Manager: Vitor Belfort interested in fights with Wanderlei Silva, Chael Sonnen

AGEZ909

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
  • It seems like Vitor Belfort won’t retire after all, and his team already has plans for his future in the sport after UFC 212.
  1. “The Phenom” recently said he will "continue competing" after the last bout of his contract with the UFC, his upcoming clash with Nate Marquardton June 3 in Rio de Janeiro. His manager Gustavo Lacerda has some options in mind for the Brazilian.

Lacerda told MMA Ganhador podcastthat Belfort wasn’t so excited anymore about fighting in the past, but "he lit up his fire again,” and that explains his change of heart about retirement.

"Technically and physically, Vitor has full conditions to continue fighting,” Lacerda said. "Of course, he has the hormonal deficiency everybody knows… But I think he lit up his fire again. We’ll go fight by fight. First, we’ll think about his fight with Nate Marquardt, and then we have more good things ahead."

According to the manager, several promotions reached out to Belfort’s team during his UFC run, asking how long his contract with the company was. Days away from becoming a free agent, “The Phenom’s" team revealed interest in fights with two fighters who are currently under contract with Bellator.

"What I think it’s possible to imagine is: what does the MMA fan wants?” Lacerda said. "He wants to see Vitor vs. Wanderlei (Silva), wants to see Vitor vs. (Chael) Sonnen. He wants these type of fights. And it’s the type of fights that interests us. Vitor doesn’t need to prove anything regarding to ranking or title. The idea is to have fights that are interesting. Interest the fans, and interest the fighter."

"I’m particularly crazy to see Vitor vs. Wanderlei,” he continued. "It’s a fight I pay to see. There are fights people want to see, and those are the fights that are interesting. Where it will be, and how it will be, I can’t say anything right now. But they might happen."

Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnenare set to headline Bellator’s upcoming event at New York’s Madison Square Garden on June 24.

Belfort, who knocked out “The Axe Murderer” in 44 seconds in UFC’s first trip to Brazil in 1998, was scheduled to face both fighters in the Octagon in the past few years. However, both fights fell apart when Belfort broke his hard prior to his rematch with Silva in 2012, and Sonnen failed a drug test in 2014.

Manager: Vitor Belfort interested in fights with Wanderlei Silva, Chael Sonnen

Can you imagine Bellator getting both Moose and Vitor?

Can you imagine Bellator getting both Moose and Vitor?
It could honestly be cyborg, mousasi, and vitor by the end of the year.

Me thinks Gerard stays with the UFC though. Don't think he is worth over 400k to bellator (he was on 200/200 with the ufc)

Last edited:
the ultimate PED fighting championships!

im down.

if you test positive for herpes, you should only be chillin with people who test positive for herpes

I feel pretty good Gegard resigns with the UFC.

Belfort I can see all day long heading to Bellator. Cyborg, she is her own worse enemy so I don't know what to think of her or where she fights.

TRT Vitor vs Manhoef in Bellator.

<{JustBleed}>

Silva vs Belort 2 would've been fantastic....but Silva got run over by a truck and he's no longer a fighter.

At traditional karate schools, you're taught to block, wobble or parry when you are to face strikes or other forms of physical attacks. In MMA, you're not doing this. You will shoot in at the same time your opponent throws punches and kicks and take the guy down while taking hits. Years and years of MMA training make you so arrogant and brainless that you don't try your best to protect yourself when it is absolutely necessary in the ring or outside. Your will to fight killed your instinct or alert system your body naturally possesses. This results in so many traffic accidents involving MMA fighters and practitioners around the world. Silva could have avoided getting hit if he was not a MMA fighter.

Hope to see Vitor fighting in Bellator and Rizin soon

The return of TRT Vitor would be amazing. Spinning head kicks bro!

Vitor is about sport not show so he'll got to Bellator where its all about sport and not show. :)

Love to see him get beat up by old dudes. Always up for another Vitor loss.

Yeah. Thats what we fookin want!

Cro Cop
Fedor
Silva
Sonnen
Belfort
Hunt

They have to do some epic fights against each other.

Fuck it. Clearly not a top guy any more. But boy do I have little interest in seeing Chael find a way to quit in a fight with Vitor.

Wand again seems fun.

Fuck it. Clearly not a top guy any more. But boy do I have little interest in seeing Chael find a way to quit in a fight with Vitor.

It would be intriguing to see who quit first.

Would that be the longest span between an MMA fight and a rematch? Vitor and Wandy fought in October 1998, 19 years ago.

Would that be the longest span between an MMA fight and a rematch? Vitor and Wandy fought in October 1998, 19 years ago.

Not quite

Ken Shamrock lost to Royce in 1993 and they had another fight in 1996 and then another fight in 2016 !

so if you count from 1993 its 23 years and if from 1996 it's 20 years !

As long as he uses TRT I'm OK with it.

And people thought there was no way the Bellator legends fights could last long term. With additions of Chael and Wandy and possibly Liddell, Hughes, and Vitor in the future it looks like the legend tour may have some life in it after all

And people thought there was no way the Bellator legends fights could last long term. With additions of Chael and Wandy and possibly Liddell, Hughes, and Vitor in the future it looks like the legend tour may have some life in it after all

Just got Nelson too

Back