Manly vs. Metro

Go to a metal festival, and you'll probably find a lot of beer-swilling, bearded, tattooed guys in leather jackets and meshuggah shirts. I think culture-wise, extreme metal and plain old hard rock have more in common than not.

People who go to metal festivals here are oftentimes long-haired dudes, sometimes have beards, sometimes have tattoos, always drink beer.

They do fit the profile you described in previous post, but the also fit the profile I described. As a teenager I had long hair, drank beer and might have grown a beard if I could, but that and listening to metal did not make me manlier in any way.

Last edited:
How does my post imply I'm a douchebag? If you mean I'm estatting than you're wrong.

I think what he's trying to say is that you haven't really caught on to how the world works yet, possibly too caught up in 'teenage world' or 'Hollywood world', in a couple or maybe a few years you will look back and say, 'OOOOOOOOOOOH!'.

I don't mean this in a negative way, however, I imagine you will likely see it as one regardless. :icon_chee

Whether you are a "man" or "metro***," you are also a douchebag.

Or maybe I was the same at 14. But God I hope not.

he's just a regular 14 year old. well actually a regular 14 year old now a days.

People who go to metal festivals here are oftentimes long-haired dudes, sometimes have beards, sometimes have tattoos, always drink beer.

They do fit the profile you described in previous post, but the also fit the profile I described. As a teenager I had long hair, drank beer and might have grown a beard if I could, but that and listening to metal did not make me manlier in any way.

Confused now - you stated that I was describing a biker/hard-rock culture and not a metal culture. I only stated that I was describing both, as they have a lot in common.

Whether you think the culture is manly or not is up to you - my first post on that subject was that it does embody many traditionally manly attributes, such as beards, bikes and beer.

I don't think it's all that manly to listen to any particular kind of music. I actually don't really believe in the concept of manliness anymore, for the reasons stated previously in the thread by others.

Math can be pretty attractive:

Functionalwoman.png

Is she counting her pubes?

Yea i just wear flip-flops cause they're comfortable and easy to take on and off...

I guess another one
manly:
-The only collared shirt i wear on a regular basis is a long sleeve 100% wool plad shirt.

Metro:
-I enjoy anime

Straight!
- I have guns, and they're always loaded.
- I love beer.
- I often think about blowing shit up.
- I squat/deadlift and laugh at the pussies who don't.
- I have threatened to cut out guy's eyes with a butter knife, and ship them to his mother if he didn't stop starring at my wife while we were sitting at a stop light. *creepy dude*
- I love cars that take a 1/4-1/2 inch of tread off just getting out of first and second gear.
- I am faithful to my wife, but check out almost all girls asses and boobs when walking by. :icon_lol: (can't help it)

Queer?
- I judge guy's appearances.
- I bitch about women who wear too much make-up.
- I watch chick flix with the wife, and often like them.
- Every now and then I just want to cry because life is hard.
- I shave my armpits and chest.
- I wear aeropostale cologne.
- I use to pay $30 every 3 weeks to get a haircut.

Manly:
I lift heavy
I enjoy strongman workouts
I can't stand to get things wrong(Have spent 3 hours on 1 math problem I messed up before)

Metro:
I shave from the balls up
I lift for aesthetics as much as I do strength
Worry about the scale
I think Greg Plitt and ZYZZ are awesome
Don't drink

Last edited:
1.) You don't look old enough to drink from your avi.
2.) How the hell is not drinking manly?

Drinking is a universal pleasure, enjoyed by Seal team 6 and cocksucking hair dressers, alike.

Confused now - you stated that I was describing a biker/hard-rock culture and not a metal culture. I only stated that I was describing both, as they have a lot in common.

Whether you think the culture is manly or not is up to you - my first post on that subject was that it does embody many traditionally manly attributes, such as beards, bikes and beer.

I don't think it's all that manly to listen to any particular kind of music. I actually don't really believe in the concept of manliness anymore, for the reasons stated previously in the thread by others.

Ι can see why my two posts confused you. You think that first I said what you are describing is a biker/hard-rock profile, but then I said people in metal concerts fit the profile but that doesn't mean much.

In the first post I was referring to the "mental aspect" of biker culture vs. metal culture and on the second I was referring strictly to the "looks" part. I can see how that came out confusing. My bad.

If you "don't believe in the concept of manliness anymore" (whatever that means), I guess there's no point arguing about it anymore either.

Manly:
-I powerlift
-I train to compete in mixed martial arts
-I do drag sleds with my shirt off on the local track
-I consume more than double the calories the average mortal eats
-I drive a '67 Camaro I built with my dad
-I also drive a Bullitt Mustang
-I've gone bungee jumping, because, why not, that's why
-I thrive in nature
-I can grill like a mofo

Metro:
-I have long, silky hair that many women have expressed envy over
-I work on getting tans (the natural way... that balances it, right??)
-I enjoy chick flicks (Enchanted, Hitch, What Women Want --I love those movies)
-Beauty and the Beast is the superior Disney movie due to it's songs
-I thought Tangled was hilarious
-I enjoy expression through dance
-I've taken yoga, ballet, and gymnastics if I could
-I get cold easy
-I cry during sad movie scenes
-I heard a Glee version of a song and have been addicted to that version

If you "don't believe in the concept of manliness anymore" (whatever that means), I guess there's no point arguing about it anymore either.

Guess not :D

I believe that there are traditionally manly values, and that adhering to those is a lot of fun but not exactly gender-related.

Back