Man shot in head in front of 2 y/o daughter

Im pro gun rights, but do you REALLY want everyone to carry a gun? There are some people who shouldnt even fucking be allowed to procreate or drive a car, much less carry a gun.

I agree not everyone should carry a gun and many of those that do need more practice/training. This fact makes some believe that people competent with guns have a greater responsibility to carry.
Hunting and guns was one of my passions growing up and was one of the things that kept me from going down a destructive road. There was no downside whatsoever and I'm thankful to beable to help others learn about guns and the outdoors safely.

Im pro gun rights, but do you REALLY want everyone to carry a gun? There are some people who shouldnt even fucking be allowed to procreate or drive a car, much less carry a gun.
One more thing on this. I remember the NRA as mainly being a family and hunting group. Now it has moved into a highly political organization protecting all types of weapons that no one was concerned about not that long ago. It probably developed by default because of the political climate that has developed but I have mixed feelings about it. Having said that I have my share of black guns and back the NRA because of the alternative.
Things are never simple I guess. Who would of thought one would have to choose between Hillary and Trump. Just can't make that up.

Terrible story, I'm glad his daughter was not hurt in the shooting. In this particular case, it does not sound like a concealed weapon would have helped anything at all. I tend to think concealed carriers are most likely to stop a crime when they are a bystander during a robbery or something, not when they are already being held at gun point. Unless the guy is Doc Holiday, he's not going to outdraw guys who are already pointed guns at him.

What made you choose this particular shooting to create a thread about? Seems random.

The assholes who point guns at people almost always assume they are the only ones armed. They are easily distracted by things happening and a CC citizen can get the jump and fire first.

There is a YT channel with hundreds of videos showing exactly this.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsE_m2z1NrvF2ImeNWh84mw

Savages.

Reminded me of the story of the carjacking that had a little kid in the back and instead of returning the kid. They shot him. People are fucked.
Hence the reason more and more people are arming themselves. It's just the sad reality of the situation.

He was a community activist in Philly. Clearly he was conditioned to believe that he was safe when he really wasn't. A gun cannot help someone who isn't aware of his own surroundings. Liberalism creates new victims like this everyday.
bs

gun activist great new victims everyday, and real world statistics show that most of those victims are innocent

Americans have a really weird gun fetish.

I've been shooting and had fun, but I never understood why anyone thinks it's a good idea to have everyone carry one around everywhere.

The problem now with America is there's too many guns in play, there is no way to get rid of them all.
The problem with the US is that we have a very large criminal class. It's underdiscussed imo because it is disproportionately black and no one wants to be called racist.

You have no fucking idea what happened......We don't know who the guy is or the situation of the shooting.

All we know is two guys got the jump on him, he had a daughter and they shot em in the back.

I find it amazing how your blaming the guy and assuming he was a liberal...You can be an activist and be a conservative....Hell you can be a liberal activist and be aware of your surroundings.

I don't give a shit how aware you are....It all depends on the circumstance and guy can easily walked up behind you and aim a gun at you...Please stop trying to make it sound as if Awareness will 100% prevent this from happening...As if Liberals are never aware..as if Conservatives are 100% aware and will never get killed.

You're a POS....Using this guys death to create some storyline to shit on liberals...Holyshit dude, wtf is wrong with you?

You're the problem with America...buying into this Liberal/Right Wing Dichotomy and trying to see everything thru this stupid Dichotomy to divide America.

Do you really think that anyone believes that violent crime can be 100% preventable? Go ahead and quote me where I made such a statement? I was responding to the claim that concealed carry is overrated. I say that it's highly underrated. What are your chances in a gunfight without a gun, versus with one? If a mass shooter walks in to a theater and begins shooting, are you happy that he is the only one with a gun? Only if you are an anti-gun idiot. We are talking about probabilities. You speak in absolutes like a child. It's a fact that situational awareness is always stressed for a CCW permit holder. These days the average liberal would call that racial profiling in an urban setting. You are not even supposed to cross the street if you witness a group of suspicious looking individuals if they happen to be minorities.

Other news reports stated that similar muggings and robberies had been happening in the area for the past 12 to 18 months. That means that it's time to get the hell out of that area. Situational awareness. That situation wasn't good. I feel sorry for the victim and the family. But I could have told him that eventually this was probably going to happen to someone in his neighborhood. I blame pro-criminal liberal propaganda more than anything else.

Last edited:
http://cbs58.com/news/police-carjackers-kill-activist-in-front-of-toddler-daughter

Would him carrying have prevented this? I think people overrate the concealed carry thing. If someone's got the jump on you, you're fucked either way. Also thinly veiled b on w violence story.

Even with a gun many times the best course of action will be compliance. Sounds like the guy tried to comply so that he could extract his child from harm's way. He gambled and lost it sounds like. That's why those with guns who successfully take out armed criminals should be celebrated.

Terrible story, I'm glad his daughter was not hurt in the shooting. In this particular case, it does not sound like a concealed weapon would have helped anything at all. I tend to think concealed carriers are most likely to stop a crime when they are a bystander during a robbery or something, not when they are already being held at gun point. Unless the guy is Doc Holiday, he's not going to outdraw guys who are already pointed guns at him.

What made you choose this particular shooting to create a thread about? Seems random.

People shouldn't carry unless they are well trained.

Lots of stories where preparation made all the difference.

holy shit, and here he is.

well, them procreating and driving a car is more dangerous to society, but you're right.

bs

gun activist great new victims everyday, and real world statistics show that most of those victims are innocent
Here is a good article on those statistics

This is a interesting article about real world statistics.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ive-gun-uses-than-taken-in-criminal-gun-uses/

In addition to the “almost certainly” pool, The K-G study also found that 14.6 percent of respondents believed that someone “probably would have” been killed if not for their DGU.

Because I want my numbers to be distinctly conservative let’s say that nine out of 10 of the “almost certainly” folks were wrong. And let’s say that 99 out of 100 of the “probably” people were also incorrect. That means we can state with a fair degree of certainty that at least 1.716 percentof the 1.46 million DGUs actually saved a life.

That translates to over 25,000 lives saved annually by guns.

According to the CDC, between 1999 and 2010 there were an average of 11,740 gun-related homicides annually. In 2014 the number was 10,945.

Bottom line: for every criminal firearm homicide (most of which consist of criminals shooing other criminals) more than two lives are saved by defensive gun uses.

Protection against government tyranny considerations aside, this is the human value of the Second Amendment.

Here is a good article on those statistics

This is a interesting article about real world statistics.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ive-gun-uses-than-taken-in-criminal-gun-uses/

In addition to the “almost certainly” pool, The K-G study also found that 14.6 percent of respondents believed that someone “probably would have” been killed if not for their DGU.

Because I want my numbers to be distinctly conservative let’s say that nine out of 10 of the “almost certainly” folks were wrong. And let’s say that 99 out of 100 of the “probably” people were also incorrect. That means we can state with a fair degree of certainty that at least 1.716 percentof the 1.46 million DGUs actually saved a life.

That translates to over 25,000 lives saved annually by guns.

According to the CDC, between 1999 and 2010 there were an average of 11,740 gun-related homicides annually. In 2014 the number was 10,945.

Bottom line: for every criminal firearm homicide (most of which consist of criminals shooing other criminals) more than two lives are saved by defensive gun uses.

Protection against government tyranny considerations aside, this is the human value of the Second Amendment.
so compare that to the number of gun deaths that happen by accidental discharge or children getting guns or children using dgu guns to commit suicide,
statistics are used to manipulate the truth!
The statistics youve posted were calculated to prove one side and the other side can compile statistics to prove their points.
I am a gun owner I have been around gun owners my whole life. I've lived in homes with guns my whole life and not once have I come across anyone who can say without a doubt that they have saved a life with their gun and I know 2 that have guns that have been use in suicide and one in an accidental death. those are the statistics that matter to me.

bottom line is guns are used to commit suicide and cause accidental death multiple time more than saving any lives.

Stop listening to the nra they are a fucking joke, real worl analysis confirms more truth than a gun manufacturer lobby ffs

http://cbs58.com/news/police-carjackers-kill-activist-in-front-of-toddler-daughter

Would him carrying have prevented this? I think people overrate the concealed carry thing. If someone's got the jump on you, you're fucked either way. Also thinly veiled b on w violence story.

What race was he and what race are the perpetrators? You can't expect us to make informed decisions without this info. It should be required of OP's in the WR that (when posting about crimes) they let us know if the perp is white. If not, racist.

You have no fucking idea what happened......We don't know who the guy is or the situation of the shooting.

All we know is two guys got the jump on him, he had a daughter and they shot em in the back.

I find it amazing how your blaming the guy and assuming he was a liberal...You can be an activist and be a conservative....Hell you can be a liberal activist and be aware of your surroundings.

I don't give a shit how aware you are....It all depends on the circumstance and guy can easily walked up behind you and aim a gun at you...Please stop trying to make it sound as if Awareness will 100% prevent this from happening...As if Liberals are never aware..as if Conservatives are 100% aware and will never get killed.

You're a POS....Using this guys death to create some storyline to shit on liberals...Holyshit dude, wtf is wrong with you?

You're the problem with America...buying into this Liberal/Right Wing Dichotomy and trying to see everything thru this stupid Dichotomy to divide America.

To be fair, no one gives a shit what you think, either. You're too unintelligent to make posts on a board for more than a few months without getting banned. Can't wait to see your 15th alt.

EDIT: FYI, Kap will go down as one of the most ineffectual QB's in history. It's not because he's black, it's because he was a one trick pony that took a season for defensive coordinators to figure out. Shitty player, shitty job.

Last edited:
The second amendment is pretty clear on this, so I won't dispute Americans' gun rights. I'm down with the Constitution.
<LynchWink>

However, I will argue with the idea that, if everyone had a gun we would all be safer, or even that more guns would equal a safer society. I think it is far more likely that minor disputes would result in tragic ends if everyone was strapped.

Tough spot to be in with no easy answers.

Carrying a firearm might deter most criminals but in the grand scheme of things its not going to help.

I would like to know the statistics on cities that allow concealed carry and those that dont because places in texas have high shooting rates amongst civilians anyways.

To be fair, no one gives a shit what you think, either. You're too unintelligent to make posts on a board for more than a few months without getting banned. Can't wait to see your 15th alt.

EDIT: FYI, Kap will go down as one of the most ineffectual QB's in history. It's not because he's black, it's because he was a one trick pony that took a season for defensive coordinators to figure out. Shitty player, shitty job.
Crapernick? OMG Im so offended LMFAO....

Shit bro, see this what Im talking about...You assume that I like Crapernick and like his kneeing and just like him overall because you bought into this whole right wing/left wing dichotomy.

Thanks for proving my point.

liberal activist? so he was a BLM guy shot to death infront of his children by black thugs?

Take them out back and put a bullet in their heads.

Back