial point of view.

Thurman and Danny both favoring Khan in this fight.

There you go again. Yes he does. Right now they're too far apart. He just said in a new video in about 7-8 months. Want me to find it and link it? Lomachenko also never demanded Pac at 135. Pac stated that he could make 135 still and Lomachenko said that he'd move up to fight him. He's moving up anyway.

LOL @ lying about some "demand" that Lomachenko never even made.
Lomachenko has said specifically, Pac at 135 only.

Pac just says what people want to hear. He said for years he was going to 140 too but instead fought 140 pounders at 147. He's not cutting to 135 for Lomachenko, thats a ridiculous notion.

Lomachenko has said specifically, Pac at 135 only.

Pac just says what people want to hear. He said for years he was going to 140 too but instead fought 140 pounders at 147. He's not cutting to 135 for Lomachenko, thats a ridiculous notion.

Let's look at the timeline chronologically to hear what was said by both

First of all, there's never been any formal talks or "serious discussion" about this fight, per Lomachenko when he was asked in another interview later. Arum naturally wants to see them fight. Months back, Pac told Fight Hype that he could still make 135, which he also told them a year prior and was reminded of. This interview with Manny is what got the rather premature Pac-Loma talk started in the first place. So, Fight Hype reminded Manny what he had told them before and Pac confirmed that he could still make 135 when asked about fighting Lomachenko specifically at that weight. Pac said that when he eats regularly/normally (less rice) he's only about 140 to 141 pounds. Lomachenko is around 138 in shape and about 140 when he's not scheduled for a fight.

This is the initial video interview dated October 26th, 2016 that Pac gave to Fight Hype

Days later, Loma was asked about fighting Pac by Fight Hub TV. He was told by Fight Hub TV that Arum said Pac would come down to 135 for him and he raises his eyebrows, gladly surprised and intrigued. He answers in English and says that if it's at 135 then "it's good", he's in. When asked about if he could do it at 140, he said "140 is not my weight". He then gives a timetable of about 1 to 1½ years due to him having Walters as his next opponent at the time and still looking to title hunt at 130, looking to settle unfinished business with Salido, etc. But, most recently, he said in about 8 months to a year to fight Pac is doable in the video that I posted to respond to your claim. Loma said that fighting Mikey Garcia is more realistic in that vid I posted because he'd only have to move up one division and he's already planning to move up to 135 anyway.

This video response interview is dated November 1st, 2016 that Loma gave to Fight Hub TV

Word got back to Roach through the media that Loma was interested in fighting Pac down the line at 135. Roach and Arum both agreed that Pac could make the weight but Roach didn't recommended it, wisely, and said Loma would only get the fight if it's at 140. Pac is the A-side and his team gets the final say. Nobody would want to see a drained 135 pound Pac fighting Lomachenko anyway. It's either at 140 or they don't fight at all.

Lomachenko never made any demands, he simply stated that he could meet Manny at 135 down the line after being told that Manny would come down to Lightweight just to fight him, per Arum. Bob either outright lied or he misunderstood what Manny said about being able to make 135 for them to conceivably meet. Loma is interested in fighting Pac, Pac is interested in fighting him. Arum's grand plan is for them to fight at the end of the year but it'll likely be early-to-mid 2018. His agenda isn't secret. He wants to see the torch passed to Lomachenko or Crawford, in that order.

Last edited:
Maidana is tough but who hasn't made Ortiz quit?

Feather-fisted Joseito Lopez made him quit on his stool. Collazo made him decide to not to try to get up. Berto erased his soul. Hell even Floyd put his ass to sleep.

Ortiz is not quite the poster child for heart in the game of boxing.
Ummm he beat Berto.
Wasnt his jaw broken against Lopez?
Collazo, a tko is a tko, it happens.

And you guys can stop with the Loma, or Crawford either versus Pacquiao. After Khan (which looks to Arum like an easy go at a name guy); Manny will not fight a young live champion like Crawford or Loma at all at this point of his career. Its just stupid, Manny will lose to both, if he even gets by Khan. Khan will be his last real competitive fight against a contender. But of course thats if common sense prevails. He fights either of those guys, he will lose and maybe embarrassingly. Manny's got nothing else to do in boxing...

Let's look at the timeline chronologically to hear what was said by both

First of all, there's never been any formal talks or "serious discussion" about this fight, per Lomachenko when he was asked in another interview later. Arum naturally wants to see them fight. Months back, Pac told Fight Hype that he could still make 135, which he also told them a year prior and was reminded of. This interview with Manny is what got the rather premature Pac-Loma talk started in the first place. So, Fight Hype reminded Manny what he had told them before and Pac confirmed that he could still make 135 when asked about fighting Lomachenko specifically at that weight. Pac said that when he eats regularly/normally (less rice) he's only about 140 to 141 pounds. Lomachenko is around 138 in shape and about 140 when he's not scheduled for a fight.

This is the initial video interview dated October 26th, 2016 that Pac gave to Fight Hype

Days later, Loma was asked about fighting Pac by Fight Hub TV. He was told by Fight Hub TV that Arum said Pac would come down to 135 for him and he raises his eyebrows, gladly surprised and intrigued. He answers in English and says that if it's at 135 then "it's good", he's in. When asked about if he could do it at 140, he said "140 is not my weight". He then gives a timetable of about 1 to 1½ years due to him having Walters as his next opponent at the time and still looking to title hunt at 130, looking to settle unfinished business with Salido, etc. But, most recently, he said in about 8 months to a year to fight Pac is doable in the video that I posted to respond to your claim. Loma said that fighting Mikey Garcia is more realistic in that vid I posted because he'd only have to move up one division and he's already planning to move up to 135 anyway.

This video response interview is dated November 1st, 2016 that Loma gave to Fight Hub TV

Word got back to Roach through the media that Loma was interested in fighting Pac down the line at 135. Roach and Arum both agreed that Pac could make the weight but Roach didn't recommended it, wisely, and said Loma would only get the fight if it's at 140. Pac is the A-side and his team gets the final say. Nobody would want to see a drained 135 pound Pac fighting Lomachenko anyway. It's either at 140 or they don't fight at all.

Lomachenko never made any demands, he simply stated that he could meet Manny at 135 down the line after being told that Manny would come down to Lightweight just to fight him, per Arum. Bob either outright lied or he misunderstood what Manny said about being able to make 135 for them to conceivably meet. Loma is interested in fighting Pac, Pac is interested in fighting him. Arum's grand plan is for them to fight at the end of the year but it'll likely be early-to-mid 2018. His agenda isn't secret. He wants to see the torch passed to Lomachenko or Crawford, in that order.

I get the feeling Lomo walks around 140-145 anyways.

I get the feeling Lomo walks around 140-145 anyways.

I think that's about right. I saw video clips on YouTube recently of him starting to prepare for Sosa to start camp. He honestly looked about 145 so he's probably starting to slowly bulk up for the move to Lightweight. In the clips I mentioned he's carrying more mass around and it's definitely not fat.

Back