Manly vs. Metro

Really? I didn't know that, it's interesting. Do you have any sources explaining why?

i would speculate its because less blood rushing to their heads. that is at least what an article said about two pilots in ww2 who lost their legs. i am also sorry about having no source I'll probably try to track it down later.

JauntyAngle said:
I understand that female fighter pilots are able to resist losing consciousness during high-g maneuvers than male fighter pilots. Something to do with having smaller bodies on average. But that's a very useful attribute for a fighter pilot.

Really? I didn't know that, it's interesting. Do you have any sources explaining why?

They just pretend they're giving birth. Problem solved.

That's quite surprising to me. I would expect tests for vision (static/dynamic visual acuity, distance perception, etc.), reaction time and hand-eye coordination to be of fundamental importance.

You tested for a fighter pilot? Tell us the story; when was that, how did it go?

That's a pretty cool game, btw. I really liked it when I first played it.

It should be noted that vision and hearing were tested as well, and also physical attributes.

I was going into the military service (mandatory) in 2000 and they have some side tests that you can choose to do if you're interested - telegraphing, mechanical aptitude, stuff like that. So I did those, and one of the tests was to see if you were eligible for fighter pilot training (although that training would take part after the service itself). Nothing special, and I ended up not having to do military service at all though that particular test went very well for me.

1)And not being old enough has stopped teens from drinking before
2)Your right meant to put it under metro

1) Good point, I drank more as a teen than I did when I was actually 21. :icon_chee
2) Makes sense now.

No, sorry.. I got that from a documentary on TV about fighter pilot training that I saw a long time ago. Apparently they put them in centrifuges in order to help them train their resistance to high-Gs, and the guy in charge of the training said that women usually have significantly higher resistance. They mentioned an explanation (which I don't recall other than being related to having smaller bodies) but I don't recall if they mentioned how they arrived at that explanation.

Edit- a bit of Googling turned up this article:

The Aviatrix in Military Aviation

I don't know if 'Air and Space Power Journal' is peer-reviewed, but the article seems quite well prepared and properly referenced. It mentions that in some G-force resistance type exercises, female subjects to outperform male subjects, but that the explanatory variable is size not gender (once size is controlled for, women perform no better). It doesn't explain the physiology, but one of the references might give a clue.

Last edited:
^ Thanks, that was an interesting article. I only skimmed through it, but if I'm reading it correctly, it doesn't say that women have a higher G tolerance than men due to their smaller size, it says that because of their smaller size they have equal G tolerance (otherwise, they would have a slightly lower tolerance):
[...] "if the height difference between women and men as a group were eliminated, women’s G tolerance would be lower then men’s" (Gillingham et al. 1986). Thus, a woman’s G tolerance was found to be about

^ Thanks, that was an interesting article. I only skimmed through it, but if I'm reading it correctly, it doesn't say that women have a higher G tolerance than men due to their smaller size, it says that because of their smaller size they have equal G tolerance (otherwise, they would have a slightly lower tolerance):

No, you're right. Looks like I was misreading it. One key line is

The research showed that the women

Manly:
1. I drink milk out of the jug
2. Walk in my boxers around the house
3. My greatest join in life is pulling off beautiful executed wrestling throws and watching my opponent hit the mat
4. drive a stick shift
5. i welcome any sort of confrontation

Metro
1. I have a pair of "slim" straight legged jeans
2. I own a pink highlighter that I don't mind using when going through notes
3. I've done a yoga class
4. I once told a girl I loved her

How things have changed lol.

Most of the “metro” lists: I like to dress nice, take care of my appearance, and cook.

My sad metro side
3. I regularly watch Age Of Empires 2 tournaments and games online.
That's not metro, that's nerdy. And autism is the most masculine trait of all.
malebrain1.jpg

I didn't realize basic grooming was metrosexual. All you motherfuckers should be cleaning up your unibrows and pubes. That's for picking up females, and nothing is more masculine than trying to fuck women.

That said my most metro side is probably my taste in music. I'd rather listen to Adele and Sam Smith than something hardcore or gangster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back