Man shot in head in front of 2 y/o daughter

Terrible story, I'm glad his daughter was not hurt in the shooting. In this particular case, it does not sound like a concealed weapon would have helped anything at all. I tend to think concealed carriers are most likely to stop a crime when they are a bystander during a robbery or something, not when they are already being held at gun point. Unless the guy is Doc Holiday, he's not going to outdraw guys who are already pointed guns at him.

What made you choose this particular shooting to create a thread about? Seems random.

An activist? Is.not this type who dislike the guns and want more liberal chaos? Why you mention a carry on person?

http://cbs58.com/news/police-carjackers-kill-activist-in-front-of-toddler-daughter

Would him carrying have prevented this? I think people overrate the concealed carry thing. If someone's got the jump on you, you're fucked either way. Also thinly veiled b on w violence story.

He was a community activist in Philly. Clearly he was conditioned to believe that he was safe when he really wasn't. A gun cannot help someone who isn't aware of his own surroundings. Liberalism creates new victims like this everyday.

He was a community activist in Philly. Clearly he was conditioned to believe that he was safe when he really wasn't. A gun cannot help someone who isn't aware of his own surroundings. Liberalism creates new victims like this everyday.
You have no fucking idea what happened......We don't know who the guy is or the situation of the shooting.

All we know is two guys got the jump on him, he had a daughter and they shot em in the back.

I find it amazing how your blaming the guy and assuming he was a liberal...You can be an activist and be a conservative....Hell you can be a liberal activist and be aware of your surroundings.

I don't give a shit how aware you are....It all depends on the circumstance and guy can easily walked up behind you and aim a gun at you...Please stop trying to make it sound as if Awareness will 100% prevent this from happening...As if Liberals are never aware..as if Conservatives are 100% aware and will never get killed.

You're a POS....Using this guys death to create some storyline to shit on liberals...Holyshit dude, wtf is wrong with you?

You're the problem with America...buying into this Liberal/Right Wing Dichotomy and trying to see everything thru this stupid Dichotomy to divide America.

People shouldn't carry unless they are well trained.

Lots of stories where preparation made all the difference.

Armed sitizens save lives often. I'm surprised you haven't heard more about this. I wonder why?

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170301/despite-the-lies-armed-citizens-save-lives

This feature appears in the March ‘17 issue of NRA America’s 1st Freedom, one of the official journals of the National Rifle Association.

Gun-ban advocates like to talk about how armed citizens aren’t a deterrent to crime. They boast that “a good guy with a gun stopping a bad guy with a gun” is just some kind of figment of gun owners’ imaginations.

In fact, Demanding Moms head Shannon Watts has gone so far as to say, “This has never happened. Data shows it doesn’t happen.” More recently, on Jan. 12, The New York Times editorial board, pontificating against laws that would better enable law-abiding Americans to defend themselves with firearms, wrote: “The grim truth is that concealed-carry permit holders are rarely involved in stopping crime.”

Ironically, on the very same day an Arizona armed citizen used his gun to save a state trooper’s life—once again proving that Watts, the Times and other gun-banners who say good guys with guns don’t stop bad guys with guns are intentionally lying for political reasons.

Here’s the story.

According to a report from KTAR News, the trooper was investigating an early morning rollover accident when someone shot him in the shoulder. The attacker then jumped on the trooper and began ruthlessly beating him.

An armed citizen was passing by with his family when he noticed the attack underway. Stopping his car, he ran toward the scene and asked the officer if he needed assistance. The officer answered, “Yes.”

The armed citizen ran back to his car, grabbed his gun, approached the scene and ordered the attacker to stop. When the bad guy continued to beat the trooper, the armed citizen shot the assailant several times, killing him.

Watts and other gun haters will likely just ignore this incident. They’ll claim that it never happened, or that the officer wasn’t in danger. Or they’ll say the armed citizen didn’t play an important role in the episode.

If they won’t take my word for it, though, perhaps they’ll listen to the director of Arizona’s Department of Public Safety. Col. Frank Milstead pulled no punches in stating, “I don’t know that my trooper would be alive without [the armed citizen’s] assistance.” He added, “I would just say thank you.”

It’s a good thing that this armed citizen, who chose to remain anonymous, didn’t listen to the lies from anti-gunners. If he had—and if he had believed what they continually repeat—he might have decided to leave his gun at home that day.

http://www.naturalnews.com/052450_Gun_control_laws_self_defense_lives_saved.html

In fact, according to a compilation of self-defense cases posted at the website Ammoland, use of firearms in self-defense is not only quite common, but they are often credited with dramatically limiting the carnage a bad guy (or gal) with a gun seeks to inflict on society. Cases in point:

-- John Hendricks of Chicago was driving his personal vehicle for Uber one evening, and had just dropped off a passenger, when he saw a man holler, draw a handgun and start shooting at a nearby crowd. In fact, one of the shooter's bullets struck Hendricks' vehicle, the Chicago Tribune reported. Hendricks pulled his own weapon, shot the armed assailant and called 911. When police arrived, Hendricks walked up to them with his hands raised and his concealed carry license in hand. There is no telling how many people he saved with that action.

We don't see color unless it's white on black. Shame on you.

I would feel horrible if I wasn't armed and saw 3 or 4 guys dragging off some girl . If armed I could end them and more importantly save her, otherwise even if you hit one with a baseball bat their still gone.

This prepared guy was able to stay alive fortunately.

http://cbs58.com/news/police-carjackers-kill-activist-in-front-of-toddler-daughter

Would him carrying have prevented this? I think people overrate the concealed carry thing. If someone's got the jump on you, you're fucked either way. Also thinly veiled b on w violence story.

Here is some good information you might not be aware of concerning gun violence and self protection. Worth checking out. I've talked to the editor when he was writing about a incident that I had personal information on. He is a super good guy.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ive-gun-uses-than-taken-in-criminal-gun-uses/

Here’s a fact you’ll never see in mainstream media accounts of “gun violence” in America: defensive gun uses save more than twice as many lives than the number lost in criminal gun uses. Here are the numbers:

According to the Kleck-Gertz study from the mid 1990s, there are between 2.1 and 2.5 million defensive gun uses (DGU’s) annually.

Now there are a lot of people out there who deride this number as ludicrous. But they’re unable or (more likely) unwilling to accept that Dr. Kleck is not a shill for the Gun Lobby™. This, despite the good doctor disclosing in his 1997 book Targeting Guns that . . .

The author is a member of the American Civil Liberties Union, Amnesty International USA, Independent Action, Democrats 2000, and Common Cause, among other politically liberal organizations He is a lifelong registered Democrat, as well as a contributor to liberal Democratic candidates.

He is not now, nor has he ever been, a member of, or contributor to, the National Rifle Association, HandgunControl, Inc. nor any other advocacy organization, nor has he received funding for research from any such organization.

But skeptics gotta skeptic. Antis prefer their own “reality.” So let’s go ahead and throw the K-G number out in favor of something more conservative.

Let’s use the numbers from the study commissioned by the Clinton DoJ shortly after the K-G study was published.

That study was conducted by Drs. Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig, longtime proponents of strict gun control. It concluded that there were 1.46 million DGUs per year.

Some reject even this lower number. Instead, they put their faith in the National Crime Victimization Surveys‘ estimate that there are between 50k and 100k DGUs per year. (A number that’s still higher than the number of annual firearms-related homicides.)

The NCVS seriously undercounts the number of DGUs. I’ll let Dr. Tom Smith, Senior Fellow and Director of the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago explain:

. . . the estimates of the NCVSs are too low. There are two chief reasons for this. First, only DGUs that are reported as part of a victim’s response to a specified crime are potentially covered.

While most major felonies are covered by the NCVSs, a number of crimes such as trespassing, vandalism, and malicious mischief are not. DGUs in response to these and other events beyond the scope of the NCVSs are missed.

Second, the NCVSs do not directly inquire about DGUs. After a covered crime has been reported, the victim is asked if he or she “did or tried to do [anything] about the incident while it was going on.”

Indirect questions that rely on a respondent volunteering a specific element as part of a broad and unfocused inquiry uniformly lead to undercounts of the particular of interest.

There’s another problem with the failure to directly inquire about DGUs: the DGU question is only triggered by someone saying they were the victim of a crime. If someone came towards me with a knife saying “Gimme your wallet” and I put my hand on my weapon and replied “I don’t think so, Skippy,” causing the assailant to retreat, was I the victim of a crime?

....disgusting

Last edited:
Americans have a really weird gun fetish.

I've been shooting and had fun, but I never understood why anyone thinks it's a good idea to have everyone carry one around everywhere.

The problem now with America is there's too many guns in play, there is no way to get rid of them all.

I've been shooting and had fun, but I never understood why anyone thinks it's a good idea to have everyone carry one around everywhere.

The problem now with America is there's too many guns in play, there is no way to get rid of them all.
American here. I don't care who does or doesn't carry. I care that as a responsible adult, some people want to tell me what I can and can't do to reasonably protect myself.

The media never adequately covers stuff like this. The victim in this case was a liberal activist.

http://www.americanthinker.com/arti...murder_undermines_liberal_talking_points.html

D.C Metro Murder Undermines Liberal Talking Points
This is a disturbing article.

If Sutherland’s killing doesn’t outrage the liberal press, then such public commentary does. In an unusual move, the Washington Post’s July 10 edition moved the Petula Dvorak Metro column (she’s the paper’s reliably leftist suburban mom) to page one. Dvorak never misses a chance to excoriate gun owners or 2d Amendment advocates, “reporting” recently from a Virginia “death bazaar” (gun show) as if she were a foreign correspondent, openly scornful of vendors and attendees. In the July 10 column she ridiculed people who said that they would have intervened during the attack, and especially those that pointed out how useful a gun might have been in the situation, calling them “cowboys.” Her incisive analysis: that an armed passenger might have hit others with stray bullets or caused a hostage situation. How either result could have occurred, with all the terrified passengers crowed in one end of the car, while Spires stabbed and beat Sutherland to death in the other, she didn’t make clear, but maybe she thinks bullets have minds of their own and can go backwards? Or that a gun-wielding passenger would have held Spires hostage? Of course, she never considers that a passenger just producing a gun might have ended the incident peacefully and without any casualties.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/arti...nes_liberal_talking_points.html#ixzz4sQRW3tTQ
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

I'd rather have a society where the good and bad people have guns than one where just the bad has them.

Here is some good information you might not be aware of concerning gun violence and self protection. Worth checking out. I've talked to the editor when he was writing about a incident that I had personal information on. He is a super good guy.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ive-gun-uses-than-taken-in-criminal-gun-uses/

Here’s a fact you’ll never see in mainstream media accounts of “gun violence” in America: defensive gun uses save more than twice as many lives than the number lost in criminal gun uses. Here are the numbers:

According to the Kleck-Gertz study from the mid 1990s, there are between 2.1 and 2.5 million defensive gun uses (DGU’s) annually.

Now there are a lot of people out there who deride this number as ludicrous. But they’re unable or (more likely) unwilling to accept that Dr. Kleck is not a shill for the Gun Lobby™. This, despite the good doctor disclosing in his 1997 book Targeting Guns that . . .

The author is a member of the American Civil Liberties Union, Amnesty International USA, Independent Action, Democrats 2000, and Common Cause, among other politically liberal organizations He is a lifelong registered Democrat, as well as a contributor to liberal Democratic candidates.

He is not now, nor has he ever been, a member of, or contributor to, the National Rifle Association, HandgunControl, Inc. nor any other advocacy organization, nor has he received funding for research from any such organization.

But skeptics gotta skeptic. Antis prefer their own “reality.” So let’s go ahead and throw the K-G number out in favor of something more conservative.

Let’s use the numbers from the study commissioned by the Clinton DoJ shortly after the K-G study was published.

That study was conducted by Drs. Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig, longtime proponents of strict gun control. It concluded that there were 1.46 million DGUs per year.

Some reject even this lower number. Instead, they put their faith in the National Crime Victimization Surveys‘ estimate that there are between 50k and 100k DGUs per year. (A number that’s still higher than the number of annual firearms-related homicides.)

The NCVS seriously undercounts the number of DGUs. I’ll let Dr. Tom Smith, Senior Fellow and Director of the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago explain:

. . . the estimates of the NCVSs are too low. There are two chief reasons for this. First, only DGUs that are reported as part of a victim’s response to a specified crime are potentially covered.

While most major felonies are covered by the NCVSs, a number of crimes such as trespassing, vandalism, and malicious mischief are not. DGUs in response to these and other events beyond the scope of the NCVSs are missed.

Second, the NCVSs do not directly inquire about DGUs. After a covered crime has been reported, the imvictim is asked if he or she “did or tried to do [anything] about the incident while it was going on.”

Indirect questions that rely on a respondent volunteering a specific element as part of a broad and unfocused inquiry uniformly lead to undercounts of the particular of interest.

There’s another problem with the failure to directly inquire about DGUs: the DGU question is only triggered by someone saying they were the victim of a crime. If someone came towards me with a knife saying “Gimme your wallet” and I put my hand on my weapon and replied “I don’t think so, Skippy,” causing the assailant to retreat, was I the victim of a crime?
Im pro gun rights, but do you REALLY want everyone to carry a gun? There are some people who shouldnt even fucking be allowed to procreate or drive a car, much less carry a gun.

Back