Mania 33 - List your fav match - biggest surprise - biggest disappointment

GtehMVP

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Goldberg/Lesnar. What a great match! It felt like a big fight befitting two powerhouses. I wish it closed the show, but considering Goldberg's age, their previous match and Taker retiring, I don't blame WWE.

Three things stand out for me... Goldberg's surprise spear after a couple of suplexes, Goldberg's spear through the barricade and Brock's leapfrog. This was the perfect power move match, executed to perfection!

Obviously the Hardy's coming was a great surprise even though there were rumors. They swerved me when New Day came out but then... My biggest surprise though was how great the Shane/AJ match was. Shane had that big spot against Taker, but the match was awful overall. Shane didn't have a huge spot here, but really held his own wrestling wise. EVen some of his punches looked ok lol. Aj was money as usual, but he didn't have to carry Shane like I thought he would. What a great show opener!

Biggest disappointment for me was Bray/Orton. I thought the projection was pretty weak, but Randy winning was terrible. Who wants to see him as champ? And people wonder why WWE can't create new stars. I hope Bray goes to RAW, would love a broken Hardy/Bray feud!

How the hell can maggots and bugs not have any affect on the Bray/Orton match? What was the point?

Reigns winning and retiring the Deadman was my moment of the card.

Hardy's was obviously the surprise of the night.

Shane/Styles was the match of the night for me. I also thought that the Jericho/KO match was good as well.

The Hardy's coming back was the moment of the night for me. The pop that they got from the crowd was insane, Jeff hitting the swanton bomb brought back memories of the WM17 TLC match. Have mix feeling about them winning the title, but o well I can live with it.

There were a few disappointment for me throughout the night. The Bray/Orton match was a little lackluster. I did enjoy Bray entrance though. The smack down's woman's title match was very disappointing, how are they going to moved them up to the main card only to give them a 6 min match. Should have kept them on the kickoff show if that was the case. Reigns/Undertaker match was a mix bag for me. there was some good spots, but you could tell the Undertaker was gassed as hell, he really looked his age in that match. I don't mind that Reigns won and Undertaker put him over, I just wish it would have been someone else that retired the undertaker. Like triple H.

Overall, the show started off good but seem to lose steam towards the end.

Brock vs Goldberg was the best thing on the show...honestly was a pretty weak Mania...almost everything was a let down except the aforementioned match and the stuff like the Smackdown Women's match which you knew was going to suck beforehand.

Solid show but nothing was great, match-wise.

Brock-Goldberg probably takes it but Styles-Shane was really good too. Everything else other than the final two matches was good.

Brock-Goldberg surprised me by being decent.

Hardys coming back, while I kinda knew it may happen, was nonetheless a big mark-out moment for me.

Seth/HHH and Taker/Reigns were disappointing, but not overly as I kinda figured they would be meh.

Was most disappointed by how meh Owens/Jericho was, really, they deserved better.

Shane/AJ was the best match.

Overall, I enjoyed 'Mania, but goddam it was way too long. You don't need THAT much on one card.

Bray losing was straight hot steaming bullshit. Orton is stale and a robotic. Especially in the build up for this match. I thought Styles/Shane was a waste of a mania moment for AJ. I was wrong. Shane had one of his best matches ever. I cant remember a match of Shanes where it was more about wrestling and less about the spot monkey bullshit.

Neville vs Aries was my fav, Hardy Boys a close second

I wanted Bray to retain

KO vs. Jericho was my favorite match. I liked the suddenness of the end. That apron powerbomb has been very well protected.

Best moment was the Hardy Boyz appearance. It was talked about so much that I actually started to doubt it and thought they'd hold them off to Raw. When New Day came out I thought for a moment they were just going to interject themselves into the match, so the Hardy's coming out got me. They looked really good, got a monster pop, and that match was my second favorite of the night. Really good stuff.

Biggest surprise was just how bad Roman/Taker was. Roman's matches post-WM 30 weren't amazing, but were all way better than WM 30. Last year was a train wreck in the cell with Shane, but was fun. I thought Roman would be able to carry Taker to a better last match, but it was like he was wrestling a 300 pound bag of sand in there at time. The dropoff of Taker even from just last year was astounding.

Biggest disappoint was Bray losing clean the way he did. What a waste.

cena proposing to nikki was the shock of the night for me. i almost cried at how sweet it was. they also put on the match of the night with Miz and Maryse

Wyatt/Orton made zero sense. Hell, Randy never sold the projections. The ref did better selling of that shit than he did.
Best part was the ladder match which includes the surprise of the night of the Hardys coming in.
The Goldberg Lesnar match was great compared to their WM 20 match and wasn't the steaming pile of shit it's predecessor was.
The most depressing part of the night was Undertaker's exit. It was the end of an era and he was the true Mr. WrestleMania.

Shane and AJ was best match since all the matches use the same formula now. Hardys showing up best and only surprise. Vince's boyfriend going over Taker is the most sickening moment in professional wrestling history. Taker deserves some hate for agreeing to job to that steroid bitch. Lesnar shooting on Reigns is the only thing I want to see.

I think Aries / Neville might have been the best match of the night.

Biggest surprise was the entertainment value of Brock/Goldberg.

Biggest disappointment was the zero payoff for Bray's maggot thing.

Goldberg vs. Brock was a very pleasant surprise. It wasn't long, or technical. It was train wreck and was booked perfectly. Loved every second of it.

Bray vs. Orton was disappointing, but I saw it coming. Randy Orton didn't seem to be feeling it at all, and Bray has yet to deliver a great match in a big situation.

Tiny blonde security guardette tackling Gronk was my highlight

Back