Manny/Khan deal dead says Arum.

Will Bob go to bed already?

What do you mean, how so?

The confusion surrounding Pac's next fight is ridiculous. Trying to match him with Horn, who nobody cares about, then allowing this Khan debacle to occur is embarrassing for a promoter with 50 years experience. He tries to pass the blame along to Manny and Koncz, but I don't really buy that. Arum should have a better grip on his own promotion.

The confusion surrounding Pac's next fight is ridiculous. Trying to match him with Horn, who nobody cares about, then allowing this Khan debacle to occur is embarrassing for a promoter with 50 years experience. He tries to pass the blame along to Manny and Koncz, but I don't really buy that. Arum should have a better grip on his own promotion.
Hmm, thing is that announcement was never from Top Rank. How's he gonna put a gag order on his #1 guy? He cant revoke his twitter account. He cant stop him from calling Amir Khan and saying lets do this, while Khan says, cool Im in. The onus was on Manny to keep his trap shut and introduce whomever those guys were to Top Rank and see if a deal could get done. Manny fucked it up, trying to be a businessman.

AFAIK, the story goes, Manny came up to him (Arum) saying he was contacted direct by some guys in Dubai that offered to pay him $38M to fight Khan there. Arum said "whatever, you and Koncz let me know when/if details materialize, while I work on stuff thats real for your next couple fights." Next thing you know Manny is all over ig and twitter saying he's fighting Khan in Dubai... follow the timeline and you'll see Bob Arum said immediately that announcement was bullshit. The announcement got some traction in the media, (like it did here) and Arum probably tried to reach out and get a deal done for the sake of reputation and those dudes were nowhere to be found. Hence the deal is dead announcement from the man himself...
Not sure how much control one can have over that scenario. Between two adults in business there needs to be an understanding of decorum in how we are gonna proceed in negotiations and in media/public announcements. Im sure Top Rank has their format, and it sounds like Manny got ahead of himself and ignored the TR process.
Cant really blame that on Arum. He cant control the free will of other people, he can only suggest what to do and what not to do.

Some arab must have done some fraud for setting this shit up. I Guarantee it...

Hmm, thing is that announcement was never from Top Rank. How's he gonna put a gag order on his #1 guy? He cant revoke his twitter account. He cant stop him from calling Amir Khan and saying lets do this, while Khan says, cool Im in. The onus was on Manny to keep his trap shut and introduce whomever those guys were to Top Rank and see if a deal could get done. Manny fucked it up, trying to be a businessman.

AFAIK, the story goes, Manny came up to him (Arum) saying he was contacted direct by some guys in Dubai that offered to pay him $38M to fight Khan there. Arum said "whatever, you and Koncz let me know when/if details materialize, while I work on stuff thats real for your next couple fights." Next thing you know Manny is all over ig and twitter saying he's fighting Khan in Dubai... follow the timeline and you'll see Bob Arum said immediately that announcement was bullshit. The announcement got some traction in the media, (like it did here) and Arum probably tried to reach out and get a deal done for the sake of reputation and those dudes were nowhere to be found. Hence the deal is dead announcement from the man himself...
Not sure how much control one can have over that scenario. Between two adults in business there needs to be an understanding of decorum in how we are gonna proceed in negotiations and in media/public announcements. Im sure Top Rank has their format, and it sounds like Manny got ahead of himself and ignored the TR process.
Cant really blame that on Arum. He cant control the free will of other people, he can only suggest what to do and what not to do.

I guess there's some truth to that, but would Manny be taking calls if Arum set him up with a better event than Joe Horn? All those options, and that is his choice?

I guess there's some truth to that, but would Manny be taking calls if Arum set him up with a better event than Joe Horn? All those options, and that is his choice?
Haven't we been talking about how Top Rank was running out of options for over a year now?
Plus Joe Horn is a safe KO victory in the Twilight of Manny's illustrious career. He doesn't need to fight Top 5 contenders anymore.

If Arum had Pac's interest atm, he'd try to make the fight for the UK. Where the gate and sponsorship would be huge. Instead we're hearing about this Jeff Horn fight which will struggle on PPV in the US, and won't make nearly as much in Australia as it would in the UK.

My feeling is he's intentionally trying to sabotage the Pac-Khan fight to force Pacquiao to headline that garbage April 22 card he's putting on PPV which HBO passed on. That way he gets people to buy a Horn fight and the April card which nobody cared about.

I hope Pac sees thru this and passes on Jeff Horn. That shits a flop.

Back